USResidentTNHolde

How long does the actualy green card take to arrive?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, USResidentTNHolde said:

My interview was in early august and I received my passport back with the visa in it a few days later. Came back to the US with it and have been waiting for the actual green card to arrive in the mail ever since. Is it normal to not have received it 10+ weeks later?

Have you already paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee of $220?

3 hours ago, USResidentTNHolde said:

My interview was in early august and I received my passport back with the visa in it a few days later. Came back to the US with it and have been waiting for the actual green card to arrive in the mail ever since. Is it normal to not have received it 10+ weeks later?

They’re moving really fast nowadays, mine arrived in less than a month.

6 minutes ago, USResidentTNHolde said:

Hmm I wonder why mine still hasn't arrived then. Do you mind me asking where you received it?

Really hope it didn't get lost in the mail.

It arrived in California. If you haven’t received a tracking number on your USCIS portal it wouldn’t be lost in the mail. After immigrant fee payment received > In production > Mailed out > USPS has picked up your card > Delivered

Edited by throwitaway

2 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

It arrived in California. If you haven’t received a tracking number on your USCIS portal it wouldn’t be lost in the mail. After immigrant fee payment received > In production > Mailed out > USPS has picked up your card > Delivered

Thanks! I was wondering what the case status progression was.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, USResidentTNHolde said:

Is it normal to not have received it 10+ weeks later?

I and some others in the tracking thread below had to wait 120+ days before our plastic GC was delivered.  Check the latest posts for recent timelines --

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question about tracking case status on USCIS - I paid the immigrant fee and wanted to add the case to my account on USCIS website. When it asked for the receipt number, I was able to find that number from the payment confimration email (IOE). It is also asking for the online access code (OAC), but I cannot locate that anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, cantous said:

Question about tracking case status on USCIS - I paid the immigrant fee and wanted to add the case to my account on USCIS website. When it asked for the receipt number, I was able to find that number from the payment confimration email (IOE). It is also asking for the online access code (OAC), but I cannot locate that anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks in advance!

From my recollection, I didn't use the IOE to link my case. It asked me for an alien registration number and another number on my visa. From there it asked me to answer some questions using data they already had on file like address, DOB, etc.

The portal does like the IOE receipt number now though, above the status.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems to depend which of the 2 approved vendors is printing the GC.  Ours took 177 days I think?  I sent an inquiry after 90 days through MyUSCIS to find out.  Others receive them straight away.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.