Justkeepswimming

Employer has asked me to get a 1-94A??

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Justkeepswimming said:

My employer has asked me to get a 1-94A. 

I've lived here for 4 years, I'm a permanent resident who is removing conditions. I showed them my temporary green card stamp and I-797 notice of action at time of hire. Are they overstepping the mark? 

1. When does your 24 month extension letter  expire?

2. Is your social security card expired?

3. Do you have valid state ID and DL?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

from previous posts appears u asked for time off (vacation or leave) to return to UK for a custody hearing in  2021 and for some reason ,  the employer is asking for I 94a    as they may have reason to believe u did not travel for this purpose?????

What is an I 94A?

Form I-94 is the DHS Arrival/Departure Record issued to aliens who are admitted to the U.S., who are adjusting status while in the U.S

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

from previous posts appears u asked for time off (vacation or leave) to return to UK for a custody hearing in  2021 and for some reason ,  the employer is asking for I 94a    as they may have reason to believe u did not travel for this purpose?????

What is an I 94A?

Form I-94 is the DHS Arrival/Departure Record issued to aliens who are admitted to the U.S., who are adjusting status while in the U.S

No, this is a different job. They said they need extra clarification I am a permanent resident. 

An I94A appears to be a travel entry document. It makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

1. When does your 24 month extension letter  expire?

2. Is your social security card expired?

3. Do you have valid state ID and DL?

My extension letter expires 2024. My social security card is still valid. I have valid state ID and DL. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Justkeepswimming said:

My extension letter expires 2024. My social security card is still valid. I have valid state ID and DL. 

In 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/776528-waiting-on-interview-to-remove-conditions-can-i-renew-my-i551-stamp/

you said you filed I-751 in 2020. Therefore it is impossible for your  24 month extension letter to expire in 2024, unless you filed I-751 early due to a waiver. 

1. What is the expiration date of your gc?

2. What was the date you started work at this job?

Edited by Mike E

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It is illegal for your employer to demand another I-9 document at this time. 

Sorry I didn’t ask you the right question. My fault.  

Let me try again.  Is your social security card restricted or unrestricted? 

good.  

My SS card is unrestricted. I figured it was illegal! Where do I go from here? They said they need the document ASAP or I can't work here. I'm hired by a school district as a teacher. 

Timeline
Just now, Justkeepswimming said:

My SS card is unrestricted. I figured it was illegal! Where do I go from here? They said they need the document ASAP or I can't work here. I'm hired by a school district as a teacher. 

You refuse the request. You instead fill out a new I-9 with your state ID and your SS card as your documents.  

If they fire you, you can sue and you will win handily. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/776528-waiting-on-interview-to-remove-conditions-can-i-renew-my-i551-stamp/?do=findComment&comment=10599215

says uscis  took your gc. I am quite confused by your actual status. 

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/776528-waiting-on-interview-to-remove-conditions-can-i-renew-my-i551-stamp/

you said you filed I-751 in 2020. Therefore it is impossible for your  24 month extension letter to expire in 2024, unless you filed I-751 early due to a waiver. 

1. What is the expiration date of your gc?

2. What was the date you started work at this job?

Sorry I meant extension expires 2023. 

The expiration date of my green card was 2021 

I started working September of this year. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you need a teaching job, they are hurting so bad here in Nevada, they will hire you no questions asked. and they just bumped the pay, and are offering bonuses. Its a failing school system, but get in make some money, and bail out when it collapses. You will get to check out Las Vegas,NV as a nice bonus.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

I think employers should be able to verify your immigration status on the everify portal

Not sure why they are asking you for additional documentation. You are supposed to fill out the I9 paperwork and they are supposed to verify

Also not sure what you told them during your interview. I think you gave them info that they are using improperly.

https://www.e-verify.gov/

For more information about discrimination during the Form I-9 process, contact IER’s employer hotline at 800-255-8155 (TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing: 800-237-2515) or visit their website at justice.gov/ier.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/130-some-questions-you-may-have-about-form-i-9

Edited by Lemonslice

7 hours ago, randy32 said:

I think employers should be able to verify your immigration status on the everify portal

Not sure why they are asking you for additional documentation. You are supposed to fill out the I9 paperwork and they are supposed to verify

Also not sure what you told them during your interview. I think you gave them info that they are using improperly.

https://www.e-verify.gov/

At time of hire they gave me a list of acceptable documents which I did. I showed them the stamp in my passport and letter from USCIS which explains why I have a temporary stamp and not a green card (removing conditions). They contacted me 3 times asking for proper documentation to which I kept replying that was the proper documentation and that they were stated on the list. Now two months later after being hired they are coming at me again asking for additional documentation. 

16 hours ago, Mike E said:

You refuse the request. You instead fill out a new I-9 with your state ID and your SS card as your documents.  

If they fire you, you can sue and you will win handily. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/776528-waiting-on-interview-to-remove-conditions-can-i-renew-my-i551-stamp/?do=findComment&comment=10599215

says uscis  took your gc. I am quite confused by your actual status. 

When I was hired I showed my driving license which was on the list and they asked for immigration documents instead. 

Yes, USCIS took my green card. They took it when I went for the USCIS appointment to get the i551 stamp in my passport after my green card had expired and I needed the stamp to renew my driver's license. I was not allowed to keep the expired green card and have the stamp in my passport at the same time. So now when I travel I have to show the stamp and notice of action as back up when I re-enter the USA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.