Kez/JWolf

Strange thing about locked threads

274 posts in this topic

Who said she has Aspergers? Did she say it or is this a web based diagnosis from some forumites?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=Asperger

post #12

OK, fair enough.

And no, no medical condition should be used as an excuse to be rude.

Well, the person I know with Aspergers is rude, in the same way that Kez describes, i.e. brutally honest about things, which offends some people. However personal attacks are definitely not in the AS MO as I understand it.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I agree it would be best to just ignore the member.... but it is wrong that she is allowed to continue her style of attacks and appears to be allowed to by the mods and when people then defend themselves they are warned to stop and then the thread gets locked.... some people have said that she cant help it as she has Aspergers syndrom... well sorry but that is no excuss... my husband has AS and there is no way he would be as conforntational to anyone let alone strangers.... every person I know with AS will avaiod confrontation at all costs...

Kez

I do agree.

and i dont think she has Aspergers syndrom, its just an excuse.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Timeline
After reading the most recent comments in this thread I have to say - you are essentially "feeding" this issue yourselves. let's move on. If you have something to work out with a member - PM them, contact a mod or Ewok.

Laura, that's kind of a strange way to look at it, don't you think?

I don't understand why we have to PM the mods or the Captain to report continually aggressive behavior. The words are right there - in print.

When there is a clear consistent pattern of aggressive behavior, the members of this community shouldn't have to ask (let alone beg) for something to be done. The written record is there and the powers that be should simply take care of the problem.

I'm all for the mods not having to answer to us for every little thing they do. That includes shutting down someone who is a problem without everybody on the board having to 'report it' like a bunch of tattle-tales.

After reading the most recent comments in this thread I have to say - you are essentially "feeding" this issue yourselves. let's move on. If you have something to work out with a member - PM them, contact a mod or Ewok.

Laura, that's kind of a strange way to look at it, don't you think?

I don't understand why we have to PM the mods or the Captain to report continually aggressive behavior. The words are right there - in print.

When there is a clear consistent pattern of aggressive behavior, the members of this community shouldn't have to ask (let alone beg) for something to be done. The written record is there and the powers that be should simply take care of the problem.

I'm all for the mods not having to answer to us for every little thing they do. That includes shutting down someone who is a problem without everybody on the board having to 'report it' like a bunch of tattle-tales.

:yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

Do you want me to give it to you in a straight no frills answer?

For the most part members have no idea what actions the mods may or may not have taken with any particular member. Speculation that "nothing" is being done is just perception and perception is not always reality regardless of what that old saying states.

And yes, I am going to stand by my statements that chatting it up about a member who is bothering you does not usually end well, but the thread is still open, and discussion continues. That is fine with me, but what I said was a suggestion to look at it another way.

We do try very hard to be consistent and I can tell you we are absolutely not trying to make any member miserable by our actions (or perceived inactions).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Do you want me to give it to you in a straight no frills answer?

For the most part members have no idea what actions the mods may or may not have taken with any particular member. Speculation that "nothing" is being done is just perception and perception is not always reality regardless of what that old saying states.

And yes, I am going to stand by my statements that chatting it up about a member who is bothering you does not usually end well, but the thread is still open, and discussion continues. That is fine with me, but what I said was a suggestion to look at it another way.

We do try very hard to be consistent and I can tell you we are absolutely not trying to make any member miserable by our actions (or perceived inactions).

I think that's what causes all the problems, now and historically, that everything is all secretive. I'm just curious why that is. Why can't it be public that X member was suspended for X days because of X, Y, and Z posts. That way we all know what "behavior" warrants what "punishments", and there are no misperceptions.

Timeline

I respect the mods, i have no beef with any of them. but if something is being done about a member who consistantly attacks members of VJ still continues to attack members of VJ, then in my eyes, nothing is being done.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Timeline

It all very well saying we do not know what action has been taken against any member.... but to members of VJ when we see someone continue to behave in a way that is unacceptable to most people on VJ.. it appears to us as if nothing has happened.... the very fact that the behavour continues... shows that nothing has happened....

Sometimes transparicy is the best option....

Kez

I respect the mods, i have no beef with any of them. but if something is being done about a member who consistantly attacks members of VJ still continues to attack members of VJ, then in my eyes, nothing is being done.

I guess you can assume that it is acceptable behavior--or at the least, it is behavior that will not result in sanction.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

It would appear so.... I wonder what will happen to VJ if we continue to attrack members who think it is ok to behave in this manner and it goes unchecked by the Mods....

Kez

The prevailing evidence is .... nothing.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

I guess you can assume that it is acceptable behavior--or at the least, it is behavior that will not result in sanction.

i will not assume anything this member says as acceptable behavior when it is flat out demeening of other members of this site.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg