28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Only if they can prove they do not have primary or secondary evidence

3. Affidavits

If an applicant has demonstrated unavailability of both a required primary and secondary document, the applicant must submit at least two affidavits, or sworn written statements, pertaining to the facts at issue. Such affidavits must be given by: 

• Persons who are not parties to the underlying petition; and

• Persons who have direct personal knowledge of the events and circumstances in question. [15] 

In order for an applicant to meet his or her burden of proof, the officer must examine the evidence for its probative value and credibility. For these reasons, an affidavit should include:

• The full name, address, and contact information of the affiant (person giving the sworn statement), including his or her own date and place of birth, and relationship (if any) to the applicant;

• A copy of the affiant’s government-issued identification, if available;

• Full information concerning the facts at issue; and

• An explanation of how the affiant has direct personal knowledge of the relevant events and circumstances.

Affidavits that cannot be verified carry no weight in proving the facts at issue.

Whatever happens is at the discretion of the CO. They know what to ask and what not. Like i said in my earlier post, this person was interviewed at that Consulate and had EVERYTHING you can think of, both Primary and Secondary. I sat with him over a coffee and he showed me evidences. Still, CO decided to just call a third party affidavits to see if the story correlates.

What i'm trying to say in essence is, i have noticed how many people here tend to encourage folks to knock out affidavits since it's perceived weak. Rather, people should be encouraged to put everything that would help in there as you never just know what CO might just do or want to verify.

One is to be a paper instruction follower, the other is to be a realist to the trends of things happening. More-so, its a different strokes for different folks with Embassies. I urge anyone reading this, throw in that affidavit, ONLY a CO will determine what's weak or not.

Edited by AfroKing
typo error

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, AfroKing said:

Whatever happens is at the discretion of the CO. They know what to ask and what not. Like i said in my earlier post, this person was interviewed at that Consulate and had EVERYTHING you can think of, both Primary and Secondary. I sat with him over a coffee and he showed me evidences. Still, CO decided to just call a third party affidavits to see if the story correlates.

What i'm trying to say in essence is, i have noticed how many people here tend to encourage folks to knock out affidavits since it's perceived weak. Rather, people should be encouraged to put everything that would help in there as you never just know what CO might just do or want to verify.

One is to be a paper instruction follower, the other is to be a realist to the trends of things happening. More-so, its a different strokes for different folks with Embassies. I urge anyone reading this, throw in that affidavit, ONLY a CO will determine what's weak or not.

Agreed because the COs at the embassy in Lagos can be unpredictable at times so the more evidence you have the better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can supply affidavits for a small fee.

Quality evidence is what counts, a letter from somebody saying well I have never met him but he seems a nice guy does not do very much.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Sorry for mingling ... but would any of you have an example you will show of an affadavid made to support you ?

Im a bit insure on how much or how little should be written in them.

Isabella 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, Boiler said:

I can supply affidavits for a small fee.

Quality evidence is what counts, a letter from somebody saying well I have never met him but he seems a nice guy does not do very much.

I will do 3 for the price of 2 … thereby undercutting Boilers side job. 

On 9/25/2022 at 11:17 PM, chadonius said:

When I submitted my evidence, I included my airline tickets to visit my wife, two pages of photos from our wedding, outings, hanging out and nothing else. I would suggest you do something similar, you may include some chats but I don't think its necessary. Some people overdo it, but for i130 you should keep it short and sweet. Once you reach NVC stage then the messages may help you.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, CuteAniagudo said:

I just got married September 3, 2022. We had been dating for almost 5 years. How many screenshots (ie. per month of the relationship) of text conversations should I compile to submit for evidence with my i130 application? We had only seen each other twice during this time period. I do have photos, travel itinerary and receipts saved from my visits to his country. My husband is not in the US currently and he doesn't have a visa.

When I submitted conversations we have had the time i was applying. The officer returned them back to me and collected every other documents. Saying he doesn't need to see our discussions it's to personal. 

On 9/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, pushbrk said:

There is such a thing as too much though.  Focus on examples of communication evidence.  Give them too much and they are not going to take the time to read it.  THEN, you can't be sure they'll see the most important things.

I can't agree with you... I sent as much information as I could so I was thorough in proving my relationship.  It you send it with a cover letter -- listing all of the items that is included, that helps a lot.  Then they can pick/choose what they want to read through.  It worked for me and I was approved within a few days of them receiving my RFE packet.  Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, TayTay2022 said:

I can't agree with you... I sent as much information as I could so I was thorough in proving my relationship.  It you send it with a cover letter -- listing all of the items that is included, that helps a lot.  Then they can pick/choose what they want to read through.  It worked for me and I was approved within a few days of them receiving my RFE packet.  Thanks.

That you did it and it worked is not a surprise.  I would not advise somebody else to send 400 pages of evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

That you did it and it worked is not a surprise.  I would not advise somebody else to send 400 pages of evidence.

Nor did I... 🤨

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
59 minutes ago, TayTay2022 said:

Nor did I... 🤨

And if I knew the details of your "everything" I might agree.  My original response was a general response after a member mentioned 400 pages of communication evidence.  However.  YOU say they COULD pick and choose what to look at.  What....I....prefer is to send a combination of quality and quantity that assures they see everything....I....want them to see. 😉

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

46 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

And if I knew the details of your "everything" I might agree.  My original response was a general response after a member mentioned 400 pages of communication evidence.  However.  YOU say they COULD pick and choose what to look at.  What....I....prefer is to send a combination of quality and quantity that assures they see everything....I....want them to see. 😉

Agreed!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 10/12/2022 at 8:08 PM, Kayesidi said:

Do affidavits from the third parties - friends and family need to be signed in a notary public’s presence ? 

No they dont, affadavits are "swear to tell the truth" statements ...like witness statements 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.