aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow it took that long Perdesi? I know both of mine arrived within one week to embassy. Any news on your interview date yet?

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

perdesi,

congradulations on the interview date.

i thought i would email the embassy and get a few questions answered, here is what i emailed them.

i told them that i was working on a k-3 visa,

1. What forms of support do we need? I-134 or I-184? are the orginals needed? or are copies sufficent enough.

2. Does the interview get scheduled as soon as the embassy receives the file?

3. I understand the embassy sends a packet 3.5 to the Beneficiary. What forms are sent along with the Packet 3.5.?

4. Can forms in Packet 3.5, be scanned and then emailed to the embassy to speed up the process of getting an interview?

5. What is the current time frame for receiving an interview?

6. Can you provide me with any other information that will help me in the future to expidite my wife's case

and here are their answers,

1. I-134

2. Yes.

3. K3 applicants get a straight interview letter and asked to bring their letter with them

4. Answer not required to this question.

5. as early as a date is available, roughly 6-8 weeks.

6. cases are not expedited, unless deemed so by our office

thought this might help someone out there.

Timeline

so, let me get this straight.

they will not send my wife a packet 3.5 just a packet 4 which will have all the papers needed and the interview date??

is that what you guys and ladies think?

I hope that offficer gave me the correct information.

Filed: Timeline

Rmash..

for K-3. < packet 3 > not 3.5 not packet 4. your wife will get ONE packet. in this packet will contain a long checkless of things she will need for her interview. this packet will have an interview date already assigned. you need to send her affidavid of support I-134.

so what is the status of I-130? why are you taking the k-3 route?

you know your I-130 must be approved in order to AOS.

the checkless will be clear dont worry about it too mcuh

your interview date will proble be 3 months way out.

but, in order to get a sooner date. once you get the date contact your congressman, they can try to bump up the date. you cant get it bumped til you know what the date is for sure.

shon.gif

Timeline

Rmash,

Just one packet with the interview date and list of things she will need to have with her once her date is set. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

the letter i got from the MSC stated that the k-3 approval notice will expire on 06/21/2006 with is 4 months from the approval date. i dont want the notice expiring and plus, i want to go there for my wife's interview date.

the I-130, i dont know?? :blush: it is at the CSC and have not heard from them yet. I am figuring that it will get approved sometime in july (inshallah) and i hope my wife will be with me here in the states by then.

should i send her the I-134 now or just wait till i m going to go there and take it with me?

thanks for the help

Timeline

Once your approval goes to the embassy they can extend it past the date of 06/21/06 if for some reason that they cannot get your wife an appointment so do not worry about the expiration date on the approval.

I do not think it will be June before you get an interview either so do not worry about that. I think the I-134 you can do either way. Good luck on getting your interview scheduled soon.

the letter i got from the MSC stated that the k-3 approval notice will expire on 06/21/2006 with is 4 months from the approval date. i dont want the notice expiring and plus, i want to go there for my wife's interview date.

the I-130, i dont know?? :blush: it is at the CSC and have not heard from them yet. I am figuring that it will get approved sometime in july (inshallah) and i hope my wife will be with me here in the states by then.

should i send her the I-134 now or just wait till i m going to go there and take it with me?

thanks for the help

do whatever you want. as long as she has the I-134 at the interview. let me give you heads up.

they wont issue K-3 UNLESS the I-130 is approves < NOA2> find out what the hold up is.

the reason why they wont issue K-3 if I-130 is not initally approved is because,

you Must have approved I-130 for AOS. < read the guides >. they will instead put your wife on AR til

its approvable. having said that if I were you make every effect to call around and have your

congressman find out what the hold up is. :yes:

it was 2 weeks ago roughly they were interviewing for May.

maybe you can get May. good luck to you.

Once your approval goes to the embassy they can extend it past the date of 06/21/06 if for some reason that they cannot get your wife an appointment so do not worry about the expiration date on the approval.

I do not think it will be June before you get an interview either so do not worry about that. I think the I-134 you can do either way. Good luck on getting your interview scheduled soon.

oops let me add. expiration on the NOA. is not when they gotta issue the visa.

it mean dead line when you gotta apply for visa. applying means proceed with the paper work like you have done. there is no real date when the embassy has to issue the visa. its up to them.

alot of us have been waiting a year. none of us had to refile I-129f or I-130.

having said all this stuff. I hope we get interview date NOW. our priority date is Feb 18 2005!

shon.gif

Timeline

:( oh my good ness,

are you serious, they will not issue the k-3 visa until the I 1-30 is approved? then what the hell is the I -129 for?

this is not looking good, ummmmm, like i said, the Cali service center is processing I-130s mailed in at sep 2 and mine was sent in dec 8th(noa1).

soo, my options?

call a congressmen and ask if they can speed up the I-130 process?

or have my wife go on AR?

I think i will get a hold of a congressmen today, can they speed up the process at the service centers?

What other options do i have?

thanks a lot for the info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is not true they will not issue K/3 visa until I130. At least I met personally three couples (my own relative) Male USC brought their wives from Pakistan in 2005.

Normally Pakistani women have no issue however there is big problem for Men.

Do not worry. K-3 rocks one of my best friend’s wife came from Pakistan in October/Nov 2005 without approval of I-130.

Their AOS approved in January 2006.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Timeline

:) i get happy and then :( i get sad and now im :) happy again,

aaaaaahhhhhh,, :wacko: this is making me crazy.

i just called the NVC today and they said my case was complete on March 3rd and sent to the embassy march 3rd. is there a way, beside calling or emailing the embassy, to know if they have received it yet?

psoft: you said

It is not true they will not issue K/3 visa until I130. At least I met personally three couples (my own relative) Male USC brought their wives from Pakistan in 2005.

so they are not going to issue or are they going to issue the visa????

from the rest of you post i think you ment, " it is not true they will issue k-3 visa before the I-130 is approved." does this sound right.

thanks for all the replys and help

:( oh my good ness,

are you serious, they will not issue the k-3 visa until the I 1-30 is approved? then what the hell is the I -129 for?

this is not looking good, ummmmm, like i said, the Cali service center is processing I-130s mailed in at sep 2 and mine was sent in dec 8th(noa1).

soo, my options?

call a congressmen and ask if they can speed up the I-130 process?

or have my wife go on AR?

I think i will get a hold of a congressmen today, can they speed up the process at the service centers?

What other options do i have?

thanks a lot for the info.

well what the I-129f is to allow your wife to come to the USA to wait for the Green card to be issued.

thats ALL. typically after I-130 is approved - it can take months for the rest of the process.

so the I-129f < k-3 > was designed for your spouse to wait in the USA for all the process to be finished.

so the USICS designed the K-3 . if the K-3 was really ment to do what it was supposed to do.

All our spouses would have been here to wait out the AR dayum process. but, K-3 really is the biggest joke on the planet. the only people that really will see the K-3 are those that are men bringing a wife.

or those in other nations. but , now the process for the I-130 is speeding up. the average person dont bother with K-3 visa.

ultimately, you will have to make a choice. K-3 and AOS in the USA. or CR1 and be done for 2 years.

we abandoned our k-3 because, congressman said we would see AR but, in the USA.

for that reason I rather wait it out a little bit then get the CR1. really, the CR1 got to the embassy

really fast once we decided to persue it. we had been sitting on CR1 approval since september < my fault> i only I knew to persue things..:( now i woke up. I think bwfore easter - I pray we are done!

oh one thing I forgot to add. if your spouse come on CR1 in 3 years they will get the opportunity to apply for naturalization.

if they arrive on K-3 they get the invite in 5 years. so you might wanna consider this as a factor when persuing k-3 and CR1.

btw, those comming in IR1. you get never have to remove condtions like those people will on CR1.

shon.gif

Timeline

You can go the DHL site and check on all diplomatic packages being mailed to all embassies. It will not say for sure that it is your package.

Go to track results page. http://www.dhl-usa.com

Put in Track by Reference number I-730 and date you think your package mailed.

It will show all that were mailed out on this date to all embassies.

Good luck.

Mary

Imran.

they will NOT issue K-3 if the I-130 does not have inital approval.< noa2 >.

you should know that from self experiance!. READ THE GUIDES. <option # 4 and 4A >

you need a COPY of the approved I-130 in order to file AOS..

for all yall AOS.. TELL him! those that came on K-3 have NOA2 approval.

you must provide the copy.

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.