maria5555

K1 Visa process with waiver included

22 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Un poco

Anyway I sort of guessed your situation, it was the only thing that made sense.

I have seen quite a few 9C determinations but not that many who have gone past the 10 years etc.

And none I can remember who went into detail as to what happened next.

So did you go to the Consulate, interviewed, have the 1 212 need and filed or did you have an approved I 212.

Something else, which I was wondering, I 212's usually are filed with the Port of Entry but obviously not in this case, does it go to the Lockbox or Consulate?

It doesn’t let me post the pic but yes it was an approved I-212 waiver that I took to the embassy where the refused me again because of this situation. And it goes to Lockbox then when its approved it goes to the consulate.

2 hours ago, Family said:

Si puede 

It doesn’t let me post but it’s marked in section 9a1 where he wrote in 3 illegal entries and 9c2 where he wrote the waiver is granted or already approved then he wrote under the 9a1 that “we are working with USCIS to Include these ineligibilities to your waiver, we will contact you as soon as this process is final”.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, maria5555 said:

It doesn’t let me post the pic but yes it was an approved I-212 waiver that I took to the embassy where the refused me again because of this situation. And it goes to Lockbox then when its approved it goes to the consulate.

Thanks, that makes sense.

The only other complication that is obvious if there was something else, something that needed a I 601. However it does not sound like this is the case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, maria5555 said:

It doesn’t let me post but it’s marked in section 9a1 where he wrote in 3 illegal entries and 9c2 where he wrote the waiver is granted or already approved then he wrote under the 9a1 that “we are working with USCIS to Include these ineligibilities to your waiver, we will contact you as soon as this process is final”.

That is encouraging as it states they want to “include..these ineligibilities” in your approved waiver  , rather than deal with “ new “ ones according to that odd response .

Minus of course …that it’s some internal error . 

You should still continue with Congressman and email to LegalNet as you wait.

Without knowing all the details of your case, it's hard to say, but it sounds like the original officer made an error (likely finding you 9A1 instead of 9A2 or 9C1 instead of 9C2, or an ineligibility was missed). If you've been out of the US for 10 years, 9A1 would have expired, unless you were removed from the border twice, in which case you'd have a 20 year bar--this could be the problem. From their communications, it sounds like they think the I-212 is sufficient and you don't have any ineligibilities that require an I-601 but that the I-212 needs to be corrected to include all the ineligibilities. It seems like they are working with USCIS to correct this since they made they error, which is standard practice, but that processes takes a couple of months. You are right to have your Congressperson lean on them. Good luck!

10 hours ago, maria5555 said:

It’s actually very sad because I have been the one that’s been moving the process I went out of my way to contact congress I made the appointment with the consulate I made the expedite petition and they literally have only sent the the waiver and the I-129f that’s it! When I told them of this process they literally giggled and said wow what a complex case and they asked for my refusal letter to keep in their files haha. Just said to wait so yeah I don’t think they’re gonna help to much. Only have hope with congress 😥

Sadly at this times some lawyers only want easy cases that we all can do on our own , if somethings are difficult they don’t want to take the case or say a ridiculous amount to pay. No one will fight for you the way you will fight for yourself keep going . No one will tell your story better than you yourself. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 hours ago, maria5555 said:

Do you somewhat understand Spanish a little? So I can post the refusal letter maybe you’ll understand it a little more than I do.

I speak Spanish. Post it and I can translate

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.