aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guess they forgot to attach the check list. And courier service used is American Express for Islamabad. You can see their website : http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/courier_list.pdf

So they sent us old forms too... and we have to download the latest and send those. Got that part.

There's nothing "attached" to the booklet. Just a cover letter. The cover letter says "see attached list of offices" of couriers where we're supposed to submit the completed documents... but there's nothing "stuck in the folder" :mellow:

Now what!

P.S when you send in everything, remember to attach the cover letter (with your email address written on it) as well as the checklist.

You should photocopy these and keep them for your records.

Also we attached our own cover letter with the package detailing everything we're attaching. But remember to attach their cover letter also, I remember the american express person looking at it carefully and attaching it at the top of our package for us.

Guess they forgot to attach the check list. And courier service used is American Express for Islamabad. You can see their website : http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/courier_list.pdf

So they sent us old forms too... and we have to download the latest and send those. Got that part.

There's nothing "attached" to the booklet. Just a cover letter. The cover letter says "see attached list of offices" of couriers where we're supposed to submit the completed documents... but there's nothing "stuck in the folder" :mellow:

Now what!

K3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-13

I-130 Approval : 2008-09-08

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-04 (Received in post : 2008-03-18)

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-08

NVC Received : 2008-09-15

NVC left: 2008-09-16

Embassy received: Around 2008-09-23

Package 3.5 received: 2008-10-08

PAckage 3.5 sent: 2008-10-09

Medical: 2008-11-10

Interview date: 2008-11-24

Date of entry into US: 2008-12-14

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Salam Everyone!

15th month on AP...when will this end?? Is anyone getting any good news? Wife's interview was in Islamabad July 3, 2007. Anyone in the same boat, plz respond. I'm in California by the way

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My AP ended after 15 months...trust me this hell will end. Hang on and stay positive :)

Salam Everyone!

15th month on AP...when will this end?? Is anyone getting any good news? Wife's interview was in Islamabad July 3, 2007. Anyone in the same boat, plz respond. I'm in California by the way

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salam Everyone!

Yeah i think i am in the same boat. I am on AP since August 1st 2008. (74 Days yet) and i called DOS today the lady said its ur lucky day and ur case is approved. well i don't know what to do. coz DOS is not always right. can anybody tell me what to do now where to call US Embassy or AMEX. or just wait for the embassy to call me.

Anyone had similar experince ?

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Salam! That's terriffic. Good luck with that. I didn't get a chance to call DOS today but I will tommorrow. The wait time always kills me :P

Thanks Ali for those words of advise. What exactly is a CR1 visa anyways...is it like a spousal visa?

From what I hear, after the DOS clears AP, it takes about a day or two for the embassey to mail the passport with visa to the AMEX. Best of Luck to everyone on AP

Timeline
Salam! That's terriffic. Good luck with that. I didn't get a chance to call DOS today but I will tommorrow. The wait time always kills me :P

Thanks Ali for those words of advise. What exactly is a CR1 visa anyways...is it like a spousal visa?

From what I hear, after the DOS clears AP, it takes about a day or two for the embassey to mail the passport with visa to the AMEX. Best of Luck to everyone on AP

I have been on AP since Sep2007 and it doesn't seem to end soon :crying: . I called DOS many time and even had news that i have been cleared of AP but later after few weeks when i called back i was told i was put back on AP aint that ridiculous. May God give us strength to wait out this painful period Ameen.

Timeline

Everyone on AP may find this Useful www.uscis.gov/files/article/NameCheck_2Apr08.pdf according this document released by USCIS everybody who's namecheck has been pending for more than a year should be cleared of namecheck process within the period of Nov 2008 to Feb2009. I think AP is namecheck innit?????

DR.N my wife is also from California i think Californians are getting longer AP than others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Everyone on AP may find this Useful www.uscis.gov/files/article/NameCheck_2Apr08.pdf according this document released by USCIS everybody who's namecheck has been pending for more than a year should be cleared of namecheck process within the period of Nov 2008 to Feb2009. I think AP is namecheck innit?????

DR.N my wife is also from California i think Californians are getting longer AP than others.

this is for 'naturalized citizens' read the memo last paragraph

we r still waiting ... 11 mons=) now

Salam Everyone!

Yeah i think i am in the same boat. I am on AP since August 1st 2008. (74 Days yet) and i called DOS today the lady said its ur lucky day and ur case is approved. well i don't know what to do. coz DOS is not always right. can anybody tell me what to do now where to call US Embassy or AMEX. or just wait for the embassy to call me.

Anyone had similar experince ?

congrats!!!! inshAllah you will b w/ur fsignificant other in no time=))

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats to Liberal !!! Insha allaah the embassy will ask for passport soon and you be home with your wife insha allaah

Just sending my prayers to all the ones that are waiting on this AP hell.

Wishing everyone the very best

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Congrats to liberal :dance::dance::dance::dance: Im glad someone is getting some good news here lately.

This A/P is so depressing. I know none of us like to wait, but not knowing how long the wait is gonna be makes it even worse. My heart goes out to everyone who has been waiting over 6 months. This feels horrible and we're only alittle over 3 months.

How do you guys get any info out of the DOS except the same ol "your case is in administrative processing and there is not estimation on the time it will take." If you try to ask them any questions they shut you down. :angry:

I would just like to know if they are really working on our cases or are they sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust :whistle::whistle::whistle:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
Congrats to liberal :dance::dance::dance::dance: Im glad someone is getting some good news here lately.

This A/P is so depressing. I know none of us like to wait, but not knowing how long the wait is gonna be makes it even worse. My heart goes out to everyone who has been waiting over 6 months. This feels horrible and we're only alittle over 3 months.

How do you guys get any info out of the DOS except the same ol "your case is in administrative processing and there is not estimation on the time it will take." If you try to ask them any questions they shut you down. :angry:

I would just like to know if they are really working on our cases or are they sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust :whistle::whistle::whistle:

What is the DOS number? i cant get it right.

Thanks

Saqib

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Saqib

212-663-1225 press 1 and then 0

lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Timeline

Thanks

Saqib

212-663-1225 press 1 and then 0

lucks,

its my 19 months i am in ap , and on october 28 , 19 months will be finished and 20th month will be started, My embassy is also islamabad pakistan

i called dos 2 weeks ago and yesterday too to DOS lady Anna and she told me that " passport requested" i asked anything else u can see in my case she said no except asking for passport "

now i dont know how to contact them , coz they dont pick up the phone nor reply of emails so i am just waiting and hoping now

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

gud newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss and thanks to ALLAH

my brother got cleared from a/p .he was in a/p since from april 2008 .the dos said that his visa is issue to prepare ..

now monday i will call the embassy in islamabad i pray to allah who is in a/p get clear very sooon

bye

Jan 18th 2002 - submit my case by my father when he was GC Holder

March1st 2002 - I-130 sent.

June 24th 2006 - APPROVED

NVC FOR IR2 (I-130)

12/13/06 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

March 20th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Thanks ALLAH

March 25th 2007 - Case fwd to Islamabad embassy

US EMBASSY Islamabad

Nov 05th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 19th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN Islamabad (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 15th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 27 DAYS

Dec 26th 2007 - Visa Printed in Islamabad embassy

Jan 17th 2008 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

feb 10th 2208 - arrived in USA

USA LIFE

feb 12th 2008 -apply for Social Security Card

Feb 20th 2008 -Received Social Security Card in Mail

Feb 21th 2008 - Apply for State ID (ID Card) got same time

Feb 29th 2008 - Wel Come To USA Letter Received In Mail

March 07 2008 - Green Card Recevied With vild for 10 years

March 10 2008 - Open Bank Account And Got Account Number same time

March 12 2008 - Admission In a English School to learn english

Mach 12 2008- Apply For the JObs

April 03 2008 - apply for driving licence and get same day

Oct 01 2008 Got a JOb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
gud newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss and thanks to ALLAH

my brother got cleared from a/p .he was in a/p since from april 2008 .the dos said that his visa is issue to prepare ..

now monday i will call the embassy in islamabad i pray to allah who is in a/p get clear very sooon

bye

wowwwwwwwww this is GOOD NEWS! im so happy for u and ur brother!!!!

do u know why ur brother was put on AP? was it name check clearance? even my husband is put on in aug 08 for AP!... we are praying he gets clear soon inshAllah!!

contact the embassy on mon and hopefully they will request his passport for VISA!!!! inshAllah

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.