aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

yes its hard to explain to wife why its taking so long. especially in your situation. But that k3 i dont know it takes anywhere from 4-7 months given everything flows good. lets keep our hopes up.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum WRWB.

Okay, thanks Hafiz30, for your message. I wanted to thank you on the forum, rather than in personal message, for keeping in touch with all Paki's by occasionally sending messages.

Well it has happened to me quite a few times that I get really really frustrated when I think of things that can go wrong which may, ALLAH forbids, delay her arrival here. And I guess this may happen to many going through this process. But everytime I tell myself that this situation is just temporary and I get over it.

But I was reading Psoft's reply in which he mentioned that doctor can cancel or delay medical if applicant is expecting!!!!!!!!!! wow if that happenes, I dont know how will we be able to handle that, because she asks everyday whether I got approval or not???? I tell her it will take just few more weeks, because I think if I tell her its gonna take months before she comes to me, she will just cry day and night, so I always tell her just few more weeks.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is coping with this stress the best they can. I do know some are strgoner than others, but I guess we are not that strong, may ALLAH give all of us strength, AAMEEN.

If they dont move forward very fast with K3s now, i guess I will have to just resign and go to Pakistan and be with her, and come back with her and start new job search.

What was Anil Kapoor thinking when he sang:

Mere pyar main, mere intizaar main, such such kaho tum nay kia kiaaaaaaaa????????

Kabhi bhoola kabhi yaad kiaaaa.......

I guess we dont have the "Kabhi bhoola" part in our stories, we should say:

Tere pyaar main tere intizaar main such such kahoon main nay kia kiaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Nahi bhoola bas yaad kia..................

Well sorry Mr. kapoor for editing your song but if you go through, USCIS, I-130s, I-129Fs, NVC, NOA1s, NOA2s, etc. you will also like our version of this song.

THNAKS. I think when all of our families come here, INSHA ALLAH very soon, we should have a get together. I am inviting all of you in advance, to come visit us in Virginia.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum

dont worry inshallah everything will work out for you. What city is your wife in? If she is in karachi then there are other places she can go for her medical and if there is a doctor that you know thats can do the medical there wont be any problems what so ever. I think we used to have a member IA12 whose wife was expecting at the time of the interview and it worked out in his favor cause he got an early interview date.

so I m sure Allah will make everything good for you and for everyone who is going thru islamabad...ameen

AOA...

Just wanted to add something for you guys...

Please send me your interview experience so I can add your experiences in the page thats showed in my signature.....all of you are welcome to take a look at it.....

good luck to you all!

Hi everyone.

wow!!!!its been a long time since i posted in this site. so much has happened since last time i did. its been six months since my husband got here and its even hard to remember the hellish 15 months that we were apart waiting for his visa. we have so many new members. good to see that mary finally has her visa and sad to see that shon is still waiting on her husbands visa. one thing for everyone once its over its all worth it. this whole process makes you stronger as a couple and makes you appreciate each other more. everything is going okay with me. we have had our shares of good thing and bad things happening. i had a promotion at work and of course bad thing was getting pregnant and having a miscarriage. now my husband is getting ready to take his usmle step 1 exam on the 22nd so he is busy these days with exam and i have more time on my hand to log onto vj. well good luck to everyone. may everyone be reunited soon. good luck. shamaila.

Shamaila and Khalid's visa journey timeline:

wedding: september 10, 2004

I-130 file to TSC: September 29, 2004

I-130 transferred to CSC NOA1: October 6, 2004

I-130 approved: January 26th, 2005

nvc timeline:

case in the system assigns case#: feb 9th, 2005

case completed: may 19th, 2005

case transferred to islamabad: may 31st, 2005

islamabad embassy:

husband receives packet 3.5: june 11th, 2005

husband sends back packet 3.5: july 5, 2005

embassy sends interview letter: july 26th, 2005

interview scheduled for: october 24, 2005

new interview date: september 15, 2005 (5 days after 1st wedding anniversary)

sept. 15, 2005: interview at embassy. 221 (g) for missing doc. and AR, passport kept.

sept. 28, 2005: husband finally received police certificate in hand. alhumdullilah..

10-03-2005: submitted police cert. and fingerprints

On AR: 10-3-05

11/15/05: DOS complete security clearance on my husband. case currently under Officer review in islamabad.

visa issued: 11-22-2005

12-19-2005: POE at ATL. went great. home with extremely happy wife. THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE AT VJ.

Timeline

Shamaila it is good to hear from you too. I am sorry to hear of your loss of pregnancy and wish you all the best for a healthy one in the near future. I love to hear updates and had mentioned to Shon earlier that I had not seen or heard you post and we both were hoping all was well.

It is very hard the separation and we all have some bumps once we are reunited but like you said it does make the bonds much stronger. And it does seem to ease the heartaches and make the worries a thing of the past once you are together and can face life together.

Please take care and post when you can. I come and try and keep up with the friends I have made on VJ and be a cheerleader for the ones that are still in processing. :thumbs:

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Sorry double posted.

Mary

Edited by mianishqsrose

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalam-o-Alaikum WRWB.

Okay, thanks Hafiz30, for your message. I wanted to thank you on the forum, rather than in personal message, for keeping in touch with all Paki's by occasionally sending messages.

Well it has happened to me quite a few times that I get really really frustrated when I think of things that can go wrong which may, ALLAH forbids, delay her arrival here. And I guess this may happen to many going through this process. But everytime I tell myself that this situation is just temporary and I get over it.

But I was reading Psoft's reply in which he mentioned that doctor can cancel or delay medical if applicant is expecting!!!!!!!!!! wow if that happenes, I dont know how will we be able to handle that, because she asks everyday whether I got approval or not???? I tell her it will take just few more weeks, because I think if I tell her its gonna take months before she comes to me, she will just cry day and night, so I always tell her just few more weeks.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is coping with this stress the best they can. I do know some are strgoner than others, but I guess we are not that strong, may ALLAH give all of us strength, AAMEEN.

If they dont move forward very fast with K3s now, i guess I will have to just resign and go to Pakistan and be with her, and come back with her and start new job search.

Mere pyar main, mere intizaar main, such such kaho tum nay kia kiaaaaaaaa????????

Tere pyaar main tere intizaar main such such kahoon main nay kia kiaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Well sorry Mr. kapoor for editing your song but if you go through, USCIS, I-130s, I-129Fs, NVC, NOA1s, NOA2s, etc. you will also like our version of this song.

THNAKS. I think when all of our families come here, INSHA ALLAH very soon, we should have a get together. I am inviting all of you in advance, to come visit us in Virginia.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum

dont worry inshallah everything will work out for you. What city is your wife in? If she is in karachi then there are other places she can go for her medical and if there is a doctor that you know thats can do the medical there wont be any problems what so ever. I think we used to have a member IA12 whose wife was expecting at the time of the interview and it worked out in his favor cause he got an early interview date.

so I m sure Allah will make everything good for you and for everyone who is going thru islamabad...ameen

AOA...

Please send me your interview experience so I can add your experiences in the page thats showed in my signature.....all of you are welcome to take a look at it.....

good luck to you all!

Wsalam brother, sister it is alwyas good to see your posts ...!!! by the way thanks for support ....

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hi everyone.

wow!!!!its been a long time since i posted in this site. so much has happened since last time i did. its been six months since my husband got here and its even hard to remember the hellish 15 months that we were apart waiting for his visa. we have so many new members. good to see that mary finally has her visa and sad to see that shon is still waiting on her husbands visa. one thing for everyone once its over its all worth it. this whole process makes you stronger as a couple and makes you appreciate each other more. everything is going okay with me. we have had our shares of good thing and bad things happening. i had a promotion at work and of course bad thing was getting pregnant and having a miscarriage. now my husband is getting ready to take his usmle step 1 exam on the 22nd so he is busy these days with exam and i have more time on my hand to log onto vj. well good luck to everyone. may everyone be reunited soon. good luck. shamaila.

good to see you posting back Shamaila!!
Shamaila it is good to hear from you too. I am sorry to hear of your loss of pregnancy and wish you all the best for a healthy one in the near future. I love to hear updates and had mentioned to Shon earlier that I had not seen or heard you post and we both were hoping all was well.

It is very hard the separation and we all have some bumps once we are reunited but like you said it does make the bonds much stronger. And it does seem to ease the heartaches and make the worries a thing of the past once you are together and can face life together.

Please take care and post when you can. I come and try and keep up with the friends I have made on VJ and be a cheerleader for the ones that are still in processing. :thumbs:

Mary

Your support and encouragement are always appreciated - thanks VJ-ISL vets for thinking of us!! :luv:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

Assalam-o-Alaikum WRWB.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum

AOA...

good luck to you all!

Wsalam brother, sister it is alwyas good to see your posts ...!!! by the way thanks for support ....

Just in case...My name is Joel :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
omg only 1 month for AR/AP? CRAZY.

who are you talking about?

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum WRWB.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum

hang in there. we all have our melting points. I for sure had mine today. :(

I miss my bingo - I really wish he could be with me too. I have decided to do something.

that is trying to get new amendments passed so that way another family dont have to experiance what we have- being apart for so long. over 10 months of AR/AP is #######. trust me I have been contacting those in areas to make change to try to get somethign effective - I dont want when Javed come here we have to wait like this ever again all because of a freaking name check.

Assalam-o-Alaikum WRWB.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum

AOA...

good luck to you all!

well I will be a monkeys Aunti- joel posted. Hi Joel welcome back to VJ.

how is the baby? :D

Hi everyone.

hi shamaila its good to see you posted. sorry about your loss. :( how are you coping? for me it was very hard. I had 2 back to back losses. what I did was planted a plant for my babies. to rember them. this helped me cope. stay strong ok.

good luck for hubbys exam. (F)

Hi everyone.

good to see you posting back Shamaila!!

Mary

Your support and encouragement are always appreciated - thanks VJ-ISL vets for thinking of us!! :luv:

ditto :thumbs:

its nice to see those before us come back and bring us good vibes....always appreciated for sure..

shon.gif

Filed: Timeline
thanks Shon.....She is doing great alhamdoliallah!

So sorry to see you still waiting for the visa....hope they jump on it pretty quick....

I hope so....please pray for us.

I begged for help- last night. I pray I get that i get the help I asked for..

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone.

sorry on your loss. Stay strong.

Good luck for ur USMLE.

I know its all Nature's decision but wondering how a Dr. 's wife has also gone through this bad phase.

Well, other way round, it makes our beleive stronger that there is SOME SUPREME power who has all the deicisions.

May Allah bless us all. Amen

-Dude

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.