aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I agree Revived with all the questions you are asking too. I was so confused over the AP so long and kept looking at the posts and the time line was not making sense.

Well thats what v r going through n thats what i will put in my time line cuz im still suffering .Please stop questioning unnesary question its not helping since that case has been droped anyways it was just waste of our time n money so its us who got their loss .I myself need more answers to my question.

I was not being nosy and wish you all the best.

Duas

Mary,

ofcourse, u r always tryin' to help. thnx to ur assistance many have found hope.

take loads of cares n loads of duas 4 ya

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ASA All, please tell me the time line once we recive the packet 3.5 from ISL how many days do i have to send it back and the are asking for Orginal Birth Cert, and oher stuff orginal as well, where i am confused is they say that mail the orginal in and bring orginal to the interview as well how would i do that ????

I agree Revived with all the questions you are asking too. I was so confused over the AP so long and kept looking at the posts and the time line was not making sense.

Well thats what v r going through n thats what i will put in my time line cuz im still suffering .Please stop questioning unnesary question its not helping since that case has been droped anyways it was just waste of our time n money so its us who got their loss .I myself need more answers to my question.

I was not being nosy and wish you all the best.

Duas

Mary,

ofcourse, u r always tryin' to help. thnx to ur assistance many have found hope.

akhan4 :bonk: you are stuck man now what will you do :wacko: lol

sorry just kidding Brother just send 3.5 and they will return your original docs with interview letter. so when you will go for interview you will have your original docs. well when i sumbited my 3.5 i remember in Aug2007 and got a reply from embassy through amex after 20 days and got a interview date of Feb2008( that was 6 months, my goodluck ) but the embassy people were so nice they cut one months and reschedule it for me in Jan2008 nd till then my case is pending for AP :bonk: , well dude hope and pray that this kinda ship don't happen to you , and hey do let us know what will happend after you sumbit you 3.5 and hurry up send the packet asap, don't be typical pakistani its not the electricity/telephone bill that you gonna wait for the last date lol :devil: just a joke i hope you don't mind

Timeline
akhan4 :bonk: you are stuck man now what will you do :wacko: lol

sorry just kidding Brother just send 3.5 and they will return your original docs with interview letter. so when you will go for interview you will have your original docs. well when i sumbited my 3.5 i remember in Aug2007 and got a reply from embassy through amex after 20 days and got a interview date of Feb2008( that was 6 months, my goodluck ) but the embassy people were so nice they cut one months and reschedule it for me in Jan2008 nd till then my case is pending for AP :bonk: , well dude hope and pray that this kinda ship don't happen to you , and hey do let us know what will happend after you sumbit you 3.5 and hurry up send the packet asap, don't be typical pakistani its not the electricity/telephone bill that you gonna wait for the last date lol :devil: just a joke i hope you don't mind

hey ybutt (from family immi u have the same id!?!)

yo' our time line is so freaken similiar..

we submitted our's near Aug 2007 as well and our interview was in Dec (after FIVE MONS!).. now ppl get interviews w/in a month...

unfortunatley we both r stuck in AP.. though a mon apart our cases r ... but lagta hai mujay in logon kay iraday phelay sey hi kharab thay re us ...LOL kiddin'..

duas brother,

PS y do i think we wil hear good news next month? ALLAH tallah plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz=))

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Mary,

Revived, Thanks for the Duas very much appreciated.

we submitted our's near Aug 2007 as well and our interview was in Dec (after FIVE MONS!).. now ppl get interviews w/in a month...

Wow that was a long wait for a K interview we got stuck waiting 6 months on our CR-1 and now it does appear to move faster. ybutt waited 6 months on his CR-1 too.

ASA All, please tell me the time line once we recive the packet 3.5 from ISL how many days do i have to send it back and the are asking for Orginal Birth Cert, and oher stuff orginal as well, where i am confused is they say that mail the orginal in and bring orginal to the interview as well how would i do that ????

akhan4,

As far as I know there is no time frame on how long to submit the documentation back to the embassy. I went the CR-1 route and we submitted the documents and they gave back the originals at the interview. I would make copies of everything if you do submit the originals so you have something to prove you already sent the information to them. Maybe someone that went the K-3 route will tell you how they submitted their documents.

Good luck.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Mary,

Revived, Thanks for the Duas very much appreciated.

Wow that was a long wait for a K interview we got stuck waiting 6 months on our CR-1 and now it does appear to move faster. ybutt waited 6 months on his CR-1 too.

akhan4,

As far as I know there is no time frame on how long to submit the documentation back to the embassy. I went the CR-1 route and we submitted the documents and they gave back the originals at the interview. I would make copies of everything if you do submit the originals so you have something to prove you already sent the information to them. Maybe someone that went the K-3 route will tell you how they submitted their documents.

Good luck.

well they prolly took long @ embassy cuz .. from filing (w/USCIS) to embassy the process took lil less than 3 mons... they prolly wanted to abide by their 6-8mon time line for K visas LOLOL...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a couple questions.

So just to be clear right now we only have the NOA1, and I'm trying to get all the other documents together. I'm trying to follow LingChe's NVC shortcut page (http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut).

It says that the birth certificate of the beneficiary should have BOTH the father and mother's name, but my wife checked and her birth certificate only has her father's name on it. Do you think this will be a problem?

The second thing is, we're trying to get a police certificate ahead of time, and so far the police office has said they need to see a letter from the embassy first. Is there some way to get around this? What if we showed them a filled in DS3032 (even though we haven't received an actual packet yet)?

Just wondering how you guys did all this...

Thanks!

Timeline
Hey guys, I have a couple questions.

So just to be clear right now we only have the NOA1, and I'm trying to get all the other documents together. I'm trying to follow LingChe's NVC shortcut page (http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut).

It says that the birth certificate of the beneficiary should have BOTH the father and mother's name, but my wife checked and her birth certificate only has her father's name on it. Do you think this will be a problem?

The second thing is, we're trying to get a police certificate ahead of time, and so far the police office has said they need to see a letter from the embassy first. Is there some way to get around this? What if we showed them a filled in DS3032 (even though we haven't received an actual packet yet)?

Just wondering how you guys did all this...

Thanks!

dun b gettin' the police clearance b4 time since it has an expiration date .. shuld b the last thing on ur list

lucks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mary and Mian,

Where did you get the information about traveling outside of the country while on AP? My fiance is getting ready to travel and we have asked DOS several times. They insist that it doesnt affect anything, but I dont quite believe them. I would appreciate any info you can give us. thanks, robin

Hi mary,Well i wished i knew the answer y or what happend .Cuz whenever v called n asked them bout case there answer was always "Case pending" and wait for our call ".They never called but v kept calling so without any valid reason they just put almost all Males in AP :( But once ur in u shouldnt b in AP again thats what i heard.Best wishes and please pray for us that v go thorugh this hard time easily i mean all of us at visa journey r going through heart aches:( Best wishes to all.

I do pray daily for everyone going through the immigration process at Islamabad. I am concerned since they say the case is pending and yet they said if you got the passport back they would close the case. Have you called DOS? I would call DOS and just ask for information on your case? Ask them the status of ISL200XXXXXXXXXXX? If they say in AP ask them when was the last time any updates? I know if you travel outside of your country when in AP it automatically makes the information that you provided at the time of the interview obsolete. So the checks that were done are not valid anymore. This is why I say do not travel with a passport while in AP.

Good luck dear and I am so sorry that you are waiting this long.

Filed: Timeline
Mary and Mian,

Where did you get the information about traveling outside of the country while on AP? My fiance is getting ready to travel and we have asked DOS several times. They insist that it doesnt affect anything, but I dont quite believe them. I would appreciate any info you can give us. thanks, robin

Hi mary,Well i wished i knew the answer y or what happend .Cuz whenever v called n asked them bout case there answer was always "Case pending" and wait for our call ".They never called but v kept calling so without any valid reason they just put almost all Males in AP :( But once ur in u shouldnt b in AP again thats what i heard.Best wishes and please pray for us that v go thorugh this hard time easily i mean all of us at visa journey r going through heart aches:( Best wishes to all.

I do pray daily for everyone going through the immigration process at Islamabad. I am concerned since they say the case is pending and yet they said if you got the passport back they would close the case. Have you called DOS? I would call DOS and just ask for information on your case? Ask them the status of ISL200XXXXXXXXXXX? If they say in AP ask them when was the last time any updates? I know if you travel outside of your country when in AP it automatically makes the information that you provided at the time of the interview obsolete. So the checks that were done are not valid anymore. This is why I say do not travel with a passport while in AP.

hello all ,

first of all sorry for writing here but being pakistani i think i can write here , i came to usa on IR1 visa, i need to know how much time does it take to get welcome letter and how much time does it take to get green card , and is there any way i can track /trace my welcome letter/green card

help will be greatly appreciated

thank you all

Timeline

Hello Robin,

When you fill out your paperwork at the time of the interview it asks for your travel information. If you go in AP and then travel that makes the information voided. Plus, any checks on travels that cleared could be asked for again before the visa is issued since you moved around during the AP time.

Some persons do travel but my thing is if you are a Pakistani national and already under such scrutiny they are going to look at your case more closely than say a person from Iceland or another country that only has AP for maybe less than one week. The T countries have more sticter checks perioid.

Mary and Mian,

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
hello all ,

first of all sorry for writing here but being pakistani i think i can write here , i came to usa on IR1 visa, i need to know how much time does it take to get welcome letter and how much time does it take to get green card , and is there any way i can track /trace my welcome letter/green card

help will be greatly appreciated

thank you all

Hello Dusk,

Welcome to the USA. Usually the green card arrives 4 -6 weeks after the POE. If you do not get it by then you need to contact 1-800-375-5283 USCIS and they may have you fill out an I-90 form. If you do this since the card is missing or never received the cost should be 0. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Filing Fee if you are filing because:

• You never received your Permanent Resident Card; or

• Your Permanent Resident Card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error;

Then there is no fee required. Please review the Where to File Instructions, below, if you are filing for these reasons. Total filing fee = $0.

Good luck.

Timeline
Called DoS yesterday......Pending AP

When was last Updated .......Can't tell you

Thank you :bonk:

"mysterious AP" lol at least they told u it's pending AP , na bataty tu??

good lucks man,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.