Dashinka

Election 2022

370 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Democrats Are Already Telling Americans To Expect Delayed Election Results This Fall

Democrats throughout the political and corporate media spheres are attempting to normalize delayed election results in highly contested states ahead of Election Day, forecasting that final vote totals might not be fully known until well after Nov. 8.  [...]

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/20/democrats-are-already-telling-americans-to-expect-delayed-election-results-this-fall/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Democrats Are Already Telling Americans To Expect Delayed Election Results This Fall

Democrats throughout the political and corporate media spheres are attempting to normalize delayed election results in highly contested states ahead of Election Day, forecasting that final vote totals might not be fully known until well after Nov. 8.  [...]

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/20/democrats-are-already-telling-americans-to-expect-delayed-election-results-this-fall/

Hmm, so these two seem to be in contradiction (see bold below).  I guess the PA Secretary of State can pick and choose which laws she will comply with.

During a Zoom call with reporters last week, Pennsylvania’s acting secretary of state, Leigh Chapman, said that Americans should not be surprised if the state doesn’t have final election results on election night this November, with the Pennsylvania Democrat blaming any potential delays in vote tabulations on a state law that says election workers can’t begin processing mail-in ballots until Election Day.

Most recently, the U.S. Supreme Court tossed out a lower court ruling that had allowed undated mail-in ballots to be counted, which is a violation of Pennsylvania law. Despite such statutory obligations and the high court’s ruling, Chapman decided to take matters into her own hands and flat-out told counties in the commonwealth that they didn’t need to comply with the ruling. The statement from Chapman has since prompted a lawsuit from the Republican National Committee and other GOP groups.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
22 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

There are differences between Mexican and all other Latin American fare -- Mexican food is spicy, and elsewhere it's not.

Not to mention that very few of these illegals are from Mexico.  They are from all OVER the world.  It's easy to get from Africa to Mexico, and thence to the US for example.

And now they are increasing the trek across the Northern border, coming in from Canada.  Biden has opened a pandora's box that I am afraid only heavily-armed forces at both borders can ever hope to slow.

Other locales from whence they are pouring:

Nicaragua

Brazil

Philippines

Venezuela

Sri Lanka

Haiti

Ukraine

Romania

Congo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

NPR, so not likely to overstate, said that there have been interactions with people from 140 countries in the last year, easier to list the ones not involved.

I used to be surprised by the number of Indians taking that route, assume it is easy for Indians to get to Mexico.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Boiler said:

NPR, so not likely to overstate, said that there have been interactions with people from 140 countries in the last year, easier to list the ones not involved.

I used to be surprised by the number of Indians taking that route, assume it is easy for Indians to get to Mexico.

Russians as well.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

I am somewhat confused, they expect people to vote for this?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 10/19/2022 at 2:24 PM, yuna628 said:

Well moving out from Baltimore, and your options aren't much better, which is what I'm saying. Crime, drugs, homelessness isn't a Baltimore specific thing that's only confined to it's borders. It's out there, and it's bad in even red counties.

Yeah, ok... lets talk about that. My wife just got her visa several months ago (we applied when Trump was still President, during the pandemic, when the economy was still very good despite the pandemic) and now we're faced with this ####### - higher prices for everything, higher cost to buy a home, higher cost of living...this is awful. But my biggest concern - my beautiful 10 year old daughter - in just a few short years, maybe even less, she'll be at an age where she'll be susceptible to peer pressure and for sure will have girlfriends or boyfriends that will try to pressure her into using drugs....and these are definitely not the drugs of my time...those pale in comparison.....but fentanyl, etc ....all the ones that are being brought across the border everyday, all day ... this is a problem your President doesn't even seem to address, and with the help of the media, it goes completely unnoticed. So please, don't give me that "it's bad in red counties too" #######, it's bad because there is no border control and it's allowing all these drugs to flow freely in through the southern border and spread all across the nation. 

11 hours ago, PGA said:

Yeah, ok... lets talk about that. My wife just got her visa several months ago (we applied when Trump was still President, during the pandemic, when the economy was still very good despite the pandemic) and now we're faced with this ####### - higher prices for everything, higher cost to buy a home, higher cost of living...this is awful. But my biggest concern - my beautiful 10 year old daughter - in just a few short years, maybe even less, she'll be at an age where she'll be susceptible to peer pressure and for sure will have girlfriends or boyfriends that will try to pressure her into using drugs....and these are definitely not the drugs of my time...those pale in comparison.....but fentanyl, etc ....all the ones that are being brought across the border everyday, all day ... this is a problem your President doesn't even seem to address, and with the help of the media, it goes completely unnoticed. So please, don't give me that "it's bad in red counties too" #######, it's bad because there is no border control and it's allowing all these drugs to flow freely in through the southern border and spread all across the nation. 

I've lived in a red county for many many years. It is, without a doubt, bad here. With some of the highest drug usage and homelessness in the entire state, and a crime level that is skyrocketing. Everyone knows it's bad. Everyone. It doesn't matter what side you're on - we all agree. I was born and raised in Baltimore, I have seen things there, BUT I have never seen some of the things in this county that happen on a daily basis back home. It has the highest rate of crime compared to surrounding counties. We have local county ads running that advise residents to receive training on how to administer NARCAN. A child has been murdered on my block, people's homes have been shot at, robbery and rape is increasing. In the past five months, I've had to call the police multiple times to remove strung out individuals near death in the middle of the highway. Methadone clinics run up and down or you can buy endless CBD, or probably the legal weed once that amendment passes. Or how about the guy that was on a street corner, then running into traffic with a knife and a hammer, bashing cars in because he's mad he's been made to register as a sex offender and is banned from the liquor store? How about the kid that was kidnapped out of school, raped in the woods, and then told by a judge that he didn't want to ruin her rapist life? The father that murdered his entire family? The immigrant motel owners that were hacked to death. The long lists of ODs and suicides. My vet that saved the life of a dog that ate a baggy containing a mix of drugs with fentanyl. The mayor that is embezzling money. Squeegee boys? We got 'em, except they are typically men that slash your tires. The used needles in the park and the sex offenders that hang out by the playground. The people that do drug deals outside of the local jail. This week we had multiple robberies in my neighborhood committed by a 15 year old, after assaulting his grandmom and killing his cat.. but his drug addict momma wants people to not be mad at her sweet baby that she doesn't actually raise, that is still on the run and nearly ran over children during a high speed chase. Last week took the cake though. There's a gang of gypsy buskers that are fake playing violins while their buddies steal catalytics, but there was the dude just standing on one street corner wearing a 'cloak' , growling, and holding a lengthy manifesto on cardboard about how he enjoys Satan raping people. That was new, might even be refreshing for this town if he didn't look like he was just going to kill someone at any minute! Some people think that life is just fine out in the county, well no one here thinks that at all. My President? He's everyone's president. The problems started in this town long before him and will still be going well after him. Drugs will continue to pour in because Americans desire them. I wish they didn't desire them, but we are pretty messed up these days.  There are some people that think all the problems in the inner cities will never reach them, well it's just not true.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

This deserves a longer reply than I have time for, but I agree with the general sentiment. A society has been created, not just one thing, multiple things that individually could seem to be harmless, or even helpful, but aggregated produce a horrible result.

And no I can not see any change in the overall trend.

Timeline
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

I've lived in a red county for many many years. It is, without a doubt, bad here. With some of the highest drug usage and homelessness in the entire state, and a crime level that is skyrocketing. Everyone knows it's bad. Everyone. It doesn't matter what side you're on - we all agree. I was born and raised in Baltimore, I have seen things there, BUT I have never seen some of the things in this county that happen on a daily basis back home. It has the highest rate of crime compared to surrounding counties. We have local county ads running that advise residents to receive training on how to administer NARCAN. A child has been murdered on my block, people's homes have been shot at, robbery and rape is increasing. In the past five months, I've had to call the police multiple times to remove strung out individuals near death in the middle of the highway. Methadone clinics run up and down or you can buy endless CBD, or probably the legal weed once that amendment passes. Or how about the guy that was on a street corner, then running into traffic with a knife and a hammer, bashing cars in because he's mad he's been made to register as a sex offender and is banned from the liquor store? How about the kid that was kidnapped out of school, raped in the woods, and then told by a judge that he didn't want to ruin her rapist life? The father that murdered his entire family? The immigrant motel owners that were hacked to death. The long lists of ODs and suicides. My vet that saved the life of a dog that ate a baggy containing a mix of drugs with fentanyl. The mayor that is embezzling money. Squeegee boys? We got 'em, except they are typically men that slash your tires. The used needles in the park and the sex offenders that hang out by the playground. The people that do drug deals outside of the local jail. This week we had multiple robberies in my neighborhood committed by a 15 year old, after assaulting his grandmom and killing his cat.. but his drug addict momma wants people to not be mad at her sweet baby that she doesn't actually raise, that is still on the run and nearly ran over children during a high speed chase. Last week took the cake though. There's a gang of gypsy buskers that are fake playing violins while their buddies steal catalytics, but there was the dude just standing on one street corner wearing a 'cloak' , growling, and holding a lengthy manifesto on cardboard about how he enjoys Satan raping people. That was new, might even be refreshing for this town if he didn't look like he was just going to kill someone at any minute! Some people think that life is just fine out in the county, well no one here thinks that at all. My President? He's everyone's president. The problems started in this town long before him and will still be going well after him. Drugs will continue to pour in because Americans desire them. I wish they didn't desire them, but we are pretty messed up these days.  There are some people that think all the problems in the inner cities will never reach them, well it's just not true.

I understand your point that there are many places like yours, red and blue, but I can't see staying where you are regardless of politics or job.  If I had to deal with that, I'd have been gone YEARS ago.  I mean, there's only about 15 cities in America worse than that.  That means there are hundreds of millions that are better.  And probably at least a hundred thousand that are WAY better.

The worst thing I have to deal with is traffic during work hours, and the panhandlers from time to time.  I don't see any homeless (unless I go deep downtown), my sidewalks are wide and CLEAN (not like the disgusting filth that one walks on in NYC).  There is no job in the world worth having to live like that.  I haven't seen a druggie in my area since I moved here. (I'm sure they exist, but it must be on a very low level).  No prostitution.  Car wrecks are about the worst thing that happen regularly, because everyone seems to be in a rush to get to the next stoplight.  

I honestly do not understand how you can stand it.  More power to ya, I think you may need it!

Timeline
5 hours ago, yuna628 said:

It is, without a doubt, bad here.

Agree with LIB that you and hubby should relocate, toot-sweet, Y ma'am.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

5 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

I understand your point that there are many places like yours, red and blue, but I can't see staying where you are regardless of politics or job.  If I had to deal with that, I'd have been gone YEARS ago.  I mean, there's only about 15 cities in America worse than that.  That means there are hundreds of millions that are better.  And probably at least a hundred thousand that are WAY better.

The worst thing I have to deal with is traffic during work hours, and the panhandlers from time to time.  I don't see any homeless (unless I go deep downtown), my sidewalks are wide and CLEAN (not like the disgusting filth that one walks on in NYC).  There is no job in the world worth having to live like that.  I haven't seen a druggie in my area since I moved here. (I'm sure they exist, but it must be on a very low level).  No prostitution.  Car wrecks are about the worst thing that happen regularly, because everyone seems to be in a rush to get to the next stoplight.  

I honestly do not understand how you can stand it.  More power to ya, I think you may need it!

My family moved here from the city to what they thought was going to be a safe place. Like most things they never thought it through, thought about the money, getting older, or even the future. Things were okay here for a couple of years before going downhill. Changed so rapidly... and now it's a dump. I try and look at the bright side - I see horses, deer, and tons of wildlife every day, and hike to get away from the crazy people. Our property value has shot up so if I could ever convince them to sell this place (probably not realistic)... the thing is really, my family is old and I'm all that's left to care for them. And they need that care daily. Dad's fragile, mom is fighting me on a cancer diagnosis...  my husband and I have made a little life for ourselves, and he has a great job. Leaving here right now just isn't in the cards. Even when we planned for it, something always spoiled it. There are good people here, but a lot have left.

2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Agree with LIB that you and hubby should relocate, toot-sweet, Y ma'am.

We'd love to, unfortunately other things would have to change. They caught the thief today at least. I'm sure he'll be back out again soon.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

My family moved here from the city to what they thought was going to be a safe place. Like most things they never thought it through, thought about the money, getting older, or even the future. Things were okay here for a couple of years before going downhill. Changed so rapidly... and now it's a dump. I try and look at the bright side - I see horses, deer, and tons of wildlife every day, and hike to get away from the crazy people. Our property value has shot up so if I could ever convince them to sell this place (probably not realistic)... the thing is really, my family is old and I'm all that's left to care for them. And they need that care daily. Dad's fragile, mom is fighting me on a cancer diagnosis...  my husband and I have made a little life for ourselves, and he has a great job. Leaving here right now just isn't in the cards. Even when we planned for it, something always spoiled it. There are good people here, but a lot have left.

We'd love to, unfortunately other things would have to change. They caught the thief today at least. I'm sure he'll be back out again soon.

I certainly understand making sacrifices for family.  Tough call, for sure.  I hate it that you have to suffer thru the (bigly) bad stuff to enjoy a few nice things.  As I mentioned before, TN is nice.  Or NC (the area around Ashville,  not the coastal areas). Less harsh winters than you have, nice summers, no real natural disasters minus the occasional thunderstorm.

Stay safe up there.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, yuna628 said:

my family is old and I'm all that's left to care for them

This is a completely understandable and also a noble burden, hats off to you Y ma'am.