aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
So normally how many days they take to review the local documents?

Weeks and depends on their workload it can be two or three or longer. No set time for this part of the process either.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
So normally how many days they take to review the local documents?

Weeks and depends on their workload it can be two or three or longer. No set time for this part of the process either.

Hey Mary!

How have you been? It has been so long since I last came on this board. I do not even remember when.

Did your husband make it to the states yet?

My wife's green card is about to expire. Does anyone know who I contact to have a new one issued?

Edited by Adil.Khan

Timeline

Hello Adil,

It has been ages since I saw you online. I am trying to remember your case and need to ask some questions? Which visa did your wife come over on?

If she came over and has a CR-1 then she needs to file to lift conditions and get a 10 year greencard. If she already has a 10 year green card follow these instructions.

How Do I Apply to Renew My Permanent Resident Card?

If you are a lawful permanent resident whose ten-year I-551 has expired or will expire within the next six months, you may renew your card by filing an Form I-90.

A Form I-90 can be downloaded from this site, or ordered by calling the Forms request line at 1 (800) 870-3676, or by submitting a request on-line. After receiving Form I-90, read it carefully. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for the Form I-90.

Applicants may also file Form I-90 on-line using an Internet connection. Please see Introduction to E-Filing for more information.

If she did not have a 10 year green card yet she will need to file to lift conditions (this is the stage Mian is in now) and will have to submit an I-751 packet.

Please note: If you are a Conditional Resident and your status is expiring, these instructions do not pertain to you. You are to use Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

All quotes come from the http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Nice seeing you around and good luck on this journey your about to begin.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Adil, I am almost sure your wife has a 2 year card. You need to follow this link and file an I-751 for your wife a 10 year green card. If you have to file through Vermont be prepared for a 11 -13 month wait. If you are lucky and file at the California center it is around 4 -6 months for an approval; just remember to be patient.

We are almost to the point we can file for citizenship and will probably have this process started before our I-751 is approved and card in hand (Vermont here).

I had to sign out for the kids homework and your ID did not show your time line when I tried to access it. Disregard the 10 year renewal information since the time had elapsed I could not modify the original post.

Timeline

Adil, I am almost sure your wife has a 2 year card. You need to follow this link and file an I-751 for your wife a 10 year green card. If you have to file through Vermont be prepared for a 11 -13 month wait. If you are lucky and file at the California center it is around 4 -6 months for an approval; just remember to be patient.

We are almost to the point we can file for citizenship and will probably have this process started before our I-751 is approved and card in hand (Vermont here).

I had to sign out for the kids homework and your ID did not show your time line when I tried to access it. Disregard the 10 year renewal information since the time had elapsed I could not modify the original post.

It is going to be two years, since my wife came on the CR-1 visa. It has been such a long time. I remember those old days when I used to come here and be stressed out and try to find ways to shorten the depression of the time without my wife. :)

I was not aware of the I-751 form. My wife's green card expires March 27 of this year. She wants to visit her parents in Pakistan until the end of April.

This applies to us: If you are a Conditional Resident and your status is expiring, these instructions do not pertain to you. You are to use Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

You said it takes 4-6 months if it is applied to the CA service center and 11-13 months for the Vermont service center. This is a long time. What should I do? Am I too late?

Can my wife not travel now because of the expiring residential card?

P.S. My time line no longer shows because I had to get a whole new login, since they removed my old one. It was probably because I had not signed in for a long time.

Edited by Adil.Khan

Timeline

Hello Everyone..

I need some help regarding my case.

My wife is a green card holder(LPR) and she applied for my petition I130 back in Jan 07 on CSC. From that day till Jan 2009(This month) my case was pending. On Jan 09, I recieved update from USCIS through email that my case was now being processed and send to NBC for further processing, they will let me know if a decission is made or they further require any other document... Any one knows the overall procedure and how much more time will be required for and interview being Scheduled? I think they will send approval notice first NOA2 before sending my details to NVC? please correct me if I am wrong and a detailed process will be very helpful. Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130? since my wife is not a citizen, I cannot submit I485 at the moment till my visa number becomes available.. any other information?

Quaid did you filed for V nonIV i guess i read about that on USCIS's website, well if you will just wait for IV then you will become Quaid-e-Azam :D just a joke but the point is it will take years and then if you are stuck in AP then only GOD can help you.anyways best of luck to you. and sorry i don't know how thing work at NVC but you can check the guides on this website and www.familybasedimmigratation.com

what you haven't received any NOA2 yet i guess you should wait for that or ask your wife to make some calls to uscis and if you and your wife don't know about how things work i suggestion hire a lawyer yeah they take fees and also take away your tensions and save time or let me give you another option there is a lady on this forum Mary&Main keep in touch with her she is no less than any lawyer.

and next time give more info abut your case like

for how long your wife has been LPR???

when you filed for I-130???

and other related info

Edited by ybutt20

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is going to be two years, since my wife came on the CR-1 visa. It has been such a long time. I remember those old days when I used to come here and be stressed out and try to find ways to shorten the depression of the time without my wife. :)

I was not aware of the I-751 form. My wife's green card expires March 27 of this year. She wants to visit her parents in Pakistan until the end of April.

This applies to us: If you are a Conditional Resident and your status is expiring, these instructions do not pertain to you. You are to use Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

You said it takes 4-6 months if it is applied to the CA service center and 11-13 months for the Vermont service center. This is a long time. What should I do? Am I too late?

P.S. My time line no longer shows because I had to get a whole new login, since they removed my old one. It was probably because I had not signed in for a long time.

Salam Adil,

Its been long time no see, well my wife green card expiring on March as well coz she got CR1 also but no worries, when you file form I-751 and you get NOA1 and then you will another letter saying this will surve as 1 year extension to your green card which you can use it to travel along with ur expire green card and yeh I know the process for I-751 takes about 6 months so thats why they issue temporary extension. hope this help

Timeline
Thank all of you for your opinions. Zayd I agree with you too. I think we will have a private ceremony and then have a reception to invite everyone. I think this would be best for everyone.

Deam Love most likely yes in Louisville , PM me.

I would elaborate more but i got to get ready for work. Again, thank all you!

Hello~Well as some of you know we got our NOA2. I am wondering which one did most of you go with K3 or CR1?

Mahitab which one are you going with?

Edited by ♥ Zain ♥ Fariha ♥

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Timeline
Hello Everyone..

I need some help regarding my case.

My wife is a green card holder(LPR) and she applied for my petition I130 back in Jan 07 on CSC. From that day till Jan 2009(This month) my case was pending. On Jan 09, I recieved update from USCIS through email that my case was now being processed and send to NBC for further processing, they will let me know if a decission is made or they further require any other document... Any one knows the overall procedure and how much more time will be required for and interview being Scheduled? I think they will send approval notice first NOA2 before sending my details to NVC? please correct me if I am wrong and a detailed process will be very helpful. Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130? since my wife is not a citizen, I cannot submit I485 at the moment till my visa number becomes available.. any other information?

Hello Quaid,

Your case has been moved to another service center, NBC = Nebraska Service Center from CSC = California Service Center. This is the service center that will be in contact with your wife if they have any questions and will make the decision of approval or denial on your case. You are correct that once your case is approved you will receive a NOA2 and then it will be sent to to NVC = National Visa Center.

Since your wife is an LPR she is having to wait on a visa number to become available to you and it does take time. My understanding is you fall in the F2 category of FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent

Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

2A with a 01JUN04 date that they are working on now. So your date will be a couple of years from now if I understand this correct. I am not a lawyer and just have done lots of research and been on this journey myself.

Current Visa Bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4417.html this should be your guide on how your priority date changes.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...pes_1306.html#3 This explains the overview on getting your visa.

Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130?
NO you cannot do this until they are ready for you to submit any documentation and you do not have an approved case as of yet. Usually the NVC does not get your case until they are getting ready to start the processing on it and it most cases it can be a year before the actual start of work on the case. It is putting you in line for the next step once your number does become available.

Also, if your wife gets citizenship she can get your case moved to USC status and you would not need to wait for a visa number to become available to you.

Good luck and hope the information is helpful.

Timeline
Well my wife green card expiring on March as well coz she got CR1 also but no worries, when you file form I-751 and you get NOA1 and then you will another letter saying this will surve as 1 year extension to your green card which you can use it to travel along with ur expire green card and yeh I know the process for I-751 takes about 6 months so thats why they issue temporary extension. hope this help

Salaam Adil,

You need to file for your wife's lifting of conditions 90 days before her green card expires. Once you submit the forms and fees to your center they should issue you a NOA 1. There have been many issues with the VSC (we were one of the lucky one's no NOA) that did not get a NOA and had to travel to our local office which was Atlanta GA for a passport stamp to extend his status since we did not have an extension. I would not have your wife travel until you has a NOA or passport stamp and had her biometrics done. Once these are done she can travel without any problems because if she misses the biometrics they can say she abandoned the case and close the file and she will be stuck out of the states without any green card and you would need to refile for her once again. NOA and expired green card or passport stamp should suffice after the biometrics are done.

Check out the guides here and look around in the Lifting of Conditons forum. I come around there and check to see the status of VSC filers.

Timeline

Now that I'm finally here, another journey has begun and I realize I'm a amateur on VJ once again.

On their website it says the SSN will be sent to me... I don't have to do anything. Someone else told me I have to apply for it with AOS. What needs to be done here?

Thank you for any help.

I know this thread is only for people going through the Islamabad Embassy at the moment, but it's the only group I can identify with... and of course, it's a thread Mary visits :)

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline
Well my wife green card expiring on March as well coz she got CR1 also but no worries, when you file form I-751 and you get NOA1 and then you will another letter saying this will surve as 1 year extension to your green card which you can use it to travel along with ur expire green card and yeh I know the process for I-751 takes about 6 months so thats why they issue temporary extension. hope this help

Salaam Adil,

You need to file for your wife's lifting of conditions 90 days before her green card expires. Once you submit the forms and fees to your center they should issue you a NOA 1. There have been many issues with the VSC (we were one of the lucky one's no NOA) that did not get a NOA and had to travel to our local office which was Atlanta GA for a passport stamp to extend his status since we did not have an extension. I would not have your wife travel until you has a NOA or passport stamp and had her biometrics done. Once these are done she can travel without any problems because if she misses the biometrics they can say she abandoned the case and close the file and she will be stuck out of the states without any green card and you would need to refile for her once again. NOA and expired green card or passport stamp should suffice after the biometrics are done.

Check out the guides here and look around in the Lifting of Conditons forum. I come around there and check to see the status of VSC filers.

Wa-Salaam,

If I file now, how long would it take to get the first NOA, and the biometrics done?

Her green card expires March 27th, and we want to leave at the end of Feb or first week of March.

Timeline

Salam Adil,

Its been long time no see, well my wife green card expiring on March as well coz she got CR1 also but no worries, when you file form I-751 and you get NOA1 and then you will another letter saying this will surve as 1 year extension to your green card which you can use it to travel along with ur expire green card and yeh I know the process for I-751 takes about 6 months so thats why they issue temporary extension. hope this help

Wa- Salaam,

Wow, long time no see. How has everything been? Did you file your wife's I-751 yet, infinitboy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.