aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would contact them and ask for an update to see if they have processed your visa into your passport. Also, you need to bring your chest xray to the USA. You do not need it for the POE but you give it to the doctor you will use in the USA.

Still waiting for my passport as i have submitted on 4 nov and my AP got cleared on 27 oct after 6 months. They didn't call me cuz i knew they won't, so i did and ask that my AP is cleared and he was like yeah submit your passport which i did. After 7 days i ask did you got my passport and he was like well its not updated in our system let me do that, So from that day the count down started and I'm expecting to get the passport by 29 nov as it will be 15 days. What you think guys or should i call the embassy and find out about whats going?

Ok and one another question is do i have to take the Xray with me on the way to states or just leave it here? I'm on K3 visa.

Thanks

Saqib

dhobee I will be praying for you and think positive.

Zidane Congratulations!

Congrats Zidane,

You make it look so simple MashAllah.

People, PLEASE pray for me... we've been in this game longer than anyone else here... and here I am, with my own red flags...

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yea good luck! :thumbs:

Question guys! Does Pak Embassy ask for cenomar(Certificate of no marriage) from K1 beneficiary?

NO!

just make sure u take ur pics, and other proofs (emails, phone etc.)

We reached the convention centre around 6 15 am. There was already a line of cars outside the gates which were closed. So you have to get out and walk inside. There was already a line outside the ticket counter at 6 30 am and I was able to get the ticket for the first bus that left.

At the embassy there was initially finger printing, then they asked for the medical report, and then the filing fee. Finally I got the call for the interview.

The interviewer was an American and very nice. He asked me just a few questions:

Who is calling you?

Was this an arranged marriage?

Where did you two meet?

What are his best qualities?

Then he said congratulations and everything is in order. He said I should get a call in 10 day from AMEX to pick up my passport!

One confusing thing though: He did take a verbal oath from me but he did not ask me to sign the DS 230 Part 2. And I also forgot about it till I had left the embassy. I hope this won't be a problem.

Congrats/ Mubarak!

duas,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

congraaaaaaaaaaaaaat

don worry everything will b okay inshalla u will get a good news very sooon

again congrates and so happy for YOU ziadene my prayesrs wid yOu

wish U all the best

and Dhobee Dont U worryy about anything

I Must knwo u will get ur visa same day...................InshalALlah..............

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline

FaisalShirin4eva browneyedgirl MaryandMian revived subatian dhobee

thx and JazakALlah for for prays and wishes...................................THX alot for your courage and appreciation

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline

And Ziadene DS-230 part 2 is not required for k-3 so dont YOu worry

when U will go USa then u have to sign DS-230 part 2 there

so dont YOU worry.............................

Edited by Rabi

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Guys!

I m looking that those applicants which has given thier interviews from october,08 to so on is getting shorter AP,like they r gaettting maximum 90 days AP.

Plz help me in this research that how many bros. and sisters have gotten AP from Oct,08 to so on.

I forget over here who is in AP since 20 months or longer?.So plz if someone has AP more than 20months or over plz tell me abt his/her interview,I just wanna study his/her case.

Plz post that one interview.

Thanx.And best of luck for the rest of the applicants who r waiting for their interviews.

Edited by SIBTAIN

Quick question, guys, my wife is expecting, and would like to have her mother here when she delivers. Which forms do i use to apply

thanks,

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam everyone,

On my way to Islamabad, will have the interview 2moro morning inshAllah.

I know I am making this very dramatic... but well...

Please pray they don't put me in AP. P-L-E-A-S-E!!!

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline

Best of luck dhobee my best wishes r with u.

GUD take kare of ur self

DOnt u WOIrry i know U will get u r visa same day,,,,

PM me if u get ur visa ......................................................................

My prayers wid you

Tomorow mymedical prauys for me toooooooooooooo report shuld be clear pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Timeline
Salam everyone,

On my way to Islamabad, will have the interview 2moro morning inshAllah.

I know I am making this very dramatic... but well...

Please pray they don't put me in AP. P-L-E-A-S-E!!!

Dhobee,

loads of duas , i'A u will not b put on AP

Rabi,

u r next=) i'A all will go good 4 u too .. bhoot sari duas

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Guys salam to all!

Here i m gonna give you good news to all AP fellows which is as follows,

A common question we receive is, How long does it take to complete a visa request name check? As shown on these graphs, 80 to 93% are completed in 30 days. For both types of visa requests, 97-98% of the requests are resolved in 120 days. Most name check requests that are over 30 days old are the result of the time required to retrieve and review field office record information. Some delay occurs at substantive analysts' desks, but this is to be expected. These analysts are assigned to the investigative divisions and are primarily assigned to the analysis of intelligence reports from around the world in order to support on-going investigations, or to support the flow of intelligence to policy makers. Despite these significant and voluminous responsibilities, these are the best professionals to review information in our records and to then make an informed decision on whether a requester of a visa represents a threat to our homeland, or is interested in illegally acquiring our targeted technology. Nevertheless, as I stated earlier, the FBI's resolves 98% of all types of visa requests within 120 days.

I got this info from FBI name check process website.But here i wanna mention one more thing that 98% cases resolves by FBI's within 120 days and rest of the 2% can take longer and has no time period.

As far as my search concern i have seen since august 2008 70% to 80% cases have solved with in 90days.

So guys just cheer up and pray for all! Once again best of luck for those who r waiting for thier interviews.

Allah Hafiz

Timeline
Guys salam to all!

Here i m gonna give you good news to all AP fellows which is as follows,

A common question we receive is, How long does it take to complete a visa request name check? As shown on these graphs, 80 to 93% are completed in 30 days. For both types of visa requests, 97-98% of the requests are resolved in 120 days. Most name check requests that are over 30 days old are the result of the time required to retrieve and review field office record information. Some delay occurs at substantive analysts' desks, but this is to be expected. These analysts are assigned to the investigative divisions and are primarily assigned to the analysis of intelligence reports from around the world in order to support on-going investigations, or to support the flow of intelligence to policy makers. Despite these significant and voluminous responsibilities, these are the best professionals to review information in our records and to then make an informed decision on whether a requester of a visa represents a threat to our homeland, or is interested in illegally acquiring our targeted technology. Nevertheless, as I stated earlier, the FBI's resolves 98% of all types of visa requests within 120 days.

I got this info from FBI name check process website.But here i wanna mention one more thing that 98% cases resolves by FBI's within 120 days and rest of the 2% can take longer and has no time period.

As far as my search concern i have seen since august 2008 70% to 80% cases have solved with in 90days.

So guys just cheer up and pray for all! Once again best of luck for those who r waiting for thier interviews.

Allah Hafiz

FYI

FBI is not the only agency who runs these checks there r several checks requested from several agencies... (right Mary?!.. she is a pro at this) so they r not the only one to be blamed for delays. At times because the name is so common one has to manually lookup the applicant... which is often causing delay.

Lately there has been a trend of visa issuance to Males @ the day of interview.. which if i count are handful but indeed in near past.. mayb there is a a CO or two who is v generous LOL.Also i heard ISL Staff changes during Fall.. mayb it's the new staff....... I hope it remains the same and all of you get ur visas soon.

Edited by Revived

Revived may be u r right but first of all FBI is the main agency who is doing this process and if there is any other agency then it is just abt Name checks(AP).So we just have to focus on name check issue.

If u have any confusion abt it u can just check it out FBI website and in this you will come to know abt the main role of FBI,other agencies can be involved but if there is a need to review the case in more depth.

Well here is one more infoand this is report of CNN.

Hi!

Guys this is very important info for all AP fellows and speacially for those who are in AP since 1 to 3 years.

Plz read it carefully and then u can understand the present situation.

3:26 p.m. EDT, Mon June 9, 2008

Report: FBI's immigration checks too slowStory Highlights

Watchdog agency: Old technology among reasons background checks are delayed

Checks also are unreliable, Justice Department inspector general says

FBI blames backlog on increased demands after 2001 terrorist attacks

Next Article in U.S. »

From Terry Frieden

CNN Justice Producer

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- FBI background checks of potential U.S. immigrants are slow and unreliable, the Justice Department's internal watchdog agency said in a highly critical report Monday.

Justice Department Inspector Glenn Fine says the FBI's processes to check names rely on outdated technology.

"The FBI's name check processes are inefficient and untimely, rely on outdated technology and provide little assurance that pertinent and derogatory information is being retrieved and transmitted to customer agencies," said the report by Justice Department Inspector General Glenn Fine.

Fine identified not only old FBI technology but also "limited supervision and training, and inadequate quality control measures" as reasons for the delays.

The bureau's system includes searching paper files in far-flung FBI field offices, adding to backlogs of hundreds of thousands of immigration applications and petitions for citizenship and services.

The FBI said the backlog built up because of additional demands in the wake of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Immigration and Naturalization Service asked the FBI "to 're-run' 2.7 million names through a more in-depth name check process following the terrorist attacks of 9/11," said John Miller, the FBI's assistant director for public affairs, in response to the report.

"This unexpected deluge of immigration-related name checks overwhelmed existing resources. ... Corrective actions implemented over several years have improved the [National Name Check Program's] operations, resulting in record numbers of completed name checks and a reduced backlog," Miller said.

By far the FBI's largest customer is the Department of Homeland Security, which is responsible for processing immigration requests. But DHS immigration authorities have been unable to get prompt responses to many of the clearances they need from the FBI, the department says.

The report acknowledges that a huge rise in DHS requests -- from 2.7 million in 2003 to more than 4 million in fiscal year 2007 -- is partially responsible for the backlog.

The report said 14 percent of the name checks can take from several months to more than a year to complete.

In March, investigators found the FBI had more than 327,000 pending name check requests from the DHS Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Ninety percent of the requests were more than 30 days old, and some requests had been pending for more than three years, the report said.

At a briefing for reporters, FBI executive Michael Cannon said the backlog is being reduced sharply this year, and he expects it to be fully eliminated by July 2009.

Immigration lawyers have been especially critical of the FBI, blasting bureaucratic delays and filing lawsuits for government failures to act on immigrant applications.

The inspector general did credit the FBI for its much more efficient fingerprint check system. The report praised the relatively quick work by the FBI division that queries the massive fingerprint repository. The system maintains the largest biometric database in the world, with fingerprints and corresponding criminal history information for more than 50 million subjects.

The FBI scheduled a briefing later Monday to respond to the criticism.

The report is titled "The Federal Bureau of Investigation's Security Check Procedures for Immigration Applications and Petitions."

I hope it will work for all AP fellows.

Best of luck

Sibtain

Timeline
FYI

FBI is not the only agency who runs these checks there r several checks requested from several agencies... (right Mary?!.. she is a pro at this) so they r not the only one to be blamed for delays. At times because the name is so common one has to manually lookup the applicant... which is often causing delay.

Revived you are correct that many agencies are involved. *NCIC (National Crime Information Center)(also called FBI criminal database)

*IBIS (Interagency Border Inspection System)

[Click Here for More Information on Security Checks with IBIS.]

*NIIS (Non-Immigrant Information System)

*CLASS (Consular Lookout and Support System)(This name-check database

in particular has been greatly expanded, now storing up to 18 million records.)

*CCD ( Consular Consolidated Date Base)(Stores 75 million records of past visa applications and outcomes)

*TIPOFF (Classified DOS Bureau of Intelligence database)

*NAILS (National Automated Immigration Lookout System)

*TECS II (Treasury Enforcement and Communucation System)

*TSC and TTIC databases (DOS Terrorist Screening system)

This is just a list of the few databases that are used. All applicants have to endure a Mantis check and that one does go via a cable to the FBI.

Lately there has been a trend of visa issuance to Males @ the day of interview.. which if i count are handful but indeed in near past.. mayb there is a a CO or two who is v generous LOL.Also i heard ISL Staff changes during Fall.. mayb it's the new staff....... I hope it remains the same and all of you get ur visas soon.

The staff does change in the fall. October is the end of the government year and at that time they will swap the embassy staff around to other countries. I know that a few have been approved lately and all that can be said is that there security checks cleared when they cabled here to the states quickly.

Anyone applying to immigrate has to have security checks cleared before issuance of a visa.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.