MCOBAQ

Uploading Relationship Evidence

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So we sent in our I-485/I-765/I-131 packet back in May, and my husband completed his biometrics at the Orlando, FL field office in July, receiving his EAD shortly after that. Now we’re in this endless wait for something to happen. Yet I’ve seen some other K1 couples go straight to green card seemingly in 4 months without even an interview. 

Here’s my question: had anyone tried uploading evidence of their relationship (beyond what was required with the AOS packet) after the packet was sent off and did this make any difference in the progression of the case? I’m thinking I could upload wedding photos now that we have them, joint bank account statements, insurance policy docs, etc. Appreciate any constructive thoughts. Thanks!

Upload where?

The petitions you mentioned are paper filled applications.

Processing times for I485 are based on your LFO Processing times. 

Are you comparing your timeline to only others who are being processed at YOUR LFO?

Comparing yourself to anyone else who isn't at your LFO is a fruitless endeavor. 

What's the processing times for I485 at your LFO on the website?

Have you surpassed the normal wait and are you eligible to place an outside of normal processing times request?

If so, do that. 

If not, not much you can do. 

PS. Getting the GC is really just a novelty. 

You can do everything that a K1 in AOS processing can do with a GC anyways if you have EAD and AP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
48 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Upload where?

The petitions you mentioned are paper filled applications.

AOS applicants can upload additional documents and RFE replies to their USCIS accounts for quite a while now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Exactly - the online account is where I would upload the additional documents. We are coming up on the time when we would expect to have an interview per the processing times for our local field office here on VJ, but we’re nowhere near the anticipated processing time for the same office on the USCIS website. So it’s not like I can send an inquiry to them just yet…I was just wondering if submitting the relationship evidence at this stage might prompt some action and maybe get us through without an interview. There’s more and more anecdotal evidence of them bypassing interviews for K1 AOS cases in order to catch up on their backlog - so I don’t think I’m grasping at straws here. 
Yes, he has his EAD but not the AP - earliest estimate for the AP is January, per VJ. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, MCOBAQ said:

Exactly - the online account is where I would upload the additional documents. We are coming up on the time when we would expect to have an interview per the processing times for our local field office here on VJ, but we’re nowhere near the anticipated processing time for the same office on the USCIS website. So it’s not like I can send an inquiry to them just yet…I was just wondering if submitting the relationship evidence at this stage might prompt some action and maybe get us through without an interview. There’s more and more anecdotal evidence of them bypassing interviews for K1 AOS cases in order to catch up on their backlog - so I don’t think I’m grasping at straws here. 
Yes, he has his EAD but not the AP - earliest estimate for the AP is January, per VJ. 

And yet it's still anecdotal. You can upload but don't get your hopes up too high.

1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

AOS applicants can upload additional documents and RFE replies to their USCIS accounts for quite a while now.

RFE replies are only upload eligible if the petition was online filed. 

Having an online account doesn't change that. 

Same with additional documents.

While you are able to, that doesn't mean you are eligible to. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

RFE replies are only upload eligible if the petition was online filed. 

Having an online account doesn't change that. 

Same with additional documents.

While you are able to, that doesn't mean you are eligible to. 

People have done it successfully already. You can like it or not but it's possible now 😉

Edited by Letspaintcookies

2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

People have done it successfully already. You can like it or not but it's possible now 😉

My question is will uploading additional documents slow down the process?

What is the harm in uploading documents as your marriage evolves? 

Or why dump all the documents at once at the interview?

For example, what is the harm to upload say the joint bank account info as you create one? And couple of weeks later upload joint electric bill? Or even upload the joint tax return come April?

You can still take all the documents to the interview for an evidence dump. But at least the USCIS can expect what is already uploaded?

Anyone who has uploaded not just for RFE can chime in?

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

My question is will uploading additional documents slow down the process?

What is the harm in uploading documents as your marriage evolves? 

Or why dump all the documents at once at the interview?

For example, what is the harm to upload say the joint bank account info as you create one? And couple of weeks later upload joint electric bill? Or even upload the joint tax return come April?

You can still take all the documents to the interview for an evidence dump. But at least the USCIS can expect what is already uploaded?

Anyone who has uploaded not just for RFE can chime in?

I personally would refrain from uploading or changing anything. The best case is it is likely to change nothing. The worst case is since something changed they get confused or reset you in the queue of people.

Take any new information with you to the interview so if the agent has any questions you can answer and show documents as proof.

I know the waiting is hard but that's really all you can do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Rule of thumb is to never send/ upload unsolicited evidence. As others have pointed, best case scenario is that it doesn't change a thing, but if it does, it might be for the worst.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.