07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think DOS provides the embassy with the Security advisory opinions and at the end its a consular's decission to issue visas.

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I think DOS provides the embassy with the Security advisory opinions and at the end its a consular's decission to issue visas.

That is true. The embassy makes the final decision on whether to approve or deny a visa. DOS does the security checks and does make a recommendation on how to proceed and the CO is the one with the authority.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks michigan and mianishqsrose...its nice to see you arround Mrs.Mian.., so the approved visas got to DOS or denails also goes to DOS?

After getting the k1 or k3 visa, there is going to be another battel for AOS. that one is as hard as getting the visa. wish you guys all the luck.

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

salams all - hope everyone had a good weekend...

for those who had their interviews recently - wishing you a quick ar/ap insha'Allah...

Lari - congrats - alhamdulilah it will be over soon.

those waiting on prints - i was told that the current processing times are 10-12 weeks for results... call the number Shon gave... that's what I did...

now I have a question, I may have asked this before - forgive me if I have, I can't remember - but once the prints are in, is that when the security checks actually begin? or are they occurring simultaneously??? should I get my hopes up at all at the possibility of having this process over by mid July (when the prints should be done)???

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline

well, I am not sure. But when I called in December Jackie from DOS told me that my finger prints were back, one security clearance was on hold, one cleared and one was pending!

so I am making an asumption that everything is done together to save time. But I know for a fact that if some are pending and one expires they have to do that over again. Also when the DOS is doing clearances, embassy does not do anything else! Just waits till the results get back, not even a field investigation!

I-129 (Brief Version):

I-765 (Brief Version):

I-131

I-130 (Brief)

Filed: Timeline

true! :thumbs:

Thanks michigan and mianishqsrose...its nice to see you arround Mrs.Mian.., so the approved visas got to DOS or denails also goes to DOS?

the CO makes a recommendation for approval or denial. a cable is sent to DOS.

if recommendation for denial < NOID, NOIR > its sent to NVC. I rather not talk about denials.

The visa Adjudication Process- Flow chart

1. The process starts when the applicant schedules a visa interview.

2. Applicant goes to post

3. Us. Embassy./ U.S. consulate- consular section

4. Applicant is reviewed by consular officer and name entered into CLASS. Applicant interviewed at post.

5. Consular officer deterimines if the applicant is eligible to receive the visa, including using discretion to determine if a security advisory option <SAO> maybe needed: this would include looking on the Technology Alert List < TAL> to see if field/ area of study of applicant falls under TAL.

6. If SAO is not needed then…consular officers decide to issue or deny the visa.<<<< the end >>>> OR

7. If SAO is needed…..then Inter- Agency Mantis check. <<<<< shonnie and javed here

8. Security Advisory Opinion prepared and forwarded to post.

9. Consular officer then decides to issue or deny visa to applicant

shon.gif

Timeline

I just read this testimony from the FBI about security clearances! I ama little worried now. So SAOs are prepared and given to embassy if there is derogitory things on ones report :(

Also I just talked to an officer at the embassy, who told me that if the security clearance is done and forwarded to embassy, it takes just a couple of days for them to send a letter out to the applicants and issue them a visa as they have hundreds of thousands of applications and the dont like to sit on applications with out any reason. :wacko: The Officer was nice too!

The funniest thing is that the embassy has no clue about the DOS visa services department! Lol! This the second person I have talked to and has no idea about the DOS 202 663 1225 number and they think I am making this up!

Oh well! I guess we have to wait more!

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm

The information in the file is reviewed for possible derogatory information. Less than 1% of the requests are identified with an individual with possible derogatory information. These requests are forwarded to the appropriate FBI investigative division for further analysis. If the investigative division determines there is no objection to the visa request, the request is returned to the name check dissemination desk for forwarding to the Department of State. If there is an FBI objection to the visa request, the investigative division will prepare a written Security Advisory Opinion (SAO) and forward it to the Department of State. In reviewing these visa requests, the FBI has identified individuals attempting to enter the United States who are of serious concern to the FBI.

I-129 (Brief Version):

I-765 (Brief Version):

I-131

I-130 (Brief)

Thanks for all this infomation...,michigan...,this is very good information...,i'm going to email embassy lets see what they answer i'm hoping the auto answer you all got..hahah..i know they unutten beni zalim..,

tell me do i have to call FBI? for status?? i actually dont know if DOS do this checks or they transfer to FBI? so tell me all security checks transfer to FBI?? or only certain checks? i didnt have full set finger prints..just index.. so do you have any idea?

Thanks for all this infomation...,michigan...,this is very good information...,i'm going to email embassy lets see what they answer i'm hoping the auto answer you all got..hahah..i know they unutten beni zalim..,

tell me do i have to call FBI? for status?? i actually dont know if DOS do this checks or they transfer to FBI? so tell me all security checks transfer to FBI?? or only certain checks? i didnt have full set finger prints..just index.. so do you have any idea?

Ars

you have to WAIT til Embassy send your case to DOS. it takes a while before they send it to DOS

for the security checks. your case may still be under going a local level review. once Embassy submit

the recommendation - a cable is sent to the DOS. then you gotta wait til they are done with the

security checks. read the FLOW chart I put in here. a few VJ entries back.

shon.gif

Ars

you have to WAIT til Embassy send your case to DOS. it takes a while before they send it to DOS

for the security checks. your case may still be under going a local level review. once Embassy submit

the recommendation - a cable is sent to the DOS. then you gotta wait til they are done with the

DOS already got request of one security check on me from embassy..,after 8 days of my interview..

Ars

DOS already got request of one security check on me from embassy..,after 8 days of my interview..

Ars

here is the next steps..

The visa Adjudication Process- Flow chart

1. The process starts when the applicant schedules a visa interview.

2. Applicant goes to post

3. Us. Embassy./ U.S. consulate- consular section

4. Applicant is reviewed by consular officer and name entered into CLASS. Applicant interviewed at post.

5. Consular officer deterimines if the applicant is eligible to receive the visa, including using discretion to determine if a security advisory option <SAO> maybe needed: this would include looking on the Technology Alert List < TAL> to see if field/ area of study of applicant falls under TAL.

6. If SAO is not needed then…consular officers decide to issue or deny the visa.<<<< the end >>>> OR

7. If SAO is needed…..then Inter- Agency Mantis check. <<<<< shonnie and javed here

8. Security Advisory Opinion prepared and forwarded to post.

9. Consular officer then decides to issue or deny visa to applicant

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.