TBoneTX

(Master Thread) 2024 Election Strategies, Issues, & Candidates [merged threads]

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

I can assure you that I feel the same way about Trump. It literally baffles me that almost half of this country could bring themselves to vote for this man.

You all had a chance in the primary to pick someone else and instead you pick the one person who could potentially lose to Harris/Biden.

as for your first sentence - it's real easy:  cost of living, foreign wars..........

as for the second - harris/biden are all hat and no cattle, and have demonstrated that since they took office. 

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would imagine there will be  more than 2 candidates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, D-R-J said:

When Trump is the other option, I would definitely put myself in that category.

sounds like identity politics at best.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Just now, Ban Hammer said:

as for your first sentence - it's real easy:  cost of living, foreign wars..........

as for the second - harris/biden are all hat and no cattle, and have demonstrated that since they took office. 

Yeah, inflation has sucked. But that has been a worldwide problem and arguably the US has weathered that better than anywhere else. Seems like inflation has stabilized, but obviously that doesn’t mean prices have gone down.

I think that our response to the pandemic economically was probably the right one though. We avoided a major recession and high levels of joblessness. Essentially it spread a little of the pain among everyone as opposed to having the unemployed suffer most. I’d take this recover over the recover from 2008.

I don’t see how you can blame Biden/Harris for wars. They can’t control Hamas or Putin. I think it is the right thing to do to support democracies defending themselves, but all the civilians casualties in Gaza make me feel terrible.

Timeline

I used to live in Boulder County, now that was where the D Glass of water would comfortably win, so the actual elections were pointless, deciding who the D Candidate was where it was at and of course with Kam that process has been bypassed.

I always think of Trump as an old fashion NY Dem, I am sure if the opportunity had arisen he would have gone that way.

I would mention the old adage:

Hard Times Create Strong Men

Well Weak women unless she has now chose to re identify.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t understand. I think he is categorically unfit for the office and a danger to democratic norms. What does that have to do with identity politics?

he secured the border - biden opened it.  i'm sure the withdrawal from afghanistan would have gone better under trump than under biden, and without the

us arming the taliban like we did.
biden flip flopping around on israel hasn't made things more peaceful, that's for sure.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
1 hour ago, D-R-J said:

Yeah, inflation has sucked. But that has been a worldwide problem and arguably the US has weathered that better than anywhere else. Seems like inflation has stabilized, but obviously that doesn’t mean prices have gone down.

I think that our response to the pandemic economically was probably the right one though. We avoided a major recession and high levels of joblessness. Essentially it spread a little of the pain among everyone as opposed to having the unemployed suffer most. I’d take this recover over the recover from 2008.

I don’t see how you can blame Biden/Harris for wars. They can’t control Hamas or Putin. I think it is the right thing to do to support democracies defending themselves, but all the civilians casualties in Gaza make me feel terrible.

biden hasn't done much to ease things, with his ban on oil exploration and exploitation.
the response to the pandemic was nothing less than the sky is falling - and unnecessary.  no one needed to lose their job over any of that nonsense.
biden and harris can't be blamed for wars?  that's odd, i remember when trump was going to start ww3.  as the leader of the free world, the president has a lot of influence.
too bad joe chose to squander that to get his 10%

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

biden hasn't done much to ease things, with his ban on oil exploration and exploitation.
the response to the pandemic was nothing less than the sky is falling - and unnecessary.  no one needed to lose their job over any of that nonsense.
biden and harris can't be blamed for wars?  that's odd, i remember when trump was going to start ww3.  as the leader of the free world, the president has a lot of influence.
too bad joe chose to squander that to get his 10%

“The United States produced more crude oil than any nation at any time, according to our International Energy Statistics, for the past six years in a row.”

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=61545

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

he secured the border - biden opened it.  i'm sure the withdrawal from afghanistan would have gone better under trump than under biden, and without the

us arming the taliban like we did.
biden flip flopping around on israel hasn't made things more peaceful, that's for sure.

We will never know if the withdrawal from Afghanistan would have gone better under Trump because he didn’t do it. So we will have to agree to disagree.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t understand. I think he is categorically unfit for the office and a danger to democratic norms. What does that have to do with identity politics?

The only party actually flouting democratic norms currently is the Democrat party. Not only have the party elite handpicked a candidate in spite of their primary voters, they have members (Rep. Jamie Raskin) who have openly said that they intend not to certify a Trump win by using the 14th Amendment.

And then there is the admission that the DNC knew of Joe Biden’s mental and physical decline before the November 2020 election and actively using mis-and disinformation to cover for him.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, D-R-J said:

We will never know if the withdrawal from Afghanistan would have gone better under Trump because he didn’t do it. So we will have to agree to disagree.

it certainly couldn't have gone worse.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *