Sarge2155

I-751 October 2022 - Filers

367 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, iamrswhite said:

Okay thank you!!! 😊 

Thanks! Potomac.. the slowest unfortunately. 

I am in the same boat and got the update, ideally I'd want to have my card approved before mid august (N400 INTERVIEW) But we shall see :)

On 4/5/2024 at 12:43 PM, J&E- said:

Just had my N-400 , but they didn’t agree to make it combo, so I passed the exam and gave me a letter stating that , yet, told me they couldn’t make a decision because the I-751 was pending. And the officer basically preached me about who told me to file N-400… anyways , has anyone been in this situation ? Suggestions ? USCIS says that Vermont is 25 months , so 80% chance they’ll process my I-751 until January 2025 :( 

On an update, I reached out to my representative and they wrote to the USCIS. USCIS responded I was going to get an answer a month after. A couple of days before the month was due, I received the notification my case was approved and recommended for taking the oath - no further interview or documents needed. I'm taking the oath this Monday :)

Does anyone know if I could bring guests? How early do you recommend to get there ? 30 mins before? Any recommendations on what to bring / not to bring? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I got a notification for the naturalization interview. I am trying to find resources for the interview. I downloaded a pdf from the USCIS site with 100 questions in it. Any other references is very appreciated. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Regdkp said:

My interview for naturalization is on the 5th September. I got an update two days ago that the ‘card is being produced’ for the pending ROC.

That's good.  Just keep the card until your oath ceremony.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Can some one help please ..

Our I-751  October 13, 2022 case status is Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken and followed by extension letter.

*Now it is only two months left befre our extension expires, 

what are our next steps?

* what happens after extension expiry?

* is it noraml to take this long?

* should we start with I-400 process?

Appreciate you help

2 hours ago, beatbaba2 said:

Hi 

Our I-751  October 13, 2022 case status is Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken and followed by extension letter.

You should have received 4 year extension. Did you move since filing I-751? Maybe it got lost in the mail... To request one: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

what are our next steps?

You remain LPR, but you don't have proof of status. This is not a desirable situation.

I-751 used to take 3-6 months. But yes, it is normal nowadays to take 2-4 years.

Not sure what I-400 is, but if you're eligible, you can apply for N-400. Sometimes this pushes I-751.

On 8/20/2024 at 7:20 AM, beatbaba2 said:

Hi 

what are our next steps?

Appreciate you help

What's the first 3 letters of your receipt number?

Timeline

I received my 10 years card on Monday(from the USCIS Lee Summit Missouri). Prior to that I already had received my N400 interview letter (it is on the 5th September). Today I received a letter for interview for the Removal of Condition application, from the same Charleston, SC office. The timing is the same as the N400 application. I have filed all the letters in the folder (which I am carrying) so I can tell them that I already got the 10 years card. I hope this happens at times, when a lot of activities happen over RoC and N400. Any thoughts from the fellow applicants? 

1 hour ago, Regdkp said:

I received my 10 years card on Monday(from the USCIS Lee Summit Missouri). Prior to that I already had received my N400 interview letter (it is on the 5th September). Today I received a letter for interview for the Removal of Condition application, from the same Charleston, SC office. The timing is the same as the N400 application. I have filed all the letters in the folder (which I am carrying) so I can tell them that I already got the 10 years card. I hope this happens at times, when a lot of activities happen over RoC and N400. Any thoughts from the fellow applicants? 

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 

Bring all letters and 10 year GC.

Bring the US citizen spouse too.

Before the interview starts, make sure to inform IO your I-751 has been approved. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
51 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 

Bring all letters and 10 year GC.

Bring the US citizen spouse too.

Before the interview starts, make sure to inform IO your I-751 has been approved. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you so much.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update,  Status Change:

“Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken” as of 8/23/2024.

any idea what would be the next steps?

I did a quick search and a lot of folks might have received the same notice yesterday.

NOA: 10/18/2022 - Texas Service Center

I also noticed today that USCIS processing case times check doesn’t have individualised Centres anymore and it’s now combined and it says 31 Months (Maybe Potomac and Texas filed grievances to not be exposed :) )

Wishing everyone still waiting all the best.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, optimistic23 said:

any idea what would be the next steps?

Approval, RFE, or interview notice.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.