5 posts in this topic

3625 Satisfied Customers

Pearl
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your immigration question?
You
Hello,
me and my husband are currently going tru the AOS and received a noid stating: with the intend to deny. They request more proof of evidence. We have many pictures of our relationship and marriage and many friends wrote us letters that have been in our life since the past 5 years and our attorney did not included them exept 10 pictures in the original filling. Our issue is that we do not have many bills together besides rent, health insurance, phone bills, taxes. life has been expensive after the pandemic and we only have one income since the past 3 years, that we have been married. Our current attorney told us, this is a new streamline process and we shouldn't worry but we do.

We are about to submit more evidence (40pages of a powerpoint presentation with about 5 pictures each page of us in the past 5 years till the current date and 40 letters from friends and family including mine and my Husbands)

Anyone has any ideas? 
How many pictures and letters do you submit?

Thanks!

I think you need to provide a lot more info including a timeline before anyone can tell you anything. 

AOS from tourist, work, student visa/VWP - which one? 

When arrived? When met/married? Any overstay or out of status time?

AOS submitted when?

Any unusual circumstances? USC older or beneficiary older? Any difference in religion? Any work unauthorized? Any misrepresentation? Any claim to be a US citizen? 

Do spouses share the same origin country? Which country of origin?

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Vimar said:
Our issue is that we do not have many bills together besides rent, health insurance, phone bills, taxes. life has been expensive after the pandemic and we only have one income since the past 3 years, that we have been married. Our current attorney told us, this is a new streamline process and we shouldn't worry but we do.

We are about to submit more evidence (40pages of a powerpoint presentation with about 5 pictures each page of us in the past 5 years till the current date and 40 letters from friends and family including mine and my Husbands)

Anyone has any ideas? 
How many pictures and letters do you submit?

200 photos and 40 letters seems like a lot, but it will likely not be sufficient because photos and letters are weak evidence.  Focus on gathering high quality evidence.  USCIS is looking for documents to prove that you live together and co-mingle your finances:  both driver's licenses or state IDs showing the same address, joint bank account and credit cards, IRS tax transcripts showing that you filed as married jointly, will, living will, power of attorney, beneficiary on bank accounts, retirement accounts, life insurance.  Do you have health insurance and a rental lease for the last 3 years that shows both your names?  6-8 photos max and a couple of strong letters plus more of the evidence I suggested should be your goal.  Bad advice from your attorney.

Edited by carmel34

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.