TBoneTX

(Master Thread) 2024 Election Strategies, Issues, & Candidates [merged threads]

1,251 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
9 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t think that presidents should be killing American citizen abroad. I’d much rather have a more constrained executive than less. If individuals are don’t think they can act within the law as presidents, then maybe they’re in the wrong job.

Even Ty Cobb, Trump’s former lawyer has basically said that Cannon is either incompetent or biased, maybe both. She was reversed by a panel of all Republican appointed judges on her decision to appoint a special master.

Maybe we could get immigration under control if Republicans stopped listening to Trump and passed the bipartisan immigration deal negotiated by Senator Lankford. Instead they are more interested in using it as a campaign issue than fixing the problem.

The Senate Bill was DOA in the House of Representatives, because the immigration-related provisions were weak, and only a minor portion of the bill. The financial aid to Ukraine and Israel made up the bulk of it.

H.R.2, on the other hand was a more focused, and tougher immigration measure, passed in the House before the Senate bill made in to the Senate, and was uniformly opposed by Democrats because it that.

But the MSM rarely admits that H.R.2 even exists, because even that admission would validate the vote against the Senate bill.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

is either incompetent or biased, maybe both.

Sounds like an ACTING Judge up there in NY. ...who WILL be reversed if he sentences Trump.

Sometimes, no bill is better than a bad bill.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t think most of us are concerned with mean tweets. There are plenty of legitimate concerns about Trump. I think it is unlikely that Trump will become a dictator, but I do worry about his authoritarian tendencies and the Supreme Court’s recent rulings on presidential immunity. I think together those could be result in a second term that’s more dangerous than the first. I also worry about the judiciary and more appointments like Aileen Cannon.

You are in for a nasty surprise if you think Trump’s policies are going to be anything but catastrophic for inflation. Tax cuts, tariffs, mass deportations and trying to undermine the independence of the Fed are a recipe for disaster. I hope you are wrong about the election.

It is interesting you say Trump has authoritarian tendencies all while ignoring those same tendencies in Biden.  I will agree, DC is broken, and both parties are to blame in allowing the Executive Branch to weird so much power.  I do wonder if the recent SCOTUS decisions related to the bureaucrats, in particular ending the Chevron doctrine, will do anything to righting the ship that is Congress.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

The Senate Bill did nothing to control the border.  If Democrats were actually serious about border control they would pass HR2 which is sitting in Corrupt Chuck Schumer’s inbox.

I think Senator Lankford would disagree with you. Governing usually involves compromise, but it’s not clear that many on the right feel that way any more. I guess we’ll see what type of bill can get passed after the election.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

It is interesting you say Trump has authoritarian tendencies all while ignoring those same tendencies in Biden.  I will agree, DC is broken, and both parties are to blame in allowing the Executive Branch to weird so much power.  I do wonder if the recent SCOTUS decisions related to the bureaucrats, in particular ending the Chevron doctrine, will do anything to righting the ship that is Congress.

DC is, indeed, broken. And that is why the Washington Machine’s resistance to DJT’s first term and the coordinated effort to prevent a second term is so evident.

There are so many within the Federal Government with a vested interest in not letting DJT back into the White House, because they know that if he gets in, their access to power will be finished. They can not let that happen.

Which is why it must.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline
4 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

I guess we’ll see what type of bill can get passed after the election.

HR2 along with some lawful executive orders.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I don’t see that. I guess we will see what happens if/when Biden loses the election. I don’t think we’ll see him trying to overturn the election.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pooky said:

their access to power will be finished.

I suspect that is one of the reasons Jill and Hunter are fighting the current opposition to Biden's remaining in the race.

Timeline
1 minute ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t see that. I guess we will see what happens if/when Biden loses the election. I don’t think we’ll see him trying to overturn the election.

He won’t. But the President will 😉

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, D-R-J said:

I don’t think we’ll see him trying to overturn the election.

You think we'll see him making sure it was a fair election if he loses? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

You think we'll see him making sure it was a fair election if he loses? 

I think if he thinks it is unfair he will turn to the courts. If he exhausts his options in court we will not see him encouraging people to march on the Capitol.

This is what happened with Gore, right? He definitely had a stronger case than Trump that he won the election.

Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

I’d still vote for a Weekend at Bernie’s Biden over Trump.

Are you voting based on policy or against the personality of one man? 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
4 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

I think he should definitely have a cognitive evaluation to show us he is up for the job.

He won't because we all already know the result.