42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

More visits and time spent together in person for a successful spousal visa with the beneficiary in Nigeria.  Also the beneficiary should carefully check any previous US visa applications to make sure there were no issues that could be perceived as misrepresentation such as stating married to try and get a B2 visa.

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Recommend you spend some significant time reflecting on why he may have been denied.  Maybe the red flags may be overcome with more time spent together, for example?

Yessss bec we just met onces got engaged but so far we have met twice n took a trip to dubai n we are going to spain in april...thanks alot

31 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Since you married shortly after the interview, there is really only one option now and even if the I129F had not been returned to USCIS, it, the K1, would have been denied.  I assume you got married in person and not through an online service (i.e. Utah Zoom weddings), so now you can focus on the I130 spousal visa process, and I would recommend you visit as much as you can while the I130 process is in motion.

Good Luck!

Awww thanks we got married in person met twice now n we just came from dubai...we will b traveling again soon....thanks

10 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

More visits and time spent together in person for a successful spousal visa with the beneficiary in Nigeria.  Also the beneficiary should carefully check any previous US visa applications to make sure there were no issues that could be perceived as misrepresentation such as stating married to try and get a B2 visa.

Yes he has never applied for a visa before I made him to get his first passport before the k1 process started....thanks alot for ur contributions....I apreciate 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kelo carter said:

Awww thanks we got married in person met twice now n we just came from dubai...we will b traveling again soon....thanks

It sounds like you are on the right path for a successful spousal visa.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Wow, I guess Lagos really is a difficult Embassy! Sorry for those who go all this way just to be denied. It's awful and unfair, I'm sure. 

However, people are constantly being approved and have only meet once, many have crazy age gaps of 20+ years, others are only asked 3 questions at their interviews, some don't even have their paperwork examined, I've even heard someone say that the consular asked them "what kind of meat do you have in your refrigerator? "... WHAT DA!!! 😂 

All I can testify is that EVERY situation is case by case! I was stressed to the point of feeling sick that we were going to get an RFE because so many others did when we also were guilty of the same things that caused them to get an RFE but guess what? We never got an RFE

One size does NOT fit all! At the end of the day, it depends on the person we come in contact with and their good or bad attitude and the good graces of God. 

Best wishes to all. Looking forward to completing this dreadfully, long process and being with my honey pie chocolate drop ❤️❤️❤️❤️

8 minutes ago, RamiZest said:

Wow, I guess Lagos really is a difficult Embassy! Sorry for those who go all this way just to be denied. It's awful and unfair, I'm sure. 

However, people are constantly being approved and have only meet once, many have crazy age gaps of 20+ years, others are only asked 3 questions at their interviews, some don't even have their paperwork examined, I've even heard someone say that the consular asked them "what kind of meat do you have in your refrigerator? "... WHAT DA!!! 😂 

All I can testify is that EVERY situation is case by case! I was stressed to the point of feeling sick that we were going to get an RFE because so many others did when we also were guilty of the same things that caused them to get an RFE but guess what? We never got an RFE

One size does NOT fit all! At the end of the day, it depends on the person we come in contact with and their good or bad attitude and the good graces of God. 

Best wishes to all. Looking forward to completing this dreadfully, long process and being with my honey pie chocolate drop ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yeabi know it was very hard on us but we got over it....once she asked my husband how many times we met n he said just onces  she was like just onces that's where she looked puzzle so that's the only thing we can figure was wrong....we both have no kids we never bn married before...we both same age...after we got married I also wrote them to cancel the k1 bec we got married so maybe that's y they said it expired....but thanks for contribution...I apreciate...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
13 hours ago, Timona said:

You need to seriously sit down and have a talk with your fiance. There's something he isn't telling you and unless you sort that out, your CR-1 will be another bullet lost. 

We see another of cases here from Lagos where beneficiary thinks he'll outsmart Emabsay, blindsides USC and continues to blindside even after denial at embassy. 

So best bet, dig into this, lest you waste another time and money. 

No one wants to hear this but sincerely, Timona, you are right. People come here with questions and concerns but if you don't give them the answer they like, they will pretend that everything is suddenly OK and that they have it already figured out. Something seems very strange but hey who am I. I'm just a nobody! 

17 minutes ago, RamiZest said:

No one wants to hear this but sincerely, Timona, you are right. People come here with questions and concerns but if you don't give them the answer they like, they will pretend that everything is suddenly OK and that they have it already figured out. Something seems very strange but hey who am I. I'm just a nobody! 

Nothing strange I told u everything ther is the first passport my husband ever got to apply was me that encourage him to get it....in th3 letter it said it expires bec I wrote to tell them to cancel it bec we git married....we only met onces same week got married I stayed with him for 2 weeks not like a month so she didn't blv it was a real realishiship that's all dear...my husband was even asked more thn 7 questions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, RamiZest said:

Wow, I guess Lagos really is a difficult Embassy!

I have heard that It has been stated by immigration officials that there are 3 levels of difficult consulates:

Low difficulty

High difficulty

Lagos.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.