aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys, thanks for the replies!! Well am not really a virtual person so don't know how to do the timeline or where to go but i'll give you a brief summary right here :)

First thing first, I'm waiting on my sis-in law not husband, thank God LOL.

*So around oct 11, 2007 we filed for 3 members of our family a marrige visa. (so three diff applications)

*March, 2008 is when they notified us and said all three were approved

*I don't know about the process in between, but yada yada all three were granted their interviews in sept 2008.

*Two members got their visas the day of the interview (the passport was kept and a week later mailed to them)

*one sad member :( was put on AP and according to DOS office she was granted her visa on the Oct 14th.

*On oct 28th bro in law dropped off her passport at the ISL office and was told that it would be mailed back w/in a week.

*it's been a week and no response, now i'm wondering if dropping off the passport rather than waiting for the phone call would affect the time? He spoke to the people and they seemed fine with taking it. But I'm worried I hope they don't lose it.

I hope that helps many of you. And good luck to all those waiting on Ap and interviews. My prayers are with you :)

dont worry , it iwll come with in time give it 2 weeks inshllah it will be coming , coz i am also here waiting fro the last 13 days now , prayers to all

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys, thanks for the replies!! Well am not really a virtual person so don't know how to do the timeline or where to go but i'll give you a brief summary right here :)

*So around oct 11, 2007 we filed for 3 members of our family a marrige visa. (so three diff applications)

*I don't know about the process in between, but yada yada all three were granted their interviews in sept 2008.

*Two members got their visas the day of the interview (the passport was kept and a week later mailed to them)

*one sad member :( was put on AP and according to DOS office she was granted her visa on the Oct 14th.

*On oct 28th bro in law dropped off her passport at the ISL office and was told that it would be mailed back w/in a week.

*it's been a week and no response, now i'm wondering if dropping off the passport rather than waiting for the phone call would affect the time? He spoke to the people and they seemed fine with taking it. But I'm worried I hope they don't lose it.

I hope that helps many of you. And good luck to all those waiting on Ap and interviews. My prayers are with you :)

Thanks for giving us the overview. That helps us alot out in someway or the other. I hope inshallah your sis in law will get the passport back very soon. Quick question though: the other 2 that got approved and visa in a week, were they male or female? I hope that doesnt sound strange but a lot of the times we noticed that males were getting put on AP but if the 2 family members of yours were male, then that will give alot of us hope. Especially me and my husband. Thanks again!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey salam everyone. My questions keep being ignored :(

I understand I'm not your efriend yet, but dude help a sista out.

How long does it take for them to send your passport back after they receive it? We've waited for over a week now and no news. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

I believe Revived answered your question but could you please fill out your timeline? Usually people are able to answer better if they know the timeline and history behind the case. If you dont mind but i think it would be realy helpful to all ofus if you share a little about your case. Like if you were put on AP? Or did you they keep your passport at the interview? Lots of people lately have been put on AP lately and there are alot that have interview coming up, so your experience would be helpful to all of us. good luck on getting your passport back soon!

thanks!!!

Jilkay

your husband got call from embassy , saying to submit his passport can u please be more specific , i got call , and i submitted everything that includes , new police report , new medical report and also new papport coz all of them were expired ,

i am waiting from the last 12 days i submitted everything , on monday exactly 14 days will be over , so dont worry normally it takes 2 weeks from them to print visa on it , liberal i know here got his visa with in 15 days i have one friend who got her visa with in 2 weeks , so dont worry if your husband is out of Ap he will get his visa with in 2 weeks , i am also here waiting and i was in ap for 20 months only so dont worry this time will also be over

Hows things going on revived , i hope you are doing the way u planned coz you are in my prayers always

mrrsaif , hyd1 , vee you all are in my prayers , i rememeber my all brothers and sisters , so also remember me in your prayers

Allah bless my brothers and sisters

Thnx brother.. need ur prayers despartely=))

the key word was IDEALLY .. lol.. u all r lucky that at least you have some hope that visa will come shortly..=))) be patient.. i'A good news is on it's way=)

Hello all!

My interview is tommorrow at 8am.So guys just get ready inshaAllah i m gonna give u the good news regarding my visa.

I m fully prepared & confident and inshaAllah will give my 100%.

Just plz keep praying for me..

Thanx..

loads of lucks n duas=)

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Thanks for giving us the overview. That helps us alot out in someway or the other. I hope inshallah your sis in law will get the passport back very soon. Quick question though: the other 2 that got approved and visa in a week, were they male or female? I hope that doesnt sound strange but a lot of the times we noticed that males were getting put on AP but if the 2 family members of yours were male, then that will give alot of us hope. Especially me and my husband. Thanks again!

There are few males who 've rec'v visa w/out AP=) look @ aisha's case... i'A b optimistic n make duas for urself n others=)

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Revived,

My husband was put on Ap, but Alhumdulilah it was shorter than most. He was on it from time of his interview July 31st to Sept. 10th ( that is the day embassy called for his passport). I did call on Sept 8th and at that time at DOS he was still on AP, so I don't know how they determine who has a longer wait than others.

Nope, I don't think it is fair. We have all done our fair share of waiting and some more than others, through this whole visa process. I haven't seen my husband since April 20, 2007 and hopefully in 5 weeks he will be home insha allaah!!!

We just have to stay strong and have our faith, prayers and support from our family and friends.

How many have had interviews and how many days of AP so far?

your all in my prayers xx

Aisha (F)

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys I need your help plz. I am expecting approval soon for K1 visa! What I wanna know is after NOA2, when will my fiance' get the packet from the embassy? Also, I was wondering if I can schedule the interview myself by calling them or do I have to wait for packet 4?

And what exactly is in packet 3?

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Hey guys I need your help plz. I am expecting approval soon for K1 visa! What I wanna know is after NOA2, when will my fiance' get the packet from the embassy? Also, I was wondering if I can schedule the interview myself by calling them or do I have to wait for packet 4?

When you receive NOA2 wait about a week or two and call the NVC to see if they recieved it. Ours took a month from NOA2 to get to the NVC (Dont know if they are moving faster now or not). It will stay at the NVC approx a week (unless they decide to do some A/P there) (Ours didnt but some people have) and then it will be sent to ISL. You will get a letter in the mail with your case # and the day they sent it to ISL once ISL gets it they send the packet out pretty fast like a week or two. Hope this helps. :)

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

P.S.

On K-1 they will schedule the interview after they receive packet 3 back from your fiance.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally got through to the USEM...

They said they'll let me know my interview date by the end of next week inshAllah... and the guy said he thinks it'll be for December inshAllah...

Excited and scared to death (about AP!)

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline
Finally got through to the USEM...

They said they'll let me know my interview date by the end of next week inshAllah... and the guy said he thinks it'll be for December inshAllah...

Excited and scared to death (about AP!)

hey!!!!

thats great!!!! if u can get an interview date in dec then i can have one too!!!!!!!

hopefully :[

i dont wanna wait till jan

PLEASE :[

Timeline

I have observed NVC to embassy is faster for Vermont Center .. took our file less than a week.... (counting business days).

Browneyed is accurate when stating that some get stuck in AP during NVC stage too.. (in rare instances) if it's ur fiancee that is pak, u both r fortunate n culd expect a quick journey.

Also, you cannot schedule ur interview ur self.... they tell u the date

lucks n duas

Edited by Revived

Timeline

I have observed NVC to embassy is faster for Vermont Center .. took our file less than a week.... (counting business days).

Browneyed is accurate when stating that some get stuck in AP during NVC stage too.. (in rare instances) if it's ur fiancee that is pak, u both r fortunate n culd expect a quick journey.

Also, you cannot schedule ur interview ur self.... they tell u the date

lucks n duas

Thank you Revived & browneyedgirl! :thumbs: That sux that we cant schedule the interview cuz I see alot of ppl on VJ scheduling the interview b4 getting packet 4. So what exactly is in packet 3? Do you guys know. And Yea I am worried about AP too...I know they dont put female on AP but my Shirin has traveled alot :( neawyz first thing first. when they are gonna approve me :crying:

Timeline

guys! is there anyone who got their nvc completed in nov and got an interview for dec??~?!?!?!!

i got mine done on 4th of nov. i dont know when am i goin to get an interview date?

am sooo worried. has ap got to do anything with how much u travel ?

i travel a lot too

Timeline
guys! is there anyone who got their nvc completed in nov and got an interview for dec??~?!?!?!!

i got mine done on 4th of nov. i dont know when am i goin to get an interview date?

am sooo worried. has ap got to do anything with how much u travel ?

i travel a lot too

I read somewhere that if you travel alot(specially to Islamic countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia) then they might put u on AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.