J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

219 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Our interview was this past Tuesday, December 19, and was approved on the spot.

Interview was less of an interview and more like 3 questions - over in 3 minutes.

Visa was issued the day after, and shipped today, December 22. 

I have uploaded very detailed comments about the entire NVC and Embassy Experience to the Comments on my timeline.

Could be of help to some of you.

good luck. 

8 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

Interview was less of an interview and more like 3 questions - over in 3 minutes.

I have uploaded very detailed comments about the entire NVC and Embassy Experience to the Comments on my timeline.

good luck. 

Well done. Thanks for sharing the details about your journey. All the best.

37 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

good luck. 

Congratulations! 👏

43 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

good luck. 

Hi, question - in your timeline you wrote "CAEC status was changed from APPLICATION RECEIVED".

Was it changed from the status READY to APPLICATION RECEIVED originally?

Or was there another status before APPLICATION RECEIVED?

First time I see that, normally people always talk about when it's in READY status.

Edited by Gigi3
clarification

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gigi3 said:

Hi, question - in your timeline you wrote "CAEC status was changed from APPLICATION RECEIVED".

Was it changed from the status READY to APPLICATION RECEIVED originally?

Or was there another status before APPLICATION RECEIVED?

First time I see that, normally people always talk about when it's in READY status.

CAEC Status “Application Received” only occurs after your interview at the Embassy. 
The following status will either be “Approved” or Denied - Admin Processing”. 

If “Approved”, the last and final status will be “ISSUED”. 

CAEC Status “Ready” is after your I-129F packet is received my the Embassy and marked in their system. It will remain “Ready” until your interview. 

21 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

CAEC Status “Application Received” only occurs after your interview at the Embassy. 
The following status will either be “Approved” or Denied - Admin Processing”. 

If “Approved”, the last and final status will be “ISSUED”. 

CAEC Status “Ready” is after your I-129F packet is received my the Embassy and marked in their system. It will remain “Ready” until your interview. 

Ok thank you. I am at the READY stage, and just anxiously waiting for any "signs of life" 😂 from the Dominican Embassy

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gigi3 said:

Ok thank you. I am at the READY stage, and just anxiously waiting for any "signs of life" 😂 from the Dominican Embassy

You'll probably be waiting for PKT-3 until after the New Year.

General requirements for PKT-3 are the same from embassy to embassy. Either see if you can find one online for the DR or use the one I posted for Spain on the Embassy Info Page.

I would also start filling out a DS-160 and make a USDOCS account. 

1 hour ago, JaredShadkin said:

General requirements for PKT-3 are the same from embassy to embassy. Either see if you can find one online for the DR or use the one I posted for Spain on the Embassy Info Page.

I completed the DS-160 and paid the fee about a week ago. When I did, I got an email, probably generic one, from them saying I would need to wait the best steps while they review. So just waiting now 😩.

I am in a WhatsApps group for other Dominican Republic Visas and a lot of the interview dates are getting filled for January and February. I am hoping to get response from them soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/22/2023 at 10:32 PM, JaredShadkin said:
On 12/22/2023 at 10:32 PM, JaredShadkin said:

Hey JaredShakin,

How can I create a USDOCS account?

Thanks

Timeline
4 hours ago, M and Mike said:

Go to the USDOCS website: https://www.ustraveldocs.com, and then select the country of where the Visa will be issued. 

From the country specific website, you can create an account from which you will pay and schedule the appointment for your visa.

While you can create an account, you will not be able to proceed with payment or interview scheduling until the CAEC Status Page shows "READY" and you have sent the Embassy a copy of your DS-160 Confirmation page - other requirements vary depending on the Embassy. 

2 hours ago, JaredShadkin said:

Go to the USDOCS website: https://www.ustraveldocs.com, and then select the country of where the Visa will be issued. 

From the country specific website, you can create an account from which you will pay and schedule the appointment for your visa.

While you can create an account, you will not be able to proceed with payment or interview scheduling until the CAEC Status Page shows "READY" and you have sent the Embassy a copy of your DS-160 Confirmation page - other requirements vary depending on the Embassy. 

When I visit the CAEC website, and I enter my case number, I receive an application error. Would you know what this means? I take it may request has not been sent to the US Embassy. 

27 minutes ago, 1journey said:

When I visit the CAEC website, and I enter my case number, I receive an application error. Would you know what this means? I take it may request has not been sent to the US Embassy. 

Are you using the NVC case number? It's not the  USCIS reference. Also you would select Immigrant visa.

Timeline
1 minute ago, 1journey said:

Yes, I am using the NVC case number. There is nowhere to select an Immigrant Visa. https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Although you will immigrate to the US using a K-1 Visa, it is technically categorized as a Non-Immigrant Visa per NVC/CAEC.

Please use CAEC's Non-Immigrant Status Checker: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

6 minutes ago, JaredShadkin said:

Although you will immigrate to the US using a K-1 Visa, it is technically categorized as a Non-Immigrant Visa per NVC/CAEC.

Please use CAEC's Non-Immigrant Status Checker: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I used the Immigrant Visa option and it went through. My status is "Ready".  I have not received anything from the US Embassy. This is the part where it can take 4-6 weeks?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.