aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
"Your household size includes yourself and the followingin invdiduals, no matter where they live: any spouse, anydependent children under the age of 21, any other dependents listed on your most recent Federal income tax return, allpersons being sponsored in this affidavit of support, and anyimmigrants previously sponsored with a Form I-864 or FormI-864 EZ affidavit of support whom you are still obligated tosupport."

So this is different then the guidelines before?

I mean i dont claim anyone as dependent on my tax forms. So my househould size would be 2(me and my immigrant spouse). Or do i include my parents and siblings who happened to live in the house. Thanks

no -you dont need to claim them if I am correct. unless they religh on you for support.

ask AJ.

shon.gif

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it ok to send in those IRS transcripts ordered over the phone instead of copies of W2's? or do you need both? thanks

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Undecided right now, but I am leaning towards sending her back for CR-1 interview.

wow sqbt, look what difference a month can make. You filed one month before me, and mashallah you got your interview already. This is so cool

sqbt are you planning on doing AOS, or are you sending wife back for cR1 interview.

i am thinking the same thing

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Assalam-o-Alaikum;

dear friends.

I guess its useless to ask how everyone is doing, cuz we know how we are doing!!!!!!! Lonely, kinda frustrated and, if you are in my situation, scared about whats gonna happen if your spouse is not here before your first child comes to this world. Man thats whats making me sooooooo worried, and, in turn, irritated as well. I know hafiz30 is in same situation and I hope mine and his wife come here at least 2 months before delivery date. What I am really scared of is that they give her an interview date in days when she cant really tarvel or stand in lines. I dont know if local airlines in pakistan restrict women from traveling after a certain time in pregnancy. Well lets just pray ALLAH that all of this wraps up verrrrrrrrrry fast and with happy enidngs.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Assalam-o-Alaikum;

dear friends.

I guess its useless to ask how everyone is doing, cuz we know how we are doing!!!!!!! Lonely, kinda frustrated and, if you are in my situation, scared about whats gonna happen if your spouse is not here before your first child comes to this world. Man thats whats making me sooooooo worried, and, in turn, irritated as well. I know hafiz30 is in same situation and I hope mine and his wife come here at least 2 months before delivery date. What I am really scared of is that they give her an interview date in days when she cant really tarvel or stand in lines. I dont know if local airlines in pakistan restrict women from traveling after a certain time in pregnancy. Well lets just pray ALLAH that all of this wraps up verrrrrrrrrry fast and with happy enidngs.

ALLAH HAFIZ

oh god thats what me and my husband was afraid of. I refused to get pregante while in this process.

you know we have been apart for 1 1/2 years. imagine if we had a baby. :( I could not

take the precious moments away from him like that. Plus my pregancy would be high risk. so I would

need him by myside for sure. < I would be on 9 mo. bedrest > :(

you men with PG ladies coming over pregancy is NOT considered a HARDSHIP in the eyes of the USICS or Embassy. in other words they wont expedite anything. :(

so your best bet is wait for those K-3 since you are bringing ladies over to the USA.

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Is it ok to send in those IRS transcripts ordered over the phone instead of copies of W2's? or do you need both? thanks

Better to submit the IRS Transcripts. You can also get these by going to your local IRS Office.

From I-864.....

If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) rather than a photocopy.

Edited by afridi

I-130 Process:

March 13th, 2006 - Sent I-130

March 16th, 2006 - I-130 recieved at VSC.

March 28th, 2006 - Recieved I-130 NOA1

June 23rd, 2006 - I-130 approved

I-129F Process:

March 30th, 2006 - Sent I-129F

April 25th, 2006 - Touched

IMBRA!

Better to submit the IRS Transcripts. You can also get these by going to your local IRS Office.

From I-864.....

If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s). Do not include copies of these Forms if you provide an IRS transcript of your return(s) rather than a photocopy.

welcome Afridi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

please also visit the ISL OFF topics..again welcome..

shon.gif

Timeline

From I-864.....

welcome Afridi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

please also visit the ISL OFF topics..again welcome..

Thanks!!.....Will do.

I-130 Process:

March 13th, 2006 - Sent I-130

March 16th, 2006 - I-130 recieved at VSC.

March 28th, 2006 - Recieved I-130 NOA1

June 23rd, 2006 - I-130 approved

I-129F Process:

March 30th, 2006 - Sent I-129F

April 25th, 2006 - Touched

IMBRA!

Michigan this is for you! Loophole lets immigrants sue for Citizenship

Loophole lets immigrants sue for citizenship

Some applicants proceed without FBI checks, documents show

By Sara A. Carter, Staff Writer

A loophole in the U.S. immigration system is allowing some citizenship applicants to go forward in the naturalization process and receive immigration benefits without complete FBI criminal background checks, according to government documents obtained by the Daily Bulletin.

Applicants for citizenship through the California Service Processing Center in Laguna Niguel frequently are being interviewed for citizenship prior to immigration officials receiving the FBI checks, according to an internal document issued last month by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS. Under federal immigration law, USCIS must receive the FBI check before the interview.

If the interview happens first, applicants can sue for immigration benefits if 120 days pass and the agency has not made a decision on their application. Immigration benefits include citizenship, asylum, lawful permanent residency, employment authorization, refugee status, family and employment-related immigration, and foreign student authorization.

source...

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3724850

shon.gif

Timeline
"Your household size includes yourself and the followingin invdiduals, no matter where they live: any spouse, anydependent children under the age of 21, any other dependents listed on your most recent Federal income tax return, allpersons being sponsored in this affidavit of support, and anyimmigrants previously sponsored with a Form I-864 or FormI-864 EZ affidavit of support whom you are still obligated tosupport."

So this is different then the guidelines before?

I mean i dont claim anyone as dependent on my tax forms. So my househould size would be 2(me and my immigrant spouse). Or do i include my parents and siblings who happened to live in the house. Thanks

If you are not claiming anyone as dependant on your tax form then your household size will be U and your wife. (2).

Tax summary (1040) is enough. Don’t you keep your W2? How do you file your return?

through accountant or turbo tax? If you have an accountant then he must kept your W2 in his record somewhere.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Timeline
The K-3 appointment letter that my wife got from Islamabad just says that "Police Clearance Certificate from the nearest police station" is required.

Three Questions:

1. Does this mean that she needs one from the local police station for every address she has lived at since she was 16?

2. Is the answer to #1 different for K-3 as compared to CR-1? Or the same?

3. Does Islamabad Embassy normally ask to see the Police Clearance?

Thanks!

First of all I would like to clear one thing here is police report issuing authority is (SSP office= Senior Superintendent of police). Karachi is the only city in Pakistan, which got 5 districts every other big city, has only one district like (Lahore, Peshawar)

You need police report if your wife lived in different cities from age of 16. Some times folks live in different address but in the same district.

Ok...so what's the easiest way of getting Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan? Physically go to every police station? Ugh!

The best way to get police report in Pakistan if you have any contacts in Police, Army or APNS use jacks or Quid e Azam.

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Timeline
Assalam-o-Alaikum;

dear friends.

ALLAH HAFIZ

Bro, salam

We all are sailing the same boat. By the way a quick information for you I have no idea did you pay any attention on that point already or not anyway my wife had her medical appointment in first week of May and she told me that lady doctor asked every single female patient prior to her medical about if she is expecting or not the reason of this Q is those high potency vaccination shots. I am not sure about 100% but you may confirm from others as well Doctors postpone the medical if they found visa applicant is expecting.

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.