ML834

Is the "WAC" number the one needed on the DS-160?

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am trying to put this in the Dominican Republic K1 area. I hope this is ok. I apologize in advance if I am wrong. I put this as a comment in the thread I'm about to refer to but then thought I should make a stand-alone post.

I just got NOA2 (Yay!!). I read a post saying that for the Dominican Republic I do NOT need to wait for an NVC number to do the DS-160. (Exciting!! I hope this is right!)

On the DS-160 it says to put in the application receipt/petition number. I have an "A" number but I only have ONE number that starts with three digits like the "help" bar says. It is the "WAC" number I've been using to track our petition the whole way along. Is this the one? I thought I'd have to put in her "A" number somewhere.

Thank you in advance!

WAC Question.JPG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

You're correct, the DS-160 is asking for your WAC number. Congratulations on your NOA2!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

I had no idea that you could do this! Wow, let me get started on this tonight. Can you tell me how it went for you?

I got THIS close to scheduling..aaaand is this NVC number box? I might have to wait for it after all if so 😕

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Jamie and Richard said:

I had no idea that you could do this! Wow, let me get started on this tonight. Can you tell me how it went for you?

I just uploaded a new post with info. We weren't able to schedule. Probably another few weeks!

14 hours ago, ML834 said:

I got THIS close to scheduling..aaaand is this NVC number box? I might have to wait for it after all if so 😕

Capture.JPG

I just uploaded a new post with info. We weren't able to schedule. Probably another few weeks!

That happened to me last night too. I guess you can’t schedule until you get your letter from nvc. I tried paying for the visa last night too but couldn’t find anywhere to pay. Does that have to be done at the bank or did I miss something?

14 hours ago, ML834 said:

You can submit the DS-160 without the NVC case number, but you cannot schedule the visa interview without it.

12 hours ago, Jamie and Richard said:

That happened to me last night too. I guess you can’t schedule until you get your letter from nvc. I tried paying for the visa last night too but couldn’t find anywhere to pay. Does that have to be done at the bank or did I miss something?

I don't know. I have the same question!

11 hours ago, Chancy said:

You can submit the DS-160 without the NVC case number, but you cannot schedule the visa interview without it.

You're rigt.

The post I was following and linked above said I could schedule it and that the person who wrote it scheduled their interview within 2 days. I was cautiously excited. I haven't heard back from that poster. Is this something I could ask admin to step in and correct so others aren't led down a path of false hope?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Good to know. So it's been 26 days since NVC received our petition so we would like to get started on the DS-160. I heard that the DS-160 is good for 30 days and that we can stop and finish later because our information is saved. Looking forward to getting our case number 😊😊😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 10:27 PM, ML834 said:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to put this in the Dominican Republic K1 area. I hope this is ok. I apologize in advance if I am wrong. I put this as a comment in the thread I'm about to refer to but then thought I should make a stand-alone post.

I just got NOA2 (Yay!!). I read a post saying that for the Dominican Republic I do NOT need to wait for an NVC number to do the DS-160. (Exciting!! I hope this is right!)

On the DS-160 it says to put in the application receipt/petition number. I have an "A" number but I only have ONE number that starts with three digits like the "help" bar says. It is the "WAC" number I've been using to track our petition the whole way along. Is this the one? I thought I'd have to put in her "A" number somewhere.

Thank you in advance!

WAC Question.JPG

Would you mind sharing the dates avaliable for interviews in the Dominican embassy? I'm trying to figure out how long will it takes from NOA2 to interview in the DR.

22 minutes ago, JuniorBatista said:

Would you mind sharing the dates avaliable for interviews in the Dominican embassy? I'm trying to figure out how long will it takes from NOA2 to interview in the DR.

We won’t be able to see available dates until the NVC issues a case number and the embassy lets us know when the case is ready. 
It would help to fill out your timeline so that you can closely compare your timeline with other Dominican filers and be notified of updates.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, Chancy said:

Hello I have received nvc case number and my case is listed as ready for interview but I have not received instructions from the embassy to schedule an interview, it does let me pay fees but it asks if I have be notified to complete the scheduling process, should I continue and schedule?

19 hours ago, Rachel2233 said:

Hello I have received nvc case number and my case is listed as ready for interview but I have not received instructions from the embassy to schedule an interview, it does let me pay fees but it asks if I have be notified to complete the scheduling process, should I continue and schedule?

When did you receive your case number? Can you fill out your timeline? Hard to assist without any details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.