208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Elena & Craig said:

I got a question and hope somebody can shed some light or offer their humble(or not so humble) opinion on that. At the time I applied for my naturalization in October I also had a pending I-751 case so naturally I attached pics of my conditional I-551. Now that I received my 10y green card in Feb I’m on the fence if I should:

1) reattach pics with my new green card details instead of a conditional one

2) or add new pics with 10y green card under unsolicited evidence

3) or do nothing and provide examining officer with updates on the spot. I mean they do ask during the interview anyways if there is anything else/new I’d like to hand out to them for scanning and adding to my case. 

Thanks, appreciate any input. 

If its just GC, then you can just do 3). They already will have that doc since they are the issuing authority. You can take it during your interview and show them when they ask for a GC. 

14 hours ago, Elena & Craig said:

I got a question and hope somebody can shed some light or offer their humble(or not so humble) opinion on that. At the time I applied for my naturalization in October I also had a pending I-751 case so naturally I attached pics of my conditional I-551. Now that I received my 10y green card in Feb I’m on the fence if I should:

1) reattach pics with my new green card details instead of a conditional one

2) or add new pics with 10y green card under unsolicited evidence

3) or do nothing and provide examining officer with updates on the spot. I mean they do ask during the interview anyways if there is anything else/new I’d like to hand out to them for scanning and adding to my case. 

Thanks, appreciate any input. 

I'd do either 2 or 3, leaning towards 2. I don't think it would hurt uploading it now plus copy of its approval form for I-751.

I wouldn't replace existing docs, though I don't think it would be an issue.

Whichever thing you do, you're good and it won't make much difference in the end.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Do 2, and take the new GC to the interview. Agree with @OldUser, won't be a break it or make it!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you all for advice. Also special thanks to you @Rocio0010. From the time I sent my ginormous RFE organized exactly in a manner that you did for I-751 and used Acco binder + table of contents it took just 10 days to new card production. And yeah, USCIS couldn’t care less that it was not all loose papers. Worked well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Thank you all for advice. Also special thanks to you @Rocio0010. From the time I sent my ginormous RFE organized exactly in a manner that you did for I-751 and used Acco binder + table of contents it took just 10 days to new card production. And yeah, USCIS couldn’t care less that it was not all loose papers. Worked well. 

Hahaha you're welcome... But it would be nice if they moved their butt and worked on my card too! Hahaha

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

October 2022 filer here!  Haven't been on VJ in years.  No interview scheduled yet.

May 2008: Met on the Carnival Paradise
2008-2012: 20 Cruises, 8 vacations, many wonderful moments
May 2012: Engaged!

K-1
May 17 2012: I-129F Sent
May 22 2012: NOA1
Aug 17 2012: NOA2
Aug 28 2012: Left NVC
Aug 29 2012: Vancouver Consolate Received
Sept 7 2012: Package 3 received
Sept 18 2012: Package 4 received
Nov 20 2012: Medical
Nov 26 2012: Interview - APPROVED!
Dec 01 2012: POE
Jan 12 2013: Wedding!
AOS
Jan 26 2013: AOS Sent
Jan 31 2013: NOA1 eMail
Mar 06 2013: Feb 13 2013 (walk-in) Biometrics Appt
Mar 28 2013: EAD/AP Approval
April 02 2013: Interview - APPROVED!
April 05 2013: EAD/AP Card received
April 10 2013: Greencard ARRIVED!!

ROC

Jan 12 2015: I-751 Sent

Jan 16 2015: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Jan 13th

Feb 19 2015: Biometrics

June 10 2015: APPROVED!

June 18 2015: Greencard Arrived!

Timeline
On 1/13/2023 at 8:34 AM, BryceAndRebeca said:

Hi guys! I have also received my interview notice: Feb 15th, at the San Francisco, CA office. 

I received no email, but I have been checking constantly seeing that people on this thread didn't get it either.

@BryceAndRebeca  Good luck and an easy-going officer to you tomorrow. I’ll be eagerly waiting for your report on how did it go. What time is your interview? 

Edited by Elena & Craig

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview was today at the Chicago Field Office. It was really smooth and everyone was really nice! My husband was able to come in with me and wait which was an unexpected but nice surprise.

Questions I was asked:

1. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?

2. Who makes federal laws?

3. We elect a president for how many years?

4. What did Martin Luther King Jr. do?

5. The idea of self government is in the first three words of the constitution. What are these words?

6. What is the name of the president now?

I don't remember the sentence I read out loud, but my writing test was "Washington was the first president". She helped me with a name change that I didn't realize I needed, and we changed two things since I applied: a trip over Christmas and that I am still a member of a work union. She was really lovely and made me feel comfortable. She had my file open on her desk, and it had all of my immigration paperwork back from my K-1 visa. It was fun to see paperwork I hadn't seen in years! I wouldn't have realized it but I recognized the colourful tabs I used to organize all the different parts. 

The officer said they are currently scheduling oath ceremonies for March, so we will see. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 12:13 PM, Elena & Craig said:

@BryceAndRebeca  Good luck and an easy-going officer to you tomorrow. I’ll be eagerly waiting for your report on how did it go. What time is your interview? 

I got Naturalized yesterday! The interview was good, the officer was nice and the process was straightforward. He asked me the following questions:

1. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?

2.  What happened on Sept 11, 2001?

3. Name one of the writers of the Federalist Papers.

4. What is the capital of the State?

5. How many voting members are in the House of Representatives?

6. What is one of the powers of the States?

Then he asked me to read: Who can Vote?

Write: Citizens can vote

After that I was approved! The rest of the interview was regular questions and updating information for USCIS. He asked me if I wanted to do the Oath today, I said yes. He sent the request and exited his office. My Oath was scheduled for 1 pm (same building, different entrance).

I received my Naturalization Certificate, and a packet with other relevant information.

We are very happy, Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wife had her interview today for N-400. Really easy. Went over forms that were filed. asked 6 simple questions. Dis the reading and writing. 

Have verbal approval as of now. Waiting on I-751 to be forwarded to Detroit or for Lincoln to approve it.

Said we will be notified via mail with in 14 days.

Questions were

1, Name 1 member of congress

2, We elect senators for how many years

3, We elect the president for how many years

4, Where is the statue of liberty located

5, Name the 2 political parties

6, Whats the biggest threat to US goverment

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

FYI

I asked our interviewer what he thought of the no interviews for green cards and he said.

I have 2 boxes sitting on the floor waiting to be reviewed but, they want us to do the interviews for n-400s right away. 

This is how i read into it. If you only filed a I-751 you will be waiting a extended amount of time. (He even said some are waiting over 3yrs and need to come in and have passports stamp extending it for the 3rd year.)

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/24/2022 at 10:52 PM, Mira T said:

I just submitted my N-400 tonight 10/24/2022 but I got a Receipt Notice saying they got my application on October 25…  I got another notification for biometrics reuse. I still do not know my service center. I live in Delaware  and my notice didn’t mention the expected processing time. Does anyone know how to find it?. Thank you all and wishing everyone a smooth process. 

I got a notification this morning from my lawfully app, that my interview was scheduled in Philadelphia. I went straight to my uscis to check my docs and I saw that the interview is on 3/28/2023. I am overjoyed. I can’t wait to be done with this journey. Wishing everyone a successful process. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mira T said:

I got a notification this morning from my lawfully app, that my interview was scheduled in Philadelphia. I went straight to my uscis to check my docs and I saw that the interview is on 3/28/2023. I am overjoyed. I can’t wait to be done with this journey. Wishing everyone a successful process. 

Congrats! Is it like a free tracking app? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thus endeth the process - had my N-400 interview in Seattle yesterday.  I was called in about 40 minutes past the scheduled time, finished up in about 15 minutes. Heading out I just missed one oath ceremony and had to wait about an hour for the next which was the last of the day. 

I had already scheduled an urgent travel appointment at the Passport Agency for today on the assumption that I'd pass, had to wait well over two hours past that appointed time, but I should have my passport in a day or two, I can't be in travel limbo for 2+ months.

Surreal how quick this last step was compared to all the other steps... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.