aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dhobee,

Thanks for the WOM information. I knew GOGO had been having issues and am glad to hear that it was resolved. I am sorry to also hear that you are getting the canned response from DOS concerning your visa. I would not get too upset at this time since the operators have scripts to read from when someone calls them. Hopefully, your visa will be delivered soon, remember EID was earlier this week so they were shut down for the holidays.

VisaVictim,

Thanks for sharing and am glad to hear that someone has a possible trick to get a hold of someone live with Islamabad. I always hated trying to get a live person when we were in processing. Many sleepless nights and only got thru maybe twice.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a family member who had her interview today in Islamabad, so i thought it might help some of you here. She got the visa. They told her to pick up the visa from some place in about a week. They didn't even ask her any questions. Only asked if she had wedding pictures, but didnt even look at them. They didnt ask for any documents either. Her husband was there with her and they also have a baby which was there with them too, so maybe thats why they didn't question or put on AP. Hope this helps with some of you guys that have interviews coming up. Inshallah none of us will get on AP. Good Luck!

Timeline

Hi Everyone ....

Here is an update on our case. On November 20, 2008 they did a field investigation on Waheed. Then on Friday the embassy called him asking for the phone numbers of our wedding witnesses and of his Ex-Fiancee. He had a fiancee visa to the UK many years ago but thier relationship did not work out. They decided not to marry so he came back home to Pakistan. I was really happy to hear that there is some activity at the Islamabad Embassy. :thumbs:

Hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays (F)

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline
Hi Everyone ....

Here is an update on our case. On November 20, 2008 they did a field investigation on Waheed. Then on Friday the embassy called him asking for the phone numbers of our wedding witnesses and of his Ex-Fiancee. He had a fiancee visa to the UK many years ago but thier relationship did not work out. They decided not to marry so he came back home to Pakistan. I was really happy to hear that there is some activity at the Islamabad Embassy. :thumbs:

Hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays (F)

peace

~kris

Hello Kris,

That is very good news and thanks for the update.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks SIBTAIN & Mary

We are still waiting for our elusive visa :ph34r:

When we first started AP in July the embassy had requested some documentation about a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy I had filed several years ago. We provided that right after his interview. Now we have moved into a field investigation. However, we did expect this because of Waheed's previous Fiancee visa. We just didn't know that they would wait four and a half months to start looking at that. We could have provided this information at our interview. I am certain his previous visa threw up a red flag long before our case got to Islamabad.

So many people waiting months if not years just to scrape thier way through this broken process to obtain thier visa. When consideration for the human beings involved in the process is removed ..... it becomes INHUMANE.

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kris,

This is good news. Any move forward from the embassy sounds like a good move to me... it's better than the dormancy, right?

People, should I be worried?

It has been 18 days since my interview (8 business days) and I still don't have my passport back. Someone on VJ had their interview the same I had mine and they received their visa 6 business days later, MashAllah. Zidane had her interview two days before me... she has her visa and is in fact already in the US, MashAllah.

I wrote an email to the embassy, they told me to wait 7-10 days for my visa.

I called the embassy, they really have no clue what they're talking about... and basically told me to go to the blinking blazes. :ranting:

I've been calling AMEX everyday, they're way nicer than the embassy folks but have not received anything yet.

:girlwerewolf2xn:

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline

dhobee,

I would wait and if another 10 business days go by I would be concerned. I would go from the date of the email from Islamabad that is telling you to wait date. I would also call DOS here in the USA and see what information is showing on your case. I am so sorry to read that your in the waiting game yet. You sure have waited long enough already.

Kris,

This is good news. Any move forward from the embassy sounds like a good move to me... it's better than the dormancy, right?

It has been 18 days since my interview (8 business days) and I still don't have my passport back. Someone on VJ had their interview the same I had mine and they received their visa 6 business days later, MashAllah. Zidane had her interview two days before me... she has her visa and is in fact already in the US, MashAllah.

I called the embassy, they really have no clue what they're talking about... and basically told me to go to the blinking blazes. :ranting:

I've been calling AMEX everyday, they're way nicer than the embassy folks but have not received anything yet.

Edited by MaryandMian

Timeline

Hi dhobee

I hope you will get it in the next couple of days :thumbs: .... maybe the delay because of the holidays. Ahhhhhh.... you must be so excited :P

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/18/2016 Check Cashed

Timeline

Dhobee,

Differences in wait time for visa delivery vary for many reasons (e.g. distance from Islamabad, any additional review on the case or document verification, even potentially time of interview if yours was later it may not have gotten on the same shipment out). Also, the embassy was on very light staff last week due to the short week and delayed some processing.

And by the way, AMEX will of course be nicer than the embassy. AMEX is a private company that is built on customer service. Embassies and other government entities are run by bureaucrats who don't need to be nice. They know you will need them and can not say anything about their mistreatment.

Zayd

Kris,

Edited by Zayd

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Hello to All!

Here is an update regarding my case 2 weeks before i sent the expidition request to DOS.

I got the investigation like waheed :star:

Today i got call from islamabad embassy a guy was taking my telephonic interview he was investigating our marraige and papers my location my jobs my family members and so many things.

I replied each n everything rightly with no stress and told him the true answers which i have already written in the forms.

What does it mean why they r investigating?

Is this s good sign?

Plz explain it according to ur knowldge?

Thanx

Timeline

Sibstain,

A call from the embassy concerning an investigation is both good and bad. Its good because it means they are actually working on your case and not just sitting on it. Its bad because the investigation means they have doubts or concerns about what you told them. Depending on how many questions they asked and concerning what can give insight into different things. They may have doubts about the bona fides of your relationship; its hard to tell since you did not go into too much detail about what they asked. Doubts on the bona fides of a relationship can be one of the hardest to prove because sometimes no matter what you show, they may never be convinced.

Also a field investigation does not mean you have no pending security checks. They may be doing both simultaneously due to the expedite. You should try calling DOS and see what information you get about any security checks. Even with an expedite to DOS, they may not be able to speed these up since they are handled by other government agencies.

Hello to All!

Here is an update regarding my case 2 weeks before i sent the expidition request to DOS.

I got the investigation like waheed :star:

Today i got call from islamabad embassy a guy was taking my telephonic interview he was investigating our marraige and papers my location my jobs my family members and so many things.

I replied each n everything rightly with no stress and told him the true answers which i have already written in the forms.

What does it mean why they r investigating?

Is this s good sign?

Plz explain it according to ur knowldge?

Thanx

National Visa Center

POE - 2008-12-29

Timeline

Dhobee, it may give you peace of mind as Mary recommended to call DOS. It is not entirely unheard of for Islamabad to put someone on AP even after telling them they were approved and asked to submit their passport. Let me stress it is VERY unlikely it is the case but it may help you to relax to know everything is fine. They would also be able to tell you if the visa was printed (and maybe if the passport was sent out via AMEX).

Edited to reduce length.

Edited by Zayd

National Visa Center

POE - 2008-12-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.