Jordanian Bride

October 2022 NVC Submission

351 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, AB2021 said:

Hello everyone

Final Required Documents was submitted on October 10, 2022. Good Luck Everyone 🙏

Good luck to you too.. hope we get DQ before December. It's a slim chance but we're hoping.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Good luck to you too.. hope we get DQ before December. It's a slim chance but we're hoping.

right now, NVC is taking 55 days to process, which (as long as that says roughly true) Oct submissions should be done by EoY, but I don't think before December unless you were very early in Oct.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

right now, NVC is taking 55 days to process, which (as long as that says roughly true) Oct submissions should be done by EoY, but I don't think before December unless you were very early in Oct.

That’s true. It’s best to not hope for miracles with this process. I’m realistically expecting to be processed by Dec 1st the earliest. 
Have you gotten around to submitting btw?

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
Just now, Jordanian Bride said:

That’s true. It’s best to not hope for miracles with this process. I’m realistically expecting to be processed by Dec 1st the earliest. 
Have you gotten around to submitting btw?

Not yet - she got the first draft of police and birth certificate translations today, just want to adjust a few words (nothings wrong, just for complete clarification) and also add the translation agency address/phone number. Should have it all sent tomorrow night, Weds at the latest.

NVC releases the new processing data on Monday afternoons, the site I check is here, they have a nice graph showing the change in wait times - so far its been trending down so who knows we may only have a 6-7week wait, instead of 8-9. https://visawhen.com/nvc

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Not yet - she got the first draft of police and birth certificate translations today, just want to adjust a few words (nothings wrong, just for complete clarification) and also add the translation agency address/phone number. Should have it all sent tomorrow night, Weds at the latest.

NVC releases the new processing data on Monday afternoons, the site I check is here, they have a nice graph showing the change in wait times - so far its been trending down so who knows we may only have a 6-7week wait, instead of 8-9. https://visawhen.com/nvc

Do you know by any change how long are Russian PCCs good for? I submitted one and wonder if it’s 3 or 6 months.

I thought COVID caused the NVC case review backlog, but I was shocked to go back to posts made in 2017 where it seems people waited for 60 days just like us. Now I know it’ll never get better lol! Not significantly anyway..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Do you know by any change how long are Russian PCCs good for? I submitted one and wonder if it’s 3 or 6 months.

So, might be worth someone smarter than me chiming in on this, but I thought that police certificates are good for 2 years, per:

https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/police-certificates/ "Currently, certificates are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the date of issuance." (we're probably routing to Warsaw)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

The only crucial expiration to be worried about is medical, that has 6mo validity.

Edited by Simplytex

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

So, might be worth someone smarter than me chiming in on this, but I thought that police certificates are good for 2 years, per:

https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/police-certificates/ "Currently, certificates are valid for 24 months (2 years) from the date of issuance." (we're probably routing to Warsaw)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html "Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued."

The only crucial expiration to be worried about is medical, that has 6mo validity.

I used to think that but, and correct me if I misunderstood, a user on this forum had to replace a Russian PCC that was less than two years old at the interview stage. (Note: I don’t think this is unique to Russian PCCs. Jordanian beneficiaries bring new PCCs to the interview after the original certificate has passed 6 months).

Another account on this forum that I’ve seen, but this was in April, was that the PCC was originally accepted, but some document wasn’t. So they send in the right document, and the six month mark rolls around by the time of the second review, and they rejected the originally accepted PCC. It could just be a rare example of a nitpicky employee, but it planted paranoia in me since reading that. 

If we don’t get DQ this time around, I’m thinking of issuing a second Jordanian PCC. It’s tinfoil but I’m convinced the main role of the NVC is to stall.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

I used to think that but, and correct me if I misunderstood, a user on this forum had to replace a Russian PCC that was less than two years old at the interview stage. (Note: I don’t think this is unique to Russian PCCs. Jordanian beneficiaries bring new PCCs to the interview after the original certificate has passed 6 months).

Another account on this forum that I’ve seen, but this was in April, was that the PCC was originally accepted, but some document wasn’t. So they send in the right document, and the six month mark rolls around by the time of the second review, and they rejected the originally accepted PCC. It could just be a rare example of a nitpicky employee, but it planted paranoia in me since reading that. 

If we don’t get DQ this time around, I’m thinking of issuing a second Jordanian PCC. It’s tinfoil but I’m convinced the main role of the NVC is to stall.

I've read the thread from Steven, and as far as I understand he was DQ for over 2 years (one of the original people to transfer Moscow to Warsaw, but long time to get the interview.) From one of his posts "It shouldn't take years to process a visa, certainly not weeks to stamp a visa for a professional married couple, one of which is a born US citizen, and that has been married for 5 years and DQ'd for over 2 years...so long in fact that documents are expiring and have to be refreshed.!"

Unless explicitly stated elsewhere, I would say don't read into it too much. Do check the embassy's IV page before you interview to make sure everything is valid/there are no special rules, but if nothing else I'd go with what NVC website says as the most up to date info.

8 hours ago, Simplytex said:

I've read the thread from Steven, and as far as I understand he was DQ for over 2 years (one of the original people to transfer Moscow to Warsaw, but long time to get the interview.) From one of his posts "It shouldn't take years to process a visa, certainly not weeks to stamp a visa for a professional married couple, one of which is a born US citizen, and that has been married for 5 years and DQ'd for over 2 years...so long in fact that documents are expiring and have to be refreshed.!"

Unless explicitly stated elsewhere, I would say don't read into it too much. Do check the embassy's IV page before you interview to make sure everything is valid/there are no special rules, but if nothing else I'd go with what NVC website says as the most up to date info.

They just rejected my Russian PCC. It was issued 6th October 2021 and I thought its valid for 2 years...I don't see any other possible problem with that document only if its too old for them?( I recived it throught Russian consulate) Anyway, already got my appointment to consulate next Monday...

Timeline
5 hours ago, anna4614890 said:

They just rejected my Russian PCC. It was issued 6th October 2021 and I thought its valid for 2 years...I don't see any other possible problem with that document only if its too old for them?( I recived it throught Russian consulate) Anyway, already got my appointment to consulate next Monday...

Just out of curiosity, are you at the Seoul constipate like your timeline states? I wonder if that, or receiving it through the Russian consulate vs local police branch, makes a difference.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

Just out of curiosity, are you at the Seoul constipate like your timeline states? I wonder if that, or receiving it through the Russian consulate vs local police branch, makes a difference.

Lol, I meant Seoul consulate!!! Not constipate 🤦‍♂️ Early morning autocorrect...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.