littleminxgirl

I give up. I just give up (merged)

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, littleminxgirl said:

I'm not sure of the whole situation. I'd left the country by then. I found out all of this when I got back. Didn't know about the AP or anything. The interview officer just said he would be approved after the police report was obtained. Was not expecting this.

It could be approved, then, once the police report is obtained. It's normal for it to go into AP while they're waiting for something necessary like that.

13 hours ago, littleminxgirl said:

I know everyone goes through AP, but it does feel like the last little cruel step before the denial. With the fiancé screwing up the whole police report thing and not having all the paperwork together at the interview I almost feel like this is a little extra punishment before the final "sorry, sucks to be you" refusal. They will let me know when there's an official refusal by email or something right? It's absolutely horrible that there's no way to actually reach out and speak to someone to find out any information. I knew the system was broken, but this whole process is beyond belief terrible. 

I hope not.  We always saw our status change to “refused” between interview and visa issuance which is often what they switch to while they wrap things up.  
Has he submitted the police report?

• Ontarkie changed the title to I give up. I just give up (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads have been merged. Please keep related questions together. It helps member's when replying to you if all is in one spot.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

13 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

I hope not.  We always saw our status change to “refused” between interview and visa issuance which is often what they switch to while they wrap things up.  
Has he submitted the police report?

It was submitted 2 weeks after the interview. I believe they told him they had everything the needed in early December. Since then not a peep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, littleminxgirl said:

From What this looks like, they haven't even looked at our case in 2 months. Is this normal? I'm debating doing a Zoom wedding and just filing for the CR1 at this point. I feel like we're never going to move forward. 

image.png.456f1e7eb4bfc17803590f8991b43656.png

In some regions, background checks and/or investigations take time.  Marrying and starting the spousal visa process would not prevent an extended AP after the next interview.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 3/6/2023 at 8:25 AM, Crazy Cat said:

In some regions, background checks and/or investigations take time.  Marrying and starting the spousal visa process would not prevent an extended AP after the next interview.

@littleminxgirl - You might want to reach out to other Iranian applicants to see how long their security checks lasted.

4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

@littleminxgirl - You might want to reach out to other Iranian applicants to see how long their security checks lasted.

He's on some Telegram group that's all Iranians in the process of immigrating. It looks like it's all over the place with AP. some are just a few days, others are still waiting from earlier last year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.