brandzig

Marriage Fraud Question

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Divorce will take time and I can think of no benefit to you in delaying.

I can think of one benefit... Hold off on the divorce until he asks for it and then get as much money out of him as you can in agreement for the divorce.  Since he will need the divorce in order to AOS through the girlfriend, it will be in his interest to pay up... 

;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, davidvs said:

I can think of one benefit... Hold off on the divorce until he asks for it and then get as much money out of him as you can in agreement for the divorce.  Since he will need the divorce in order to AOS through the girlfriend, it will be in his interest to pay up... 

;)

I was assuming that working under the table, wanting money from the OP to come, he did not have much money. Would depend on how desperate he is to adjust, does not sound the brightest especially if he thinks he can have 4 wives.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I was assuming that working under the table, wanting money from the OP to come, he did not have much money. Would depend on how desperate he is to adjust, does not sound the brightest especially if he thinks he can have 4 wives.

True.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, brandzig said:

I married my husband soon to be 3 years ago. He and I filed an immigration petition, and it was approved for expedite but he had entered USA due to an emergency on a tourist visa last year as we lost a child. Now we just had a baby, but he did not come to the delivery despite having a tourist visa and ticket. I came to find out he was actually here in another state living with another woman and working on the tourist visa under the table. He came two days prior to our child's delivery and never told me. His family had been lying to me saying he was asleep in his bed. He has not been in contact with me whatsoever. Is there anything I can do about him being here living with another woman? I want to also withdraw my I-130 but will it be too late due to being married for close to three years? I need to also know what to do because he is in another state, and I need temporary child support but have no idea how to get his address. I found out he entered USA by a friend of his, so I checked his I-94 and was so saddened that he was in USA with another woman while I was giving birth to his first child, and we had lost two children last year. Is this immigration fraud and what can I do about it?

Immediately contact USCIS, NVC, and the consulate to IMMEDIATELY withdraw the I-130 and the I-864.  YOU MUST DO THIS QUICKLY!  I would guess he misrepresented himself during the B2 process.  I hope you can find peace and seek happiness for yourself and your child.  Let this man go. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

divorce him and let what happens be his problems

go after him for child support listing the fact that he is working (address and all info u may have on him)  that alone will trigger working on tourist visa and ICE

he can marry another but u don't have to comply with sending him copy of the divorce papers

let him pay for them himself

Adjusting on tourist visa if he marries another woman?   he's going to find immigration will look at all his visa application background and that is his problem

the best for u to do is divorce,  take care of yourself and this child and put him in your past / he's not your future/  Thank God

I have no address at all. The last time he texted me was September 29 and that was just the words "you got what you wanted" (as in a baby). I kept texting him and by that time he was already here, and I was a fool thinking he was still in Pakistan. His brother kept lying to me because he wanted me to buy him a cell phone. So, he was only planning to tell me he left after he got what he wanted. So, I feel overall betrayed by the entire family. They told me they wanted him to leave to get out of their way because he was abusing all of them. Then there is an allegation that he was doing something wrong with one of his small students at the mosque he was over. He was working as an imam but was fired there due to this allegation. Is there any way I could mention this in the letter as well? Would that be of interest to the USCIS?

1 hour ago, Family said:

Save your energy and pick your battles.

The various agencies you contacted by email would appreciate a signed copy of your withdrawal letter , so you can follow up by email w a copy of your signed statement.

Try to notarize your letter before sending it off and skip the in person visit hassle …but if you insist and it makes you feel better, ask for ICE Officer.

I believe he has no intention of going back and has already set himself up ( other woman , job ) so let go of any notion of fair play . 

During your consult w family law attorney, ask specifically if you can seek an annulment of the marriage …based on fraud or allegations of bigamy.
If he asserted the “ four wives” tenet of belief , he may very well have married ( religious only) his other partner.

For example, in California. 
…..or bigamy, where someone has knowingly married more than one person, the state of California will automatically annul those contracts when they are discovered, even if all parties consented to the marriage.

https://www.nathanlawoffices.com/library/legal-grounds-for-a-marriage-annulment-in-california.cfm

I did call and got the ICE officer voicemail. He has yet to return my call. I am emotionally drained, so I am trying to keep my focus here without falling to pieces. I think he did do the religious marriage as stated. Although, I suspect he is living with someone who he was friends with prior to meeting me. She is an older lady roughly 65 and he was in contact with her. She lives in the same state that he did POE. So, I do have an address for her that I will try to serve the papers to. I believe he was plotting to do this to me for a while now. I think it is very disgusting that he snuck back into this country on the visa that we got for our child we had previously lost. Then he never had the decency to even come meet this baby. I had my delivery without him and that makes me feel stupid. He was fooling around in another state enjoying life while I was in the hospital having his child. It cuts like a knife. I am very hurt. I will do what is best for me and the baby. I am going to my attorney tomorrow and I also will be seeking therapy as this has mentally affected me as he is a narcissist. I never knew this was going to be in my destiny. I feel like my entire world is crumbling down before me and nothing will ever be normal again. Looking back, I went through old emails, and he was always running away and blocking me during important events in my life. I should have known better. I hope his new victim finds out how he is fast before she gets pregnant, and he leaves her as well (if it is not the 65-year-old). He was also talking to daughter, so I suspect she left her husband for mine. That is what I have come to believe after some investigating and talking to his best friend via my Pakistani brother-in-law (sister's husband) and a friend. Sorry to rant, but I needed to let it all out. Thank you all for the advice. I do have an old account here but due to feeling ashamed I wanted to be anonymous in case he reads this to protect myself.

Edited by brandzig

14 minutes ago, Family said:

Write your statement and include whatever statement or details you have learned, up to name of mosque that fired him and shady circumstances….then walk in to a local UPS location ( or others that have a walk in notary) and mail your statement, then email copies and put the issue to rest.

You have the right to “fall apart “ for a minute or two….then be kind and gentle to your self and baby but most of all…find a nugget of gratitude in your heart that you both escaped a lifetime of deceit, distress and whatever his parents /brother and immediate family described.

Don’t go trying to locate him…when you are ready for family court , if he is still MIA , request service by publication ( newspaper ad)..your attorney or legal aid clinic can walk you through.

And stop trying to Text/ Call him …but put ALL your own family/friends on speed dial and talk/cry your heart out as often as you need to. 

VJ members here will happily suggest NEW and CREATIVE adjectives to describe the NO GOOD MONGREL 

Thank you again for advice. I am doing it but it will be hard. My heart is breaking. I just had mental setbacks and that was the reason for my delay. I have to push through it and do what I have to do. Ironically, our baby turns two months old on our 3rd wedding anniversary. That alone will be a heartbreaking day for me. But I am thankful for the blessing of my child. I guess in short, I got the better end of the deal. He walked away from a family for somebody else. Life will eventually show him his errors. I know his family begged me to let him stay here they just wanted him gone for their safety. I know they feel free and easy now. I hope they are happy, but my daughter and I are very much affected by this situation. What should I tell her when she comes of age to know? Also, someone said he could try to take her from me. Is this possible? I am going to the post office tomorrow to send off my letter. Wish me well that this turns out in my favor and his case gets withdrawn. I heard I have to withdraw both the I-130 and the sponsorship for me and my father. I should have done it long again, but my heart still was attached to him and his family. It was all a big deception and none of them ever loved me. As you said we have gotten away from the no-good man, and I need to stay away forever and let him be somebody else's problem and move on. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, brandzig said:

I have no address at all. The last time he texted me was September 29 and that was just the words "you got what you wanted" (as in a baby). I kept texting him and by that time he was already here, and I was a fool thinking he was still in Pakistan. His brother kept lying to me because he wanted me to buy him a cell phone. So, he was only planning to tell me he left after he got what he wanted. So, I feel overall betrayed by the entire family. They told me they wanted him to leave to get out of their way because he was abusing all of them. Then there is an allegation that he was doing something wrong with one of his small students at the mosque he was over. He was working as an imam but was fired there due to this allegation. Is there any way I could mention this in the letter as well? Would that be of interest to the USCIS?

stay away from gossip (even if true)  its something u can not prove and only takes away from your case and shows u as bitter

immigration (or ICE) don't care about bitter /  they follow the laws 

17 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

mmigration (or ICE) don't care about bitter /  they follow the laws 

ICE cares . 
I , as an anonymous web human care . 

OP, you have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about and most certainly nothing to hide. Say your peace …to anyone willing to listen. 

Reporting known allegations of crimes against children ( to any authority) is to be applauded ….especially as Pakistan is a hotbed of such practices 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5gjmw/student-secretly-filmed-his-own-sexual-assault-pakistan-madrassa

I didn’t get justice, neither did anyone believe me even though I spoke to many people around me,” the student said tearfully. “I’m taking my own life.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.