aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salam!

IV Processing Fee - US $400.00 or Pakistani Rupee equivalent ($355 application processing + $45 worldwide security surcharge)

I have already paid my 400$ immigrant visa fee at NVC. And for finger print fee i emailed to US embassy islamabad and they replied me this,

Dear Sir/Madam,

There is no finger print fee.

Thanks & Regards

Immigration Unit

So it means they r not charging finger print fee.

I wanna know is there anybody who has thier interview on 10 Nov,08?

Plz inform me!

Thanx

Sibtain

dear

you have sum money with you .may b it gona work

gud luck on u r interview in us embassy islamabd

Zaid Khan

Jan 18th 2002 - submit my case by my father when he was GC Holder

March1st 2002 - I-130 sent.

June 24th 2006 - APPROVED

NVC FOR IR2 (I-130)

12/13/06 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

March 20th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Thanks ALLAH

March 25th 2007 - Case fwd to Islamabad embassy

US EMBASSY Islamabad

Nov 05th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 19th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN Islamabad (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 15th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 27 DAYS

Dec 26th 2007 - Visa Printed in Islamabad embassy

Jan 17th 2008 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

feb 10th 2208 - arrived in USA

USA LIFE

feb 12th 2008 -apply for Social Security Card

Feb 20th 2008 -Received Social Security Card in Mail

Feb 21th 2008 - Apply for State ID (ID Card) got same time

Feb 29th 2008 - Wel Come To USA Letter Received In Mail

March 07 2008 - Green Card Recevied With vild for 10 years

March 10 2008 - Open Bank Account And Got Account Number same time

March 12 2008 - Admission In a English School to learn english

Mach 12 2008- Apply For the JObs

April 03 2008 - apply for driving licence and get same day

Oct 01 2008 Got a JOb

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
ok so my case at nvcwill be completed in a week or two since we have sent the entire package at once.

can anyone gimme an idea on how i can get the interview date? over the phone? and will i be able to get the interview date for dec?

it will be done by 15th of nov for sure

Once case is complete, NVC will schedule your interview date. You can call them once completed and ask them if you have been given a date yet and they will tell you when and what time it is. Even if your case is completed by Nov 15th, it is not neccessary that you will be given a december interview date. The reason for that is because Islamabad has limited capacity. They give NVC the count of how much capacity they have for that month and they schedule based off of that. So, if that gets full once they get to your case, then you have to wait for the second week of the following month to find out when your interview will be for the next month after that. The reason i know this so well is because we went through this same #######. Our case was completed Oct 16th while they were still scheduling interviews for November. But, we were not given a November date because Islambad's capacity was met. Therefore, we had to wait till now to find out our interview for December. Anyways, I hope you can get a December date because I know how much this waiting sucks. But, there is always a good reason behind why Allah does things. So, there must be a good reason why we were given a December date.

Good luck on getting a december interview!!

yo!!1 found out last time that my case got completed at nvc on the 4th of nov already:)

i am so hhapppppy

they said they will start giving the interview dates next week so call us next week!!!!

i am so happy!!!!!!!

now i have a fair chance of gettin an interview date in dec i think!!!!!!!!! i wanna know one more thing!!!! do they put females on ap?

i am so worried

":[

GOOD!!! Worrying for nothing. You have a very good chance of gettin a december interview now. GOOD LUCK!!

hey!!!! ur interview date is the 30th of dec? that means dec is full too? or no?

how long did it take for u to find out abt ur interview date?

i dont know why does it take so long to get an interview date?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

its been 4 days my case got completed and am still waitin for it to be sent to isl.

hey!!!! are u a male or a female?!

Hey salam everyone. My questions keep being ignored :(

I understand I'm not your efriend yet, but dude help a sista out.

How long does it take for them to send your passport back after they receive it? We've waited for over a week now and no news. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Don't know how but my gender is set to male. I'm female. :)

7/3/11-married!

8/3/11-Sent I-130

8/5/11-NOA1

8/8/11-touched.

Timeline
ok so my case at nvcwill be completed in a week or two since we have sent the entire package at once.

can anyone gimme an idea on how i can get the interview date? over the phone? and will i be able to get the interview date for dec?

Once case is complete, NVC will schedule your interview date. You can call them once completed and ask them if you have been given a date yet and they will tell you when and what time it is. Even if your case is completed by Nov 15th, it is not neccessary that you will be given a december interview date. The reason for that is because Islamabad has limited capacity. They give NVC the count of how much capacity they have for that month and they schedule based off of that. So, if that gets full once they get to your case, then you have to wait for the second week of the following month to find out when your interview will be for the next month after that. The reason i know this so well is because we went through this same #######. Our case was completed Oct 16th while they were still scheduling interviews for November. But, we were not given a November date because Islambad's capacity was met. Therefore, we had to wait till now to find out our interview for December. Anyways, I hope you can get a December date because I know how much this waiting sucks. But, there is always a good reason behind why Allah does things. So, there must be a good reason why we were given a December date.

yo!!1 found out last time that my case got completed at nvc on the 4th of nov already:)

i am so hhapppppy

they said they will start giving the interview dates next week so call us next week!!!!

i am so happy!!!!!!!

now i have a fair chance of gettin an interview date in dec i think!!!!!!!!! i wanna know one more thing!!!! do they put females on ap?

i am so worried

GOOD!!! Worrying for nothing. You have a very good chance of gettin a december interview now. GOOD LUCK!!

hey!!!! ur interview date is the 30th of dec? that means dec is full too? or no?

its been 4 days my case got completed and am still waitin for it to be sent to isl.

Yes, our interview is set for Dec 30th - my husbands. I dont know if that means it is full or not. But by your recent post i saw that you didnt get a december date, i guess that meant it is now full. I am soo sorry but i know exactly how that feels. Our case was complete on Oct 16th and they were still scheduling for November but we didnt get it b/c it was full. But dont worry, you will get a January date for sure. It just sucks because you will have to wait till first/second week of December to find out when it is in January.

Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How long does it take for them to send your passport back after they receive it? We've waited for over a week now and no news. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

should ideally take 2 weeks but culd be a bit longer...

i assume you r askin' about how long does ISL takes to stamp the visa after the benfeciary submits his/her passport.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

I believe Revived answered your question but could you please fill out your timeline? Usually people are able to answer better if they know the timeline and history behind the case. If you dont mind but i think it would be realy helpful to all ofus if you share a little about your case. Like if you were put on AP? Or did you they keep your passport at the interview? Lots of people lately have been put on AP lately and there are alot that have interview coming up, so your experience would be helpful to all of us. good luck on getting your passport back soon!

thanks!!!

Filed: Timeline

I believe Revived answered your question but could you please fill out your timeline? Usually people are able to answer better if they know the timeline and history behind the case. If you dont mind but i think it would be realy helpful to all ofus if you share a little about your case. Like if you were put on AP? Or did you they keep your passport at the interview? Lots of people lately have been put on AP lately and there are alot that have interview coming up, so your experience would be helpful to all of us. good luck on getting your passport back soon!

thanks!!!

Jilkay

your husband got call from embassy , saying to submit his passport can u please be more specific , i got call , and i submitted everything that includes , new police report , new medical report and also new papport coz all of them were expired ,

i am waiting from the last 12 days i submitted everything , on monday exactly 14 days will be over , so dont worry normally it takes 2 weeks from them to print visa on it , liberal i know here got his visa with in 15 days i have one friend who got her visa with in 2 weeks , so dont worry if your husband is out of Ap he will get his visa with in 2 weeks , i am also here waiting and i was in ap for 20 months only so dont worry this time will also be over

Hows things going on revived , i hope you are doing the way u planned coz you are in my prayers always

mrrsaif , hyd1 , vee you all are in my prayers , i rememeber my all brothers and sisters , so also remember me in your prayers

Allah bless my brothers and sisters

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i am so hhapppppy

i am so happy!!!!!!!

i am so worried

Yes, our interview is set for Dec 30th - my husbands. I dont know if that means it is full or not. But by your recent post i saw that you didnt get a december date, i guess that meant it is now full. I am soo sorry but i know exactly how that feels. Our case was complete on Oct 16th and they were still scheduling for November but we didnt get it b/c it was full. But dont worry, you will get a January date for sure. It just sucks because you will have to wait till first/second week of December to find out when it is in January.

Good Luck!

WHOA!

Does this mean December is full for the CR1 cases or for everybody?!?! I know it's a silly question but I am hoping K3 still have a chance of getting an interview date in December.

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

thanks!!!

Jilkay

your husband got call from embassy , saying to submit his passport can u please be more specific , i got call , and i submitted everything that includes , new police report , new medical report and also new papport coz all of them were expired ,

i am waiting from the last 12 days i submitted everything , on monday exactly 14 days will be over , so dont worry normally it takes 2 weeks from them to print visa on it , liberal i know here got his visa with in 15 days i have one friend who got her visa with in 2 weeks , so dont worry if your husband is out of Ap he will get his visa with in 2 weeks , i am also here waiting and i was in ap for 20 months only so dont worry this time will also be over

Hows things going on revived , i hope you are doing the way u planned coz you are in my prayers always

mrrsaif , hyd1 , vee you all are in my prayers , i rememeber my all brothers and sisters , so also remember me in your prayers

Allah bless my brothers and sisters

Come on guys give us some good news!!!!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Hello all!

My interview is tommorrow at 8am.So guys just get ready inshaAllah i m gonna give u the good news regarding my visa.

I m fully prepared & confident and inshaAllah will give my 100%.

Just plz keep praying for me..

Thanx..

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will do fine.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:thumbs: Good luck with your interview tomorrow :thumbs:
08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!! Well am not really a virtual person so don't know how to do the timeline or where to go but i'll give you a brief summary right here :)

First thing first, I'm waiting on my sis-in law not husband, thank God LOL.

*So around oct 11, 2007 we filed for 3 members of our family a marrige visa. (so three diff applications)

*March, 2008 is when they notified us and said all three were approved

*I don't know about the process in between, but yada yada all three were granted their interviews in sept 2008.

*Two members got their visas the day of the interview (the passport was kept and a week later mailed to them)

*one sad member :( was put on AP and according to DOS office she was granted her visa on the Oct 14th.

*On oct 28th bro in law dropped off her passport at the ISL office and was told that it would be mailed back w/in a week.

*it's been a week and no response, now i'm wondering if dropping off the passport rather than waiting for the phone call would affect the time? He spoke to the people and they seemed fine with taking it. But I'm worried I hope they don't lose it.

I hope that helps many of you. And good luck to all those waiting on Ap and interviews. My prayers are with you :)

Don't know how but my gender is set to male. I'm female. :)

7/3/11-married!

8/3/11-Sent I-130

8/5/11-NOA1

8/8/11-touched.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.