MMDG

I submitted my papers without an English translation

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I submitted my papers on October 24th and I’m wondering if I can upload the translation?

I read that I don’t need the translation but I have to bring it to the interview at the embassy.

also I submitted the tax transcript but I saw lots of submitters saying they got RFE for W2s as well..should I submit those? 

Edited by MMDG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, MMDG said:

I submitted my papers on October 24th and I’m wondering if I can upload the translation?

I read that I don’t need the translation but I have to bring it to the interview at the embassy.

also I submitted the tax transcript but I saw lots of submitters saying they got RFE for W2s as well..should I submit those? 

You’re getting an RFE for the translation definitely. Even though travel.state.gov says you don’t need a translation of a foreign language document if you’re interviewing in a consulate that uses that language, the NVC themselves don’t care and will request for the translation.

You should upload the W2s too. Sometimes uploading “additional documents” doesn’t restart the timeline, sometimes it does. In either case, I think you’d actually save time if you restarted the timeline now by uploading these essentials.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

You’re getting an RFE for the translation definitely. Even though travel.state.gov says you don’t need a translation of a foreign language document if you’re interviewing in a consulate that uses that language, the NVC themselves don’t care and will request for the translation.

Actually, where did you get that, I've been doing quite a research before I submitted my wife's civil documents, but never encountered an RFE on this forum that would say the documents do not have required translations, even though they are in the language of the consulate. As far as I know, the NVC is supposed to use templates of the documents to check if they are the required ones, thus that's how they can work on them without translation.

I hope someone more experienced can join the discussion on that

Timeline
12 minutes ago, aerodnight said:

Actually, where did you get that, I've been doing quite a research before I submitted my wife's civil documents, but never encountered an RFE on this forum that would say the documents do not have required translations, even though they are in the language of the consulate. As far as I know, the NVC is supposed to use templates of the documents to check if they are the required ones, thus that's how they can work on them without translation.

I hope someone more experienced can join the discussion on that

Arabic language documents that aren’t translated get RFE’d every once in a while. I’m in a group with people from my country and there have been cases of this.

You should do all the legwork when it comes to immigration and not rely on their leniency.

edit: I guess it’s wrong to say they’ll get an RFE “for sure”, but there’s a high chance of it, especially if it’s a marriage document. For example, Pakistani Muslims should submit

1. An Urdu Nikah Nama (Marriage Contract)

2. An English NADRA Certificate (Marriage Certificate)

3. A translation of the Urdu Nikah Nama (Marriage Contract)

You should look at all the RFEs posted here when document #3 was missing. It depends on the country of issue and the type of document really, the OP didn’t specify.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Arabic language documents that aren’t translated get RFE’d every once in a while. I’m in a group with people from my country and there have been cases of this.

You should do all the legwork when it comes to immigration and not rely on their leniency.

edit: I guess it’s wrong to say they’ll get an RFE “for sure”, but there’s a high chance of it, especially if it’s a marriage document. For example, Pakistani Muslims should submit

1. An Urdu Nikah Nama (Marriage Contract)

2. An English NADRA Certificate (Marriage Certificate)

3. A translation of the Urdu Nikah Nama (Marriage Contract)

You should look at all the RFEs posted here when document #3 was missing. It depends on the country of issue and the type of document really, the OP didn’t specify.

I didn’t upload the translation of my civil documents. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MMDG said:

I didn’t upload the translation of my civil documents. 

It would help if you told us what civil document (birth certificate? Marriage certificate?) it was and what country it’s for. Your profile says Kuwait, but maybe you were born or married somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

It would help if you told us what civil document (birth certificate? Marriage certificate?) it was and what country it’s for. Your profile says Kuwait, but maybe you were born or married somewhere else.

I uploaded my birth certificate and police both in Arabic. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.