Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

452 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

My VJ prediction just came in saying approval could be any day now. Which would be a year early since Vermont still shows 29 months, but hey, I'd take it. I did file for naturalization in April but haven't heard anything besides the 'actively reviewing' status mid May. It will happen when it happens I guess 🙂

When I got that prediction a month ago, it said January 2025, and today it also says any day now! Things might actually be moving fast now. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

How did you request for combo interview? I finally submitted my N 400 application last night. The estimate says 7 months before any interview schedule. I guess, I need to do the combo request, when I hear about the interview? Thanks for your help.

18 minutes ago, Regdkp said:

How did you request for combo interview? I finally submitted my N 400 application last night. The estimate says 7 months before any interview schedule. I guess, I need to do the combo request, when I hear about the interview? Thanks for your help.

No it might be late to request it then. You could have uploaded a letter in evidence section yesterday as you were submitting the N-400. I recommend writing the letter and uploading as soon as possible. The sooner USCIS is aware, the better, so they can prepare for combo.

14 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

My prediction is back to November. So much for any day now 😅

They're hitting late August- start of September now, so we're getting there!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, A110 said:

If you are in YSC So many cases are getting adjusted. 

2 hours ago, Sweetdreaming said:

They're hitting late August- start of September now, so we're getting there!

I'm at the Vermont office. It's at 26 months processing times right now.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I had my N-400 interview yesterday (while having a pending I-751). My husband was not allowed in, so I had the interview alone. 

The IO stated that he didn't have evidence and showed me stuff from my K1, despite having sent lot of evidence of bonafide marriage for both applications. Luckily I brought evidence with me and gave it to him. He said that he approved that it is a bonafide marriage.

I passed civics and English, the IO handed me the document saying I passed but a decision cannot be made yet. 

He said that someone else is working on my I-751 and it would be done by the end of the day, then I'll get my oath scheduled. 

Nothing changed on my status so far, did anyone have a similar experience?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

11 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

I had my N-400 interview yesterday (while having a pending I-751). My husband was not allowed in, so I had the interview alone. 

The IO stated that he didn't have evidence and showed me stuff from my K1, despite having sent lot of evidence of bonafide marriage for both applications. Luckily I brought evidence with me and gave it to him. He said that he approved that it is a bonafide marriage.

I passed civics and English, the IO handed me the document saying I passed but a decision cannot be made yet. 

He said that someone else is working on my I-751 and it would be done by the end of the day, then I'll get my oath scheduled. 

Nothing changed on my status so far, did anyone have a similar experience?

Yes, people have it all the time. Nothing to worry about. Good that you had additional evidence with you. I bet he anticipated you being caught by surprise, but you were well prepared. Most likely, he either cannot approve the case himself (not enough experience) or it's to do with country of origin (unfortunately, USCIS has elevated bar for certain applicants).

You'll probably hear from them in the next few weeks or month. If not, you can sue for decision after 120 days since the interview.

Congratulations, you're almost there!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, people have it all the time. Nothing to worry about. Good that you had additional evidence with you. I bet he anticipated you being caught by surprise, but you were well prepared. Most likely, he either cannot approve the case himself (not enough experience) or it's to do with country of origin (unfortunately, USCIS has elevated bar for certain applicants).

You'll probably hear from them in the next few weeks or month. If not, you can sue for decision after 120 days since the interview.

Congratulations, you're almost there!

Thanks for your reply, my experience was definitely not pleasant like my AOS interview. I'm trying to stay positive 

AOS from K1

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

33 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

Thanks for your reply, my experience was definitely not pleasant like my AOS interview. I'm trying to stay positive 

As one lawyer says, N-400 is the last chance USCIS has to deport somebody, so sometimes they put a lot of effort reviewing entire immigration history before approving petition. I'm positive you'll hear good news soon!

Edited by OldUser

Timeline

I just got my oath ceremony scheduled 🥳

This journey finally comes to an end, thanks everyone for your help and support and the best of luck for those still waiting 🤗

AOS from K1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Received this update on the USCIS Website, the ROC Package was received 9 Nov 2022. There was no new Biometrics or Interview.

August 9, 2024

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 9, 2024, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number YSC##########, and will mail it to the address you gave us. 

Edited by Adamsdaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.