whansen

Submitted Document not Viewed Yet?

16 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Our DS-260 was submitted a year ago and we are still waiting on an interview. We received a note saying a divorce decree was missing (which it wasn’t, we submitted it with our original package). But our attorney submitted it again, however, it still hasn’t been reviewed. It’s been almost two months and it’s just been sitting there. I can’t help but feel like there’s something missing or something that was supposed to be done!

My husband is coming from Canada.

22 minutes ago, whansen said:

Hello all!

Our DS-260 was submitted a year ago and we are still waiting on an interview. We received a note saying a divorce decree was missing (which it wasn’t, we submitted it with our original package). But our attorney submitted it again, however, it still hasn’t been reviewed. It’s been almost two months and it’s just been sitting there. I can’t help but feel like there’s something missing or something that was supposed to be done!

My husband is coming from Canada.

Documents submitted after your case is "Documentary Qualified" won't be reviewed by the NVC officers. I suppose the document is showing the "Submitted" status, that's ok. Once your interview is scheduled, an officer from the US consulate will review all the documents you have submitted. Again, there's nothing to worry about if you are DQed. 🙂

1 minute ago, NikoTaino said:

Documents submitted after your case is "Documentary Qualified" won't be reviewed by the NVC officers. I suppose the document is showing the "Submitted" status, that's ok. Once your interview is scheduled, an officer from the US consulate will review all the documents you have submitted. Again, there's nothing to worry about if you are DQed. 🙂

Ok, that actually makes me feel a lot better. We’ve just been at this for so long and we’ve been waiting for an interview date for forever it feels like. We submitted the document they requested almost two months ago now, and the arrows are still pointing at ‘submit civil documentation’, so it just makes me feel like there’s no forward movement. 

6 minutes ago, whansen said:

Ok, that actually makes me feel a lot better. We’ve just been at this for so long and we’ve been waiting for an interview date for forever it feels like. We submitted the document they requested almost two months ago now, and the arrows are still pointing at ‘submit civil documentation’, so it just makes me feel like there’s no forward movement. 

Quick question: Do you see the "Documentary Qualitified" message in your CEAC profile?

I want to make sure we're both on the same page, specially now that you say "and the arrows are still pointing at ‘submit civil documentation". This doesn't seem to be right. 

I mean

image.thumb.png.e77f9b551588b55e5af7b60dc2068461.png

Edited by NikoTaino

11 minutes ago, whansen said:

No. 😭

Well, that's bad. I thought you were DQed since you said you're still waiting for an interview.

So it looks like you haven't submitted the documents to the CEAC profile. You and your spouse petitioner need to submit the requested documents and click "submit documentation" once they are ready. If you don't know how to do it, look for help other than the attorney. I don't understand how your case is being there with no attention at all.

16 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

Well, that's bad. I thought you were DQed since you said you're still waiting for an interview.

So it looks like you haven't submitted the documents to the CEAC profile. You and your spouse petitioner need to submit the requested documents and click "submit documentation" once they are ready. If you don't know how to do it, look for help other than the attorney. I don't understand how your case is being there with no attention at all.

Has it been submitted already? They said it’s been almost two months so maybe it’s coming up on time for NVC to review the document? I’m not sure just looking at any possibility 

Just now, Ctavarez90 said:

Has it been submitted already? They said it’s been almost two months so maybe it’s coming up on time for NVC to review the document? I’m not sure just looking at any possibility 

Right, but I don't understand what they mean with 

We submitted the document they requested almost two months ago now, and the arrows are still pointing at ‘submit civil documentation’, so it just makes me feel like there’s no forward movement. 

@whansen Can you please clarify? Probably I'm missing something. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You won't be in line waiting for an interview until you are documentarily qualified.

Montreal has scheduled interviews for those DQ'd through most of July 2022.

Since you submitted DS-260 a year ago, I assume you waited on submitting civil documents to purposefully delay immigration. If you got an FE for divorce certificate 2 months ago, then it would appear that (barring any previous FE's) you submitted civil documents for review in June of this year. 

NVC is currently reviewing documents submitted August 15th 2022 - so if the resubmission of the divorce certificate was around that date you will be close to being reviewed again, and then hopefully DQ'd and put in line for interview. Ensure that the documents have been submitted and not just uploaded!

27 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

The documents were submitted under my husband, and I asked the attorney if they needed to be under me and they said “no”, it didn’t matter and it would be fine. Do you suppose I should submit the documents on my end too, just in case?

1 hour ago, M.Knaebel said:

You won't be in line waiting for an interview until you are documentarily qualified.

Montreal has scheduled interviews for those DQ'd through most of July 2022.

Since you submitted DS-260 a year ago, I assume you waited on submitting civil documents to purposefully delay immigration. If you got an FE for divorce certificate 2 months ago, then it would appear that (barring any previous FE's) you submitted civil documents for review in June of this year. 

NVC is currently reviewing documents submitted August 15th 2022 - so if the resubmission of the divorce certificate was around that date you will be close to being reviewed again, and then hopefully DQ'd and put in line for interview. Ensure that the documents have been submitted and not just uploaded!

Hello!

Thank you for your response. So, we actually submitted everything with our initial DS-260 - no holding back or delaying on purpose. The civil document was then submitted by our attorney again in August (22), and we’ve been waiting ever since. The document does say ‘submitted’. 

Our case reached the NVC in October of 2021. I submitted the document again under my name just to be sure, but I believe you’re correct - we’re probably coming around to being reviewed again (I hope). 

DS-260 was actually submitted May 2022 (had to dig through my email to check). I was wrong, I thought we had submitted it last year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, whansen said:

Hello!

Thank you for your response. So, we actually submitted everything with our initial DS-260 - no holding back or delaying on purpose. The civil document was then submitted by our attorney again in August (22), and we’ve been waiting ever since. The document does say ‘submitted’. 

Our case reached the NVC in October of 2021. I submitted the document again under my name just to be sure, but I believe you’re correct - we’re probably coming around to being reviewed again (I hope). 

DS-260 was actually submitted May 2022 (had to dig through my email to check). I was wrong, I thought we had submitted it last year.

ah okay, glad the timeline makes more sense. We reached NVC in March 2022, submitted DS-260 & all documents in April, and after one FE were DQ'd at the end of August.
If you get DQ'd soon, we are likely to receive letters for Montreal at the same time for interview in January based on current timelines.

Going to link the Montreal thread for you which has great information and a spreadsheet (available on desktop only) so you can follow other Canadians in the process.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

1 minute ago, M.Knaebel said:

ah okay, glad the timeline makes more sense. We reached NVC in March 2022, submitted DS-260 & all documents in April, and after one FE were DQ'd at the end of August.
If you get DQ'd soon, we are likely to receive letters for Montreal at the same time for interview in January based on current timelines.

Going to link the Montreal thread for you which has great information and a spreadsheet (available on desktop only) so you can follow other Canadians in the process.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Fingers crossed!! I hope I didn’t mess anything up by submitting the document again.

Hopefully we’re coming up on being reviewed again soon (I was thinking within the next week or two since that’ll be the 60 day review timeline). 

I’ll let you know! 

2 hours ago, M.Knaebel said:

FYI - the nvc public inquiry response FINALLY got back to me. Little vague but promising.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The documents you submitted will be reviewed soon. We will let you know whether we complete your case or if we need more information.

Current processing times are posted on our website athttps://nvc.state.gov/timeframes (English) orhttps://nvc.state.gov/plazos (Spanish).”

etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 1:50 PM, M.Knaebel said:

Hey guess what!!! October 18th we received the message that we were documentarily qualified!!! How long does it normally take for the NVC to schedule the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.