Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes cannot keep up with the Urdu. I only know a few phrases and it is easier to read and post in English for me too.

Shonnie you have heard my speaking Urdu. LOL The family is lol and in tears with my southern accent and urdu combination. I talked to his dad earlier and he forgot I can speak very little and he gets excited and goes full speed with me. I say hold on tell Mian to translate for me. :P It is slow going learning the language but you will master in time if I can you can.

Everyone have a good day and hopefully good news for you soon. Dankia where have you been? I just saw one post from you in here? Have you been out on trips? Do not be a stranger.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Okay so here's the latest in this crazy mess...

I finally got through to NVC yesterday after the FBI call where they said they have no record of my fiance's prints, they said NVC has it, called them, they said we wouldn't have that, called FBI again - same response, called NVC again - same response... then called DOS and s/w Barbara this morning and apparently my fiance is going to get a call-in letter from the embassy w/ a request for additional information, and she said not to worry about the prints b/c she believes they have rec'd what they requested... UGH!!! I don't know what to make of any of it so I guess we'll just have to wait until he goes down to the embassy again - it's a not so safe 8 hr drive down from Afghanistan to Islamabad, Pakistan so insha'Allah it won't be just another run-around trip... not holding my breath... I think I will call the embassy again to see if they'll tell me what additional documentation they need so we can have it prepared... that way when he makes the four hour trip to the location in Pakistan to pick up the letter, he can keep driving the additional five hours to ISL and drop off the requested items.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: Timeline
Okay so here's the latest in this crazy mess...

I finally got through to NVC yesterday after the FBI call where they said they have no record of my fiance's prints, they said NVC has it, called them, they said we wouldn't have that, called FBI again - same response, called NVC again - same response... then called DOS and s/w Barbara this morning and apparently my fiance is going to get a call-in letter from the embassy w/ a request for additional information, and she said not to worry about the prints b/c she believes they have rec'd what they requested... UGH!!! I don't know what to make of any of it so I guess we'll just have to wait until he goes down to the embassy again - it's a not so safe 8 hr drive down from Afghanistan to Islamabad, Pakistan so insha'Allah it won't be just another run-around trip... not holding my breath... I think I will call the embassy again to see if they'll tell me what additional documentation they need so we can have it prepared... that way when he makes the four hour trip to the location in Pakistan to pick up the letter, he can keep driving the additional five hours to ISL and drop off the requested items.

replied you on off topic.. :D

Yes cannot keep up with the Urdu. I only know a few phrases and it is easier to read and post in English for me too.

Shonnie you have heard my speaking Urdu. LOL The family is lol and in tears with my southern accent and urdu combination. I talked to his dad earlier and he forgot I can speak very little and he gets excited and goes full speed with me. I say hold on tell Mian to translate for me. :P It is slow going learning the language but you will master in time if I can you can.

Everyone have a good day and hopefully good news for you soon. Dankia where have you been? I just saw one post from you in here? Have you been out on trips? Do not be a stranger.

Mary

yours sounded authentic... mine sounds like garbage. :lol: but, working on that.

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

does anyone know anything about the 15% CVT (capital value tax) being implemented in pakistan for airfares effective august 1st even if you have purchased your ticket from oversees???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Javed cant understand nothing I say in Urdu. I dont have a paki accent. so it sounds like garbage to him :(

Shon try - me pagal hu. apko dil bohut khopsurat hai!

it always makes Ali laugh. we have a fun mix of Urdu and English - some of it would be nonesense to others, but it makes us smile and laugh. our own little Urdlish... (like Spanglish?)

Dankia where have you been? I just saw one post from you in here? Have you been out on trips? Do not be a stranger.

Hi Mary,

I've been guiding a ton, which is good. But it gives me just short bits of time to check in. Ali is off on an expedition in the mountains, which is hard for me but GREAT for him. I miss him so much. He misses me too - he's called a few times from a satellite phone which is such a treat! It will be a while before I talk to him next - and I hope it is from the summit of the peak. I can't wait just to be able to e-mail and talk with him like before. Let alone see him again at some point.... It's good we're both so busy.

How is everything with your family???

I FINALLY got everything I needed together, with his stuff too, and got it in the mail. Arrived in Nebraska last week, so we're "officially" in the process now. Yipes! Holding my breath a little to see what comes up for us.

Omid, good luck! I am sorry to hear of the confusion and hassles! I wish someone outside the process understood what a strain it puts on us to have these little "snaffoos". It's hard enough as it is being away from our loved ones.

Thought you guys might enjoy this story... I was in Walgreens getting photos and started chatting with a woman in line with me. She asked about my mehndi I had on my feet (I've been doing it for fun and to keep my spirits up thinking of Paki) and I told her I had it done in Pakistan originally. She looked surprised and asked why I was there. I gave her a brief answer and she looked shocked and said "Aren't you scared when your there?" I said, "of what?". Then answered more softly - no, the people there are wonderful, caring and loving just like us... then replied - "the only thing that scares me is my government.... I was there when the US bombed a village on the border of Afgan. and Paki, killing a bunch of innocent people..."

Anyway. She was intrigued about Pakistan and maybe her eyes opened a bit to the world outside here - maybe...

07-18-2006 Mailed I-129f

07-21-2006 Arrived Nebraska Service Center, transfered to CSC

07-29-2006 NOA1 notice received in mail

09-26-2006 NOA2

10-16-2006 NVC assigns case number

10-30-2006 ISL sends out packet 3

11-06-2006 Packet 3 recieved

12-08-2006 Packet 3 returned to Embassy

01-26-2007 Called to Amex for interview date

03-13-2007 SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW!

does anyone know anything about the 15% CVT (capital value tax) being implemented in pakistan for airfares effective august 1st even if you have purchased your ticket from oversees???

no call PIA and ask :thumbs:

Javed cant understand nothing I say in Urdu. I dont have a paki accent. so it sounds like garbage to him :(

Shon try - me pagal hu. apko dil bohut khopsurat hai!

it always makes Ali laugh. we have a fun mix of Urdu and English - some of it would be nonesense to others, but it makes us smile and laugh. our own little Urdlish... (like Spanglish?)

Dankia where have you been? I just saw one post from you in here? Have you been out on trips? Do not be a stranger.

Hi Mary,

I've been guiding a ton, which is good. But it gives me just short bits of time to check in. Ali is off on an expedition in the mountains, which is hard for me but GREAT for him. I miss him so much. He misses me too - he's called a few times from a satellite phone which is such a treat! It will be a while before I talk to him next - and I hope it is from the summit of the peak. I can't wait just to be able to e-mail and talk with him like before. Let alone see him again at some point.... It's good we're both so busy.

How is everything with your family???

I FINALLY got everything I needed together, with his stuff too, and got it in the mail. Arrived in Nebraska last week, so we're "officially" in the process now. Yipes! Holding my breath a little to see what comes up for us.

Omid, good luck! I am sorry to hear of the confusion and hassles! I wish someone outside the process understood what a strain it puts on us to have these little "snaffoos". It's hard enough as it is being away from our loved ones.

Thought you guys might enjoy this story... I was in Walgreens getting photos and started chatting with a woman in line with me. She asked about my mehndi I had on my feet (I've been doing it for fun and to keep my spirits up thinking of Paki) and I told her I had it done in Pakistan originally. She looked surprised and asked why I was there. I gave her a brief answer and she looked shocked and said "Aren't you scared when your there?" I said, "of what?". Then answered more softly - no, the people there are wonderful, caring and loving just like us... then replied - "the only thing that scares me is my government.... I was there when the US bombed a village on the border of Afgan. and Paki, killing a bunch of innocent people..."

Anyway. She was intrigued about Pakistan and maybe her eyes opened a bit to the world outside here - maybe...

thats a cool story thanks for sharing it. :yes:

I have PK friends. my old roomate is Pk. :lol:

shon.gif

Timeline
"the only thing that scares me is my government.... I was there when the US bombed a village on the border of Afgan. and Paki, killing a bunch of innocent people..."

that's the kind of stuff that concerns me about my fiance traveling back and forth to the embassy :(

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

"the only thing that scares me is my government.... I was there when the US bombed a village on the border of Afgan. and Paki, killing a bunch of innocent people..."

that's the kind of stuff that concerns me about my fiance traveling back and forth to the embassy :(

UNDERSTANDABLY!!!!

I'm sorry for all the stress you're feeling right now Omid. It makes my stomach turn just to think about it for you... When you get through this all, it will seem so far away - I hope.

07-18-2006 Mailed I-129f

07-21-2006 Arrived Nebraska Service Center, transfered to CSC

07-29-2006 NOA1 notice received in mail

09-26-2006 NOA2

10-16-2006 NVC assigns case number

10-30-2006 ISL sends out packet 3

11-06-2006 Packet 3 recieved

12-08-2006 Packet 3 returned to Embassy

01-26-2007 Called to Amex for interview date

03-13-2007 SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW!

yar ye apnay dood ke dukan kab say khol lee (since when did you open the milk store)

Assalam-o-Alaikum;

Just to start my post, I wanna show my concern for people who are posting here about there AR, security check stuff. I know its tough. I am concerned about everyone. I feel sorry for everyone. I do care, but I just dont participate in those discussion because I do not have any info about the subject. May ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'AALA help all of us get thru every step.

Here is something I wanna share that everyone would like (though I rarely post stuff that everyone likes). My wife told me that she is praying day and night for approval. I told her that she should just pray to ALLAH SWT for her smooth, quick, happy arrival here and reunion with me. Because we should ask ALLAH SWT for

the whole package all the time. And HE knows best of how to provide us with that package. We dont know if a quick approval will reunite us faster. So, we should just pray to ALLAH SWT to solve every problem and bring our loved ones to us soooooooon. And HE knows how to make it happen.

I will try to keep a balance here, and will use urdu whenever required in context of my post. If I use urdu, that means it was nothing important. If it is something really nice, even though it is not as important, I will translate it in english as well. But believe me, there are things that are just no fun when said in english.

Hafiz Sahab!!!!!!!!!!Farhaad had tried to dig a canal of milk for sheereen. I thought he did a stupid thing. So I opened a milk shop. So I can make profit as well.

Wese main nay aap ko call ki thee. message bhee chhora tha, aap shayad busy thay.

Shon!!!!!!!!!! I will try to keep a balance here, and will use urdu whenever required in context of my post. If I use urdu, that means it was nothing important. If it is something really nice, even though it is not as important, I will translate it in english as well. But believe me, there are things that are just no fun when said in english. Good luck with ur urdu learning. I think you should learn urdu as much as possible, to show to the embassy the strong ties u have with Javed. Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How come Javed doesnt want u to visit????????????

Wese main nay aap ko call ki thee. message bhee chhora tha, aap shayad busy thay.

janab apka message muj ko milga ya, i will call you inshallah.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

yar ye apnay dood ke dukan kab say khol lee (since when did you open the milk store)

Assalam-o-Alaikum;

Just to start my post, I wanna show my concern for people who are posting here about there AR, security check stuff. I know its tough. I am concerned about everyone. I feel sorry for everyone. I do care, but I just dont participate in those discussion because I do not have any info about the subject. May ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'AALA help all of us get thru every step.

Here is something I wanna share that everyone would like (though I rarely post stuff that everyone likes). My wife told me that she is praying day and night for approval. I told her that she should just pray to ALLAH SWT for her smooth, quick, happy arrival here and reunion with me. Because we should ask ALLAH SWT for

the whole package all the time. And HE knows best of how to provide us with that package. We dont know if a quick approval will reunite us faster. So, we should just pray to ALLAH SWT to solve every problem and bring our loved ones to us soooooooon. And HE knows how to make it happen.

I will try to keep a balance here, and will use urdu whenever required in context of my post. If I use urdu, that means it was nothing important. If it is something really nice, even though it is not as important, I will translate it in english as well. But believe me, there are things that are just no fun when said in english.

Hafiz Sahab!!!!!!!!!!Farhaad had tried to dig a canal of milk for sheereen. I thought he did a stupid thing. So I opened a milk shop. So I can make profit as well.

Shon!!!!!!!!!! I will try to keep a balance here, and will use urdu whenever required in context of my post. If I use urdu, that means it was nothing important. If it is something really nice, even though it is not as important, I will translate it in english as well. But believe me, there are things that are just no fun when said in english. Good luck with ur urdu learning. I think you should learn urdu as much as possible, to show to the embassy the strong ties u have with Javed. Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How come Javed doesnt want u to visit????????????

he said 3 reasons...

1.. we would be living at his familys house- we all know how that is < no privacy >

2.. its too hot for me there.

3. we dont have the money right now.

* * this is the prime reason why I got me a J O B!!!!

shon.gif

Trying to update the cheerleading list!!!!!!!

here is what i have so far. if anything is WRONG or whatever let me know so I can UPDATE YOU.

I need everyones help in the matter. This list is support for you! :P

those that have been reunited I OMIT til the final list is compleated. I wanted only those on AR/AP

and those waiting for interviews first!!!!!

AR/AP

Michigan

Omid

Shonjaved-

Dude

ARS

CONS

Danali

A1Atif

Waiting for interviews!!!!

Julieanne – how are you doing kiddo?

Faal4anisa

Ayesha

DLG

Inspired

Hafiz

Sadeeeh??????????

Lashoreee

Fookie

Ae4ever

shon.gif

Timeline

I need some major duas/prayers this weekend please... I called the embassy last night and they said we don't have to wait for the letter since it's questionable whether he'll even get the letter since he's in Afgh. they said to just bring his blue AP letter from the interview day and come one down... he told me what "additional docs" they are needing - 1) all passports (old/expired/current) 2) proof of employment for last 10 yrs, and 3) list of residences for last 10 years... we had answered #2 and #3 on the applications way back when but if they want the answers again, we'll give it to them... I don't know what to make of this... I asked if this should be the last step, he said he wasn't sure but "maybe insha'Allah" - and that if they do give him the visa that he should stick around in ISL for another day to pick it up b/c they understand the long journey involved for people from Afgh... sooooooooooo - the plan is that he's going to get his Paki visa tomorrow, leave for Paki on sunday, and be at the embassy on monday insha'Allah - we've got a "hope for the best and prepare for the worst" mentality at this point so we'll just have to wait and see what happens... insha'Allah insha'Allah insha'Allah :clock:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

AOS/EAD Timeline

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-15-06 - touched

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-15-07 - EAD touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.