aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
guys! is there anyone who got their nvc completed in nov and got an interview for dec??~?!?!?!!

i got mine done on 4th of nov. i dont know when am i goin to get an interview date?

am sooo worried. has ap got to do anything with how much u travel ?

i travel a lot too

I read somewhere that if you travel alot(specially to Islamic countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia) then they might put u on AP.

if i m not wrong K-1 scheduling still comes from embassy whereas CR etc has changed recently.

ppl don't schedule interview themselves, they call NVC to find out their interview date prior to embassy/NVC sending them a formal letter. but none get to select their own date. there r RARE instances when ISL will expedite the date but has to be life n death situation=)

well dun worry .. i'A she won't b put on AP even if so it won't last that long=) b optimistic, n hope for good...

lucks

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
guys! is there anyone who got their nvc completed in nov and got an interview for dec??~?!?!?!!

i got mine done on 4th of nov. i dont know when am i goin to get an interview date?

i travel a lot too

I read somewhere that if you travel alot(specially to Islamic countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia) then they might put u on AP.

Yes, I have traveled a lot and LIVED in those countries. That's why I am pretty sure they'll put me in AP.

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i travel a lot too

if i m not wrong K-1 scheduling still comes from embassy whereas CR etc has changed recently.

ppl don't schedule interview themselves, they call NVC to find out their interview date prior to embassy/NVC sending them a formal letter. but none get to select their own date. there r RARE instances when ISL will expedite the date but has to be life n death situation=)

well dun worry .. i'A she won't b put on AP even if so it won't last that long=) b optimistic, n hope for good...

lucks

Good lord! I just checked ur timeline & u are on AP since Dec 07?? Why they are doing this to you?? What have u done to deserve this #######...I really feel sorry 4 u & will pray 4 u...Hope u get ur Visa soon! :thumbs: What did they tell u, wheneva u called them lasttime?

BTW, I have one more Question...Do you pay the Visa fee online or at embassy?

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i travel a lot too

is that true?!?!?!? i have been going to dubai and saudia arabia every yr for the past 2-3 yrs man

this sucks :[

Timeline

i travel a lot too

lucks

Good lord! I just checked ur timeline & u are on AP since Dec 07?? Why they are doing this to you?? What have u done to deserve this #######...I really feel sorry 4 u & will pray 4 u...Hope u get ur Visa soon! :thumbs: What did they tell u, wheneva u called them lasttime?

BTW, I have one more Question...Do you pay the Visa fee online or at embassy?

yes pretty depressing.. i feel sory 4 myself too LOLOL...god knows what they r doin'... n why they r doin' this to me n many otherss=) i've given up on these Qs ...called in last week.. still under AP.. =) n they tell nothin' but that.. "still pending administrative processing", when asked for explination answer is "we cannot disclosed this to you, due to "national security" reasons... in general if u r a male in ur mid - late 20s.. n from T 26 countries.. guess what u r a national threat..=) w/out any crime or any proof ...

it is v difficult to b so far away specially if u r still not married...

plz do pray for us.. n i hope n pray that none of u go through this.. m sure u won't=) since it's ur fiancee.. this is expected for most of the males' beneficiaries...

dun worry.. u both will b 2gether in no time... as for travel to middle eastern counteries.. i have seen ppl gettin visa approval right away even w/this travel history.. make dua 4 each other... n if u think of good, good will happen to u; b optimisitic

lucks

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Hey, salams again.

One of the two members that got their visa w/o being put on AP was a male and the other of course a female. My female friends husband just gave his interview and he was also approved for his visa. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my family and I are Afghan, since we don't have an embassy there we did our case from pakistan. Also if you have all your papers complete then there is no reason to be put on AP. My sis-in-law was put on AP because she was missing a few documents, the other two had complete documents.

Good luck again. :)

Don't know how but my gender is set to male. I'm female. :)

7/3/11-married!

8/3/11-Sent I-130

8/5/11-NOA1

8/8/11-touched.

Filed: Timeline
Hey, salams again.

One of the two members that got their visa w/o being put on AP was a male and the other of course a female. My female friends husband just gave his interview and he was also approved for his visa. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my family and I are Afghan, since we don't have an embassy there we did our case from pakistan. Also if you have all your papers complete then there is no reason to be put on AP. My sis-in-law was put on AP because she was missing a few documents, the other two had complete documents.

jikay have u heard anything yet from embassy , you also submitted your passport

its 15th day i have submitted everything after their call and i havent heard back from them yet any one else has recently got call and submit their passports please mention their names and times of submitting their passport

Timeline
Hey, salams again.

our paperwork was 101% compelete ;interview was not even 5 mins..still on AP for NAME check! what do u say?

Admin processing could mean many things... n one def is need of 'security clearance' thus ur paperwork might b all set but the co could request a name check for u ....

Again a high percentage of males get stuck but again there r few lucky ones=) Allah knows what is best for us!

Hey, salams again.

its 15th day i have submitted everything after their call and i havent heard back from them yet any one else has recently got call and submit their passports please mention their names and times of submitting their passport

count only business days.. some goes by BUSINESS hrs.. LOL .. that is 8hrs / day and 24hrs = 3 business days .. mayb will mitigate the pain of waiting=) it's coming dun worry u wil have it by this friday=) i'A

Filed: Timeline
Hey, salams again.

our paperwork was 101% compelete ;interview was not even 5 mins..still on AP for NAME check! what do u say?

Admin processing could mean many things... n one def is need of 'security clearance' thus ur paperwork might b all set but the co could request a name check for u ....

Again a high percentage of males get stuck but again there r few lucky ones=) Allah knows what is best for us!

Hey, salams again.

count only business days.. some goes by BUSINESS hrs.. LOL .. that is 8hrs / day and 24hrs = 3 business days .. mayb will mitigate the pain of waiting=) it's coming dun worry u wil have it by this friday=) i'A

please revived sister dont scare me lol hahaha , guess what everyone is telling me it is coming on friday , why is that ,

zaid also told me he got on friday his cousin got on friday , librel got on friday ,

Friday is i Moqdus day thats why , but lets hope for the best

you know what i waited for 20 months of ap , didnt bother me , and i was ok , studying with out any problem , after their call , i just cant even the damn book cant even concentrate ,

but revived sister pray for me

Timeline

Revived,

I can understand what you're going through. We were stuck at the USCIS stage for "Background Check" for TWO YEARS, THREE MONTHS. You won't see more than 2 cases like that on the ENTIRE VJ. It was a very difficult time for us. Everyone who applied when we applied is in the US now, some for two years now... and we have finally reached the Embassy.

I am telling you this to let you know that it'll be over one day inshAllah. We had almost given up hope of ever seeing an NOA2 - but twenty-eight months after applying, it came.

I am still scared of getting stuck in AP AGAIN... but I know inshAllah there will be some betterment in it for me, regardless of how painful the experience is...

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/21/08 Touched

07/15/08 Touched

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

Revived,

I can understand what you're going through. We were stuck at the USCIS stage for "Background Check" for TWO YEARS, THREE MONTHS. You won't see more than 2 cases like that on the ENTIRE VJ. It was a very difficult time for us. Everyone who applied when we applied is in the US now, some for two years now... and we have finally reached the Embassy.

I am telling you this to let you know that it'll be over one day inshAllah. We had almost given up hope of ever seeing an NOA2 - but twenty-eight months after applying, it came.

I am still scared of getting stuck in AP AGAIN... but I know inshAllah there will be some betterment in it for me, regardless of how painful the experience is...

There will be a better time for you and your husband. Hang in there!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline

You too, Browneyedgirl.

It has got to be over ONE day!

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

02/08/07 Touched

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/21/08 Touched

07/15/08 Touched

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

Timeline
Hey, salams again.

Hey, salams again.

please revived sister dont scare me lol hahaha , guess what everyone is telling me it is coming on friday , why is that ,

zaid also told me he got on friday his cousin got on friday , librel got on friday ,

Friday is i Moqdus day thats why , but lets hope for the best

you know what i waited for 20 months of ap , didnt bother me , and i was ok , studying with out any problem , after their call , i just cant even the damn book cant even concentrate ,

but revived sister pray for me

indeed this whole wait thing seems to have paralzying effects LOL... but m'A you have waited so patiently 4 20 months!!!!! .. now few more days.=) "sabran jameelan" n indeed this effected our studies dramatically... but AlhumduLillah we were able to pass our licensure exams=) they say good ppl r tested n only those who culd bear the test=)

in situtaions as this... i just believe in changing one's prespective of lookin' at things cuz we can't change anythin' else but our own manners/views of lookin' at things...

n thnx guys for the kind words! ya all r the best=)))

duas for all of you=) n i wish n pray that ya all b 'united' w/their spouses/ or spouses to be

Hello to all!

Here I m gonna tell u about my interview experience in Islamabad USEM.I will give the detail experience coz it will be helpful for rest of the applicants who are waiting for their interviews.

My interview date was 10 Nov at 8am.I decided to go to Islamabad in night of Sunday.

I reached Islamabad at 3:45am.I was with my brother & friend, so we decided to stay in a hotel for few hours.

We setoff from hotel at 5:21am.We reached near the convention center in approx. 20 mins.Security was very strict in Islamabad before the convention center there was a police check post who refused us to go for convention center, we were worry coz we had to reach the convention center before 6am.They told us that we know your interview would be at 8am and u have lot of time, they were so mean and strict. They told us to come here at 7am.

Well then we decided to go back in nearest hotel n take some tea or coffee. At 6:20am We decided to go to convention center this time we took a taxi and told the taxi diver about the situation and my interview he was a very good man he knew how to handle the matter .He told us don’t worry come with me I will drop u at convention center. We went with him and he talked to policemen and then crossed the police check post successfully.

I was at convention center at 6:35am.We saw there were only 13 to 14 people in USA line.Thanx God it was very good coz I could my ticket in time. Ticket man came at 7:05am.I showed my Appointment letter and passport for identity he charged Rs.50.

Then I went for checking, guards check me with metal detector here I wanna mention that don’t take any bags with u just take transparent file covers or something like that which must be transparent. I was standing in USA line then after 5 minutes first shuttle was ready to take us. There was hardly 22 or 24 ppl in.When we reached at USEM there was a guard who was making 2 lines1st line was for Non Immigrant and 2nd line was for Immigrant. He also saw our appointment letter and passport then let us in.

After the checking guard told me and other 3 ladies to go in room# 4 in which American lady sat behind the window and a Paki boy was stood in room actually he was taking the finger print. He took me finger print.

Note: There is no finger print fee.

American lady said to me Good morning and smiled and I replied with smile and said good morning too.

When I came out the guard told that u have to wait in this room. I entered in the room and after 5 mins I called for window #5 and there were a paki boy who was very nice he said to me salam and I replied him back

He asked in which which language you will prefer to talk I said “Englishâ€.

He asked abt my medical report and my Police certificate which was demanded in appointment letter, I gave them both. Then he asked me that,

Were you involved in or participated in any terrorist activity?

I replied†No†of course .lol

He smiled and said ok I was smiling too.

Then asked me to signed at the end of DS230 form.He asked do u have pictures of your wedding, I replied yes

Then he said ok and plz wait for your next call.

After 35 mins I called on window #3 there was a American guy with a Pakistani lady translator they both said “hello†to me and I replied them in hello too.

Pakistani translator girl told me to raise your hand and to say that all the documents which you have provided us is right and I didn’t hide anything.

I said the same.

Then American Consular Officer asked me who is your Petitioner, after this Paki girl translated I replied back suddenly and told him that†My wifeâ€.

American CO asked me “Can u speak English?

I said yes.

He smiled and said to paki girl to go back coz he can handle it now.

He was looking happy coz he could talk to me directly that is the good thing and I will suggest for all that if you can speak English then plz give your interview in English coz it’s a positive sign.

He asked that where did u meet?

When did we get marry?

What was the wedding date?

Everything thing was going smoothly then asked me where is the original English translated marriage paper is.

I replied sir we have already sent it to u.

That was very big mistake from our side coz unfortunately we did not send them original by mistake, because I notarized and got foreign affairs attested. There was ticket from foreign affairs office which was not original obviously coz it was color copy and he caught it easily. (Oh God very big biiiiiiiiig mistake)...

Well he stopped questioning and asked do you have the original and I replied no my wife has the original.

Then he started to type something in computer and took out blue slip and also green with it. Then he started to talk with American lady who sat beside him, they were discussing my case and I could hear some words easily.

Before he starts talking to me†I asked him that Can I say some thing?

He said ok sure sir,

Then I told him that I m on expedition request coz my wife is very sick she wanna see me there as soon as and shes expecting me there in this week.

He replied yes I was reading your expedition request regarding your wife’s health “But sorry sir I have to follow the rules there is nothing in my hand,

He showed me blue slip in which he mentioned me the original Translated marriage certificate and he also showed me the green slip and he said besides it your case also need some administrative processing. He said you have to send us the original translated marriage paper.

Guys when he told me this I again try to tell him our situation and showed him my frustration and worry, He was clearly getting it. And he was sorry for it.

Then he said sir I can only do thing for you as soon as u will get the original Translated marriage certificate then u can send it with your passport and then he pasted a sticker on my passport and list of approved courier paper. He told me to keep very safe this paper.

He said your AP starts form now.

Here comes a question guys He put me on AP.But he also told me that I can send my passport with the original English translated paper.

What it means? Why he told me to send the passport with the document while I m on on AP ,is this good sign?

It was the experience of my interview and I completed my promise to paste my interview experience.

Thanks and plz keep praying for me as well.

Edited by SIBTAIN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hello to all!

Here I m gonna tell u about my interview experience in Islamabad USEM.I will give the detail experience coz it will be helpful for rest of the applicants who are waiting for their interviews.

My interview date was 10 Nov at 8am.I decided to go to Islamabad in night of Sunday.

I reached Islamabad at 3:45am.I was with my brother & friend, so we decided to stay in a hotel for few hours.

We setoff from hotel at 5:21am.We reached near the convention center in approx. 20 mins.Security was very strict in Islamabad before the convention center there was a police check post who refused us to go for convention center, we were worry coz we had to reach the convention center before 6am.They told us that we know your interview would be at 8am and u have lot of time, they were so mean and strict. They told us to come here at 7am.

Well then we decided to go back in nearest hotel n take some tea or coffee. At 6:20am We decided to go to convention center this time we took a taxi and told the taxi diver about the situation and my interview he was a very good man he knew how to handle the matter .He told us don’t worry come with me I will drop u at convention center. We went with him and he talked to policemen and then crossed the police check post successfully.

I was at convention center at 6:35am.We saw there were only 13 to 14 people in USA line.Thanx God it was very good coz I could my ticket in time. Ticket man came at 7:05am.I showed my Appointment letter and passport for identity he charged Rs.50.

Then I went for checking, guards check me with metal detector here I wanna mention that don’t take any bags with u just take transparent file covers or something like that which must be transparent. I was standing in USA line then after 5 minutes first shuttle was ready to take us. There was hardly 22 or 24 ppl in.When we reached at USEM there was a guard who was making 2 lines1st line was for Non Immigrant and 2nd line was for Immigrant. He also saw our appointment letter and passport then let us in.

After the checking guard told me and other 3 ladies to go in room# 4 in which American lady sat behind the window and a Paki boy was stood in room actually he was taking the finger print. He took me finger print.

Note: There is no finger print fee.

American lady said to me Good morning and smiled and I replied with smile and said good morning too.

When I came out the guard told that u have to wait in this room. I entered in the room and after 5 mins I called for window #5 and there were a paki boy who was very nice he said to me salam and I replied him back

He asked in which which language you will prefer to talk I said “Englishâ€.

He asked abt my medical report and my Police certificate which was demanded in appointment letter, I gave them both. Then he asked me that,

Were you involved in or participated in any terrorist activity?

I replied†No†of course .lol

He smiled and said ok I was smiling too.

Then asked me to signed at the end of DS230 form.He asked do u have pictures of your wedding, I replied yes

Then he said ok and plz wait for your next call.

After 35 mins I called on window #3 there was a American guy with a Pakistani lady translator they both said “hello†to me and I replied them in hello too.

Pakistani translator girl told me to raise your hand and to say that all the documents which you have provided us is right and I didn’t hide anything.

I said the same.

Then American Consular Officer asked me who is your Petitioner, after this Paki girl translated I replied back suddenly and told him that†My wifeâ€.

American CO asked me “Can u speak English?

I said yes.

He smiled and said to paki girl to go back coz he can handle it now.

He was looking happy coz he could talk to me directly that is the good thing and I will suggest for all that if you can speak English then plz give your interview in English coz it’s a positive sign.

He asked that where did u meet?

When did we get marry?

What was the wedding date?

Everything thing was going smoothly then asked me where is the original English translated marriage paper is.

I replied sir we have already sent it to u.

That was very big mistake from our side coz unfortunately we did not send them original by mistake, because I notarized and got foreign affairs attested. There was ticket from foreign affairs office which was not original obviously coz it was color copy and he caught it easily. (Oh God very big biiiiiiiiig mistake)...

Well he stopped questioning and asked do you have the original and I replied no my wife has the original.

Then he started to type something in computer and took out blue slip and also green with it. Then he started to talk with American lady who sat beside him, they were discussing my case and I could hear some words easily.

Before he starts talking to me†I asked him that Can I say some thing?

He said ok sure sir,

Then I told him that I m on expedition request coz my wife is very sick she wanna see me there as soon as and shes expecting me there in this week.

He replied yes I was reading your expedition request regarding your wife’s health “But sorry sir I have to follow the rules there is nothing in my hand,

He showed me blue slip in which he mentioned me the original Translated marriage certificate and he also showed me the green slip and he said besides it your case also need some administrative processing. He said you have to send us the original translated marriage paper.

Guys when he told me this I again try to tell him our situation and showed him my frustration and worry, He was clearly getting it. And he was sorry for it.

Then he said sir I can only do thing for you as soon as u will get the original Translated marriage certificate then u can send it with your passport and then he pasted a sticker on my passport and list of approved courier paper. He told me to keep very safe this paper.

He said your AP starts form now.

Here comes a question guys He put me on AP.But he also told me that I can send my passport with the original English translated paper.

What it means? Why he told me to send the passport with the document while I m on on AP ,is this good sign?

It was the experience of my interview and I completed my promise to paste my interview experience.

Thanks and plz keep praying for me as well.

thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope your wife is feeling better..

it seems like if u send in the doc they requested as soon as possible and passport then they may issue u the visa without any AP.. but if they put u on AP then that means couple of months..

dont woryy inshallah eveything will be fine

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.