8 posts in this topic

i received a rfie for an i130 and i130a. they said that it was either not signed or pages were missing. i know that i signed it. i completed the forms as t riv because the social security admin issued me a card as t riv. my spouses name is riv-aya. after submitting the form, i tried to grt a drivers lisce se and they told me that my name should be rivera-ayala. is this rfie an opportu ity to cure the last name issue or just resubmit under rivera or does it matter. i have now two social security cards: one with riv and one with riv-aya.. we did concurrent filing for AOS. MY husband tps ends in dec from el salvdor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What is your actual name?  What is your husband's actual name?  You don't have to respond here with them, but you need to know your full legal names.

If there are documents in different names, you should correct them first.

The I-130 and I-130a needs to have your actual full names, and signed as such 

Thank you. That is what i was thinking. I hope that the officer has understanding. I will write an affadavit explaining the error that the social security admin made along with the old card and new correct card and submit the forms as the full hyphenated spanish name. I just hope that if they deny it that the denial is speedy so i can refile

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, TomykaR said:

Thank you. That is what i was thinking. I hope that the officer has understanding. I will write an affadavit explaining the error that the social security admin made along with the old card and new correct card and submit the forms as the full hyphenated spanish name. I just hope that if they deny it that the denial is speedy so i can refile

I don't understand what Social Security Cards have to do with the error.  Your correct full name is on your passport.  That's the one you use.  All you need from Social Security is the number.  You say you have two cards.  Hopefully they have the same number.  If there really is a hyphen in your name as shown on the passport, you'll need to hand write that in.  If there is no hyphen in your official name, don't arbitrarily add it.  Marriage, and Birth Certificate names are what need to match.  Deal with any Social Security problems separately, at the SS office.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Ok. Thanks. I dont have a passport. But it was a cultural difference. I had my husband telling me what my last name was and then the social security agent telling me what my last name was so i thought that was my married last name. It wasnt until i got to the DMV did the lady say that my last name has to exactly match my husbands. In his culture my full legal name means that we have the same dad. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, TomykaR said:

Ok. Thanks. I dont have a passport. But it was a cultural difference. I had my husband telling me what my last name was and then the social security agent telling me what my last name was so i thought that was my married last name. It wasnt until i got to the DMV did the lady say that my last name has to exactly match my husbands. In his culture my full legal name means that we have the same dad. 

How did you enter the USA without a passport?

In our culture, you chose whether to take a married name or not and exactly how.  For example if your Maiden name (Spanish influenced culture) is Mary Ramos Rios and you take your husband's name "Smith" your name would usually become Mary Rios Smith, but it's your choice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.