Kez/JWolf

Strange thing about locked threads

274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The thread in question is locked now, so it's not like one got a slap on the wrist and others didn't.

How do you know that? We don't know what the mods did or didn't do.

The majority on VJ wanted mods, now they're here. Now that's no good either to some. Cos this question keeps coming up repeatedly.

Can't we all just learn to ignore sh!t or deal with them in a fashion without running to 'tell'?

The question is not about wanting mods or not. It's about double standards & inconsistent modding.

Doesn't it all seem a little silly that we're all grown adults in committed relationships with so many real life responsibilities, yet we can't peacefully coexist on a messageboard with people we don't like?

I dunno Lisa, can we?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79300

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread in question is locked now, so it's not like one got a slap on the wrist and others didn't.

How do you know that? We don't know what the mods did or didn't do.

The majority on VJ wanted mods, now they're here. Now that's no good either to some. Cos this question keeps coming up repeatedly.

Can't we all just learn to ignore sh!t or deal with them in a fashion without running to 'tell'?

The question is not about wanting mods or not. It's about double standards & inconsistent modding.

Doesn't it all seem a little silly that we're all grown adults in committed relationships with so many real life responsibilities, yet we can't peacefully coexist on a messageboard with people we don't like?

I dunno Lisa, can we?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79300

How can you say it's inconsistent if you've also admitted you don't know what the mods did or didn't do?

As far as me & Steven disagreeing...disagreeing is hardly the same thing. No one's telling you to be all 'rah rah I love everyone!' here. There's a difference in my book from name calling and a polite disagreement which stays on topic. But isn't there a some middle ground between happy happy and this clusterfluff happening all the time? How many threads have been closed? How many threads have been started to complain about threads being locked, made invis, etc? First, it was 'lock the thread, don't make it invis'...now it's 'why is this locked?' It's not even like a lock is one sided imo...it just shut down the conversation completely, which I personally don't see as 'taking sides'...more of an attempt to diffuse a situation that will always shows itself until the involved parties decide to stop the merry go round of futility.

Hey, don't get me wrong...it makes for some interesting reading. But regardless of who dislikes whom...can't we all just try to act more like the adults we are? I think it would be refreshing to be able to disagree about things without having the thread locked.

How can you say it's inconsistent if you've also admitted you don't know what the mods did or didn't do?

I have PMs saying otherwise.

I'm confused. Didn't you say 'we don't know what the mods did or didn't do'?

I know what they said would be done hasn't.

Dev - if you have issues with how the mods are "modding" then the proper recourse is to either PM and work it out with us, or to PM Ewok. We have rehashed this several times, I don't know what else to say on the matter.

Dev - if you have issues with how the mods are "modding" then the proper recourse is to either PM and work it out with us, or to PM Ewok. We have rehashed this several times, I don't know what else to say on the matter.

I was only answering her question lal. ;)

I do have issues as do others(obvs this thread was created), yet no one has answered them, either in this thread or by PM. Not sure what else can be done?

I do have issues as do others(obvs this thread was created), yet no one has answered them, either in this thread or by PM. Not sure what else can be done?

but it HAS been answered....some feel the mods' decisions are unfair...the mods have explained why they did what they did, and obviously they feel they acted fairly....what other answer is anyone looking for?

And ty for answering my question, Dev

but it HAS been answered....some feel the mods' decisions are unfair...the mods have explained why they did what they did, and obviously they feel they acted fairly....what other answer is anyone looking for?

And ty for answering my question, Dev

They haven't Lisa. Let's just leave it at that, cuz it's obvious they won't. :no:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Im late into this. i was on vacation (weeeeeeeeee :P )

I do have a comment tho, HA is only seeking attention, why here i dunno, maybe its easier to beg for attention from ppl she doesnt know or have to look at on a daily basis. The point is if we keep giving it to her, she will keep staying and posting attention threads only in hopes ppl will respond and she can attack. If we just discontinue giving her what she wants, she will either go away (since she has no immigration purposes here anymore that she has stated), or she will just stop with the immature attacks on ppl.

I have at one point had an argument with her, and as mags remembers instead of continuing it on the thread i took it to PM, and she immediatly blocked me, then took it back to the thread and continued to attack me there, which was incredibly immature and against TOS with the attacks. i do wonder why she is even still on VJ, by choice or not, and if her only purpose here now is to tell me and certain others that our marriages are going to fail, or to brag about dating 2 weeks after her failed marriage, or brag about her bank account and then only here to attack ppl, why is she still here?

and that is my back from vacation thought :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Im late into this. i was on vacation (weeeeeeeeee :P )

I do have a comment tho, HA is only seeking attention, why here i dunno, maybe its easier to beg for attention from ppl she doesnt know or have to look at on a daily basis. The point is if we keep giving it to her, she will keep staying and posting attention threads only in hopes ppl will respond and she can attack. If we just discontinue giving her what she wants, she will either go away (since she has no immigration purposes here anymore that she has stated), or she will just stop with the immature attacks on ppl.

I have at one point had an argument with her, and as mags remembers instead of continuing it on the thread i took it to PM, and she immediatly blocked me, then took it back to the thread and continued to attack me there, which was incredibly immature and against TOS with the attacks. i do wonder why she is even still on VJ, by choice or not, and if her only purpose here now is to tell me and certain others that our marriages are going to fail, or to brag about dating 2 weeks after her failed marriage, or brag about her bank account and then only here to attack ppl, why is she still here?

and that is my back from vacation thought :)

:thumbs: greast post.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

I agree it would be best to just ignore the member.... but it is wrong that she is allowed to continue her style of attacks and appears to be allowed to by the mods and when people then defend themselves they are warned to stop and then the thread gets locked.... some people have said that she cant help it as she has Aspergers syndrom... well sorry but that is no excuss... my husband has AS and there is no way he would be as conforntational to anyone let alone strangers.... every person I know with AS will avaiod confrontation at all costs...

Kez

Who said she has Aspergers? Did she say it or is this a web based diagnosis from some forumites?

Her attitude doesn't look like someone with Aspergers to me, but that said I only know one person who suffers from it (who's personality can basically be summed up as: rude without meaning or knowing it).

She said it herself... and yes people with AS can say things that other may choose to keep to themselves... as in my husband would think nothing of saying to someone "wow that dress make you look really fat" he would think that he was just being truthful.... but he would never attack someone in the way the member had done or continues to do... that is way to confrontational for an person with AS.... yes they can be blunt and this can be seen by other as being rude... but a full blown all out verbal attack on someone..... never.

Kez