🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸

NVC processing times and what to expect

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anybody know how long it has been taking for the petitioner to recieve notification from NVC after recieving NOA2? My fiance is from Egypt and I recieved our NOA2 on Aug 8th and still have not recieved a case number or instructions on the next steps and it is not suppose to take longer than 4 weeks. I have already sent an inquiry over 2 weeks ago to the public emil given on the website and have not recieved a reply to that either? I am very concerned because the NOA2 has a expiration date, which is only 2 shorts months away😳..does anyone know what is expected by this date and if you can request an extension; or explain to me what it  means? I am not sure what else to do since NVC does not take calls anymore. Can someone please give me some advice of what to do? Please help🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

Does anybody know how long it has been taking for the petitioner to recieve notification from NVC after recieving NOA2? My fiance is from Egypt and I recieved our NOA2 on Aug 8th and still have not recieved a case number or instructions on the next steps and it is not suppose to take longer than 4 weeks. I have already sent an inquiry over 2 weeks ago to the public emil given on the website and have not recieved a reply to that either? I am very concerned because the NOA2 has a expiration date, which is only 2 shorts months away😳..does anyone know what is expected by this date and if you can request an extension; or explain to me what it  means? I am not sure what else to do since NVC does not take calls anymore. Can someone please give me some advice of what to do? Please help🙏

There is no NVC processing with the i-129f/K1. All they do is give the case a case number and then they transfer the case to the embassy where the beneficiary will be interviewed. NVC is a very quick stop.

Sometimes the petitioner receives a letter from NVC with the case number, most people never get this letter. And those who do get it only receives it after a couple of months. This is why everyone contacts NVC after the i-129f approval to get their case number, nobody wants to wait 2 months for a letter that in many cases doesn't even show up. The letter is absolutely unimportant either way, all you need is the case number and NVC will give it to you when you contact them. Keep sending emails.

The embassy can extend the approved i-129f once they receive it (which they should have, by now).

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

But what if i have not recieved a number yet or any information via email regarding an actual case number or ehat i should be doing next?

Timeline
1 hour ago, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

But what if i have not recieved a number yet or any information via email regarding an actual case number or ehat i should be doing next?

We were in transit to the Cairo embassy after 75 days. 

it did take around 50 days to get from USCIS to NVC

Timeline
8 hours ago, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

Don’t worry about the expiration date, they automatically renew it. 
you can email NVCReasearch@state.gov and in the subject line put your WAC#

And then in the body of the email put petitioner’s DOB, Beneficiary’s DOB, and attach a photo of the NOA2. And ask the status…It usually takes 2-4 days for a response, they will not give your case #, but will tell you if NVC has received your case from USCIS

Edited by Mahmir
Added

12 hours ago, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

Did you check your spam/junk folder?  Did you double check to make sure the email you are using is the same one that NVC has (I say this because it happened to me - NVC had an email that was wrong and I had to correct it)?  These are simple , but sometimes these are the reasons why.  I hope you  hear from them soon.

Timeline

Yes i did check my spam, i check it just about everyday to make sure and still haven't recieved anything. I am really concerned because tomorrow marks 2 nonths since recieving NOA2 and idk what i am suppose to do in the meantime if i haven't recieved anything from them

3 hours ago, TayTay2022 said:

Did you check your spam/junk folder?  Did you double check to make sure the email you are using is the same one that NVC has (I say this because it happened to me - NVC had an email that was wrong and I had to correct it)?  These are simple , but sometimes these are the reasons why.  I hope you  hear from them soon.

Did you ask the Lawyer that is available on this platform for any advice?

3 hours ago, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

Yes i did check my spam, i check it just about everyday to make sure and still haven't recieved anything. I am really concerned because tomorrow marks 2 nonths since recieving NOA2 and idk what i am suppose to do in the meantime if i haven't recieved anything from them

Here is the link to ask the Lawyers associated with VisaJourney... it wouldn't hurt to check.  https://www.visajourney.com/ask/

Timeline

I recently went through this same scenario with my Egyptian fiancé, and honestly it will start moving quickly once you get the transfer letter email from NVC! We received the transfer letter on July 19th, and my fiancé got his visa approved yesterday.

One thing I didn't realize was that once your status in CEAC shows "Ready" (about a week after the transfer letter), you will need to reach out to the embassy via email for Packet 3 instructions. I was under the impression they would contact us, so that delayed our timeline a bit. Because I wasn't sure if an interview could get scheduled before our NOA2 expired, I emailed a letter to the embassy (following a template found on Visa Journey) and they extended it for us--no problem.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:36 AM, 🇪🇬M & C🇺🇸 said:

Ppl have used this and it has helped

i sent an inquiry through the form they have at which i didnt receive a reply. Then i emailed twice at NVCResearch@state.gov with the following: Subject: WAC2190085XXX - PETITIONER NAME - PETITIONER DOB and in the mail i wrote: 

I am the beneficiary of case WAC2190085xxx

our i129f petition was approved on June 17th (see below screenshot) - had a screenshot of our approval

We are emailing you asking our NVC case number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.