Kez/JWolf

Strange thing about locked threads

274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
There's no secret that it's very '####### for tat' lately and then followed by a thread in site discussion as to what's wrong with the site. Why are we always on this merry go round?

I think it's because the tats are allowed to hang around. If there is no tat, there is no need for #######. We go around the merry-go-round because it is never nipped in the bud.

That's where I disagree....just because there is a 'tat', that doesn't justify the '#######'

or vice versa!

But as Tracy coined the phrase 'chicken-egg' or whatever the exact wording is, I think it's a great way to sum it up...if one feels 'ok she attacked me so I can attack back'...well, what if all parties involved feel that same way?

isnt d_brit lisa's man? i dunno i couldve sworn i seen it before post one time. i could be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time :)

lol, nope. my boo's name on here is ddave. He doesn't use his acct all that much. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for my D to be asking me to fill in our timeline :lol:

As to the d_brit comment.....I dunno if that was really a trolling post, but it's a perfect example of the bullsh!t here lately. My timeline has sweet fa to the discussion, but it was pointed out why? Prolly to either deflect the issue to something else, or as a '#######-for-tat' response like 'yer deficient cos you haven't done this'

either way, it's no big shakes to me....so I think we should get back on course to the topic at hand..

Edit: I checked his name and it's ddave!

It would if he was messin with ya :)

ok well, i knew his username was short with a d. :)

Hah, true.

Not only one d but two, LOL.

It's terrible I had to check my friends list for that, but hey.... :blush:

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....just because there is a 'tat', that doesn't justify the '#######'

Maybe not. But after a while, lying down and playing dead just gets really old. Especially if the 'tats' are repeated.

Still doesn't justify it though.

Plus, if someone is goaded into acting like what they claim to loathe, it does that poster a great disservice.

But as Tracy coined the phrase 'chicken-egg' or whatever the exact wording is, I think it's a great way to sum it up...if one feels 'ok she attacked me so I can attack back'...well, what if all parties involved feel that same way?

Yep.

But I still don't see how this thread is about the chicken or the egg debate, but rather, what is prudent for the mods to do after such an event has taken place.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
There's no secret that it's very '####### for tat' lately and then followed by a thread in site discussion as to what's wrong with the site. Why are we always on this merry go round?

I think it's because the tats are allowed to hang around. If there is no tat, there is no need for #######. We go around the merry-go-round because it is never nipped in the bud.

That's where I disagree....just because there is a 'tat', that doesn't justify the '#######'

or vice versa!

I do know that not everyone agrees with it, and I know it may sound somehwat childish, but I absolutely do think it matters "who started it". And yes, people should resist the temptation to engage when they are being baited, for example. But I think it's quite obvious that it usually doesn't go down that way.

I do think this is why we always go around in circles though. There are those who feel, as you do, that anyone who engages in these sorts of flame wars are equally culpable, and there are those, like me, who think that focusing the attention on those who like to instigate said flame wars would do more in the long run.

I was once called passive aggressive for not giving ####### for tat. I think it irritates tatters when you respond with an even-tempered, rational response.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline

Maybe not. But after a while, lying down and playing dead just gets really old. Especially if the 'tats' are repeated.

Plus, if someone is goaded into acting like what they claim to loathe, it does that poster a great disservice.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm talking about human nature.

It's not really 'human nature' to degrade yourself by acting in a childish and vindictive manner.

Really, what is there to be gained from it??? name calling? What value does that hold

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
what do you do if someone bugs you in real life?? do you attack them back or just ignore it??

I really am curious about that... :unsure:

I know everyone says to "be the bigger person" and all that. But I find that extremely difficult. I tend to not let people get away with things in real life.

ETA: Different perspectives. I don't see it as retaliation or revenge. I see it as not letting someone walk all over you.

Edited by jenn3539

I was once called passive aggressive for not giving ####### for tat. I think it irritates tatters when you respond with an even-tempered, rational response.

Ok - now I have to go for Windex and paper towel.................lololol

:whistle:

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline
what do you do if someone bugs you in real life?? do you attack them back or just ignore it??

I really am curious about that... :unsure:

I don't like 'upset'. So I try to keep the peace.

If something is repeated though, eventually I give that person a plateful of it back. After lying down for so long, it usually shocks them so perfectly they pull in their horns on the spot.

It's not really 'human nature' to degrade yourself by acting in a childish and vindictive manner.

Really, what is there to be gained from it??? name calling? What value does that hold

I don't think it's 'degrading', childish' or 'vindictive' to finally hand somebody back a bowlful of the vomit they've been spewing.