aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I got it! Its a weird feeling to suddenly get the visa when your least expecting it :)

Congratulations n wishin' ya good luck in comin' future

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi eveyone. I am happy cause my case finally completed yesterday. I called NVC and the computerized voice said case complete, allow 8 weeks for further instructions. Many Thanks for all your help and discussions through which I learned a lot. James shortcut works perfect as till this day. In the next step I will receive an interview call. In how much time should I expect that. Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi eveyone. I am happy cause my case finally completed yesterday. I called NVC and the computerized voice said case complete, allow 8 weeks for further instructions. Many Thanks for all your help and discussions through which I learned a lot. James shortcut works perfect as till this day. In the next step I will receive an interview call. In how much time should I expect that. Thanks again.

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS ON CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of Luck on getting an early interview date :thumbs:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Salaam....hello everybody

My husband's medical is this Thursday 07/17/08 and I was worried that he wasn't going to get his interview letter in time.

Alhumdulilah.........it was delivered yesterday MashAllaah!!!!!!!!!

I just sent him all of our stuff from start to finish from uscis to nvc, so around 10 days from yesterday 07/11/08, he should get all of that....insha allaah.

I told him to just get everything in order the way he would like it done...((he is very particular about stuff)) and just have it ready for the inteview on July 31st!!!!!!!!!

Anywho.........NVC sent out the interview letter on June 11th and he just got his yesterday. So it took around a month for him to get his... (this is just for general FYI for anyone wondering.))

Have great weekend

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: Timeline

My husband's medical is this Thursday 07/17/08 and I was worried that he wasn't going to get his interview letter in time.

I just sent him all of our stuff from start to finish from uscis to nvc, so around 10 days from yesterday 07/11/08, he should get all of that....insha allaah.

I told him to just get everything in order the way he would like it done...((he is very particular about stuff)) and just have it ready for the inteview on July 31st!!!!!!!!!

Anywho.........NVC sent out the interview letter on June 11th and he just got his yesterday. So it took around a month for him to get his... (this is just for general FYI for anyone wondering.))

Have great weekend

Aisha

Thanks Aisha, your information helps alot cause i was wondering how come my wife didnt get her letter as of yet. I also called nvc and they said that i can send her mine and it is the same thing. I have already sent a scanned copy to my wife.

Let me ask you something. Is your husband going to ask the US Embassy to allow him to pick up the passport himself

Timeline

Have great weekend

Aisha

Thanks Aisha, your information helps alot cause i was wondering how come my wife didnt get her letter as of yet. I also called nvc and they said that i can send her mine and it is the same thing. I have already sent a scanned copy to my wife.

Let me ask you something. Is your husband going to ask the US Embassy to allow him to pick up the passport himself

Ali,

I asked my husband and he said that it is NOT ALLOWED to pick up at US embassy. It has to be collected from AMERICAN EXPRESS and thats it. That is what he told me :yes:

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Have great weekend

Aisha

thanks Aisha, well we can only know when the time comes. thanks anyways, I was wondering other people who had their interview if they asked. im hopping someone can advise

Ali,

I asked my husband and he said that it is NOT ALLOWED to pick up at US embassy. It has to be collected from AMERICAN EXPRESS and thats it. That is what he told me :yes:

Aisha

Timeline

I was wondering........who had interviews for this month? It is hard to keep up with everybody, so just curious about the ones from ISL embassy. Did everything go okay and would like for someone to post with their experiences if you wouldn't care to do that. Especially with what questions were asked and what your SO took with them for the interview. It would really help us that are in waiting.......:)

Thanks so much and I hope everything went well for the ones that had interviews and you will have visa's in hand soon....insha allaah!!!

Best Wishes to all of us with upcoming interviews

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

I was wondering........who had interviews for this month? It is hard to keep up with everybody, so just curious about the ones from ISL embassy. Did everything go okay and would like for someone to post with their experiences if you wouldn't care to do that. Especially with what questions were asked and what your SO took with them for the interview. It would really help us that are in waiting.......:)

Thanks so much and I hope everything went well for the ones that had interviews and you will have visa's in hand soon....insha allaah!!!

Best Wishes to all of us with upcoming interviews

Aisha

I hope everything is going well for all of you guys. Where is everyone who had their medicals and interviews. it would be very nice if you guys can share your experience. It will help others to be prepared. good luck all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey all,

my interview is on the 7th august, InshAllah and my medical appointment is on 17th July (which is tomorrow)almost three weeks in advance of my interview date..

is my medical appointment too early??shud i get it rescheduled at a later date?

also i havent yet received my interview letter (and neither has my automated msg at nvc changed to "case forwarded to isl embassy")..but the receptionist, who made the appointment, said that i could bring any document that had my case number on it..since they only required a written proof...i was wondering whether i should wait for my interview letter and then go for my medical?

quick replies will be appreciated :blush:

I-130

08/27/2007 Sent in the I-130 to VSC

12/28/2007 Received NOA1

02/24/2008 NOA2 received in mail

NVC TIMELINE

03/05/2008 NVC assigns case #

03/17/2008 DS-3032 & AOS bill received

03/18/2008 AOS bill sent

03/25/2008 DS-3032 sent via mail

04/01/2008 NVC received DS-3032

04/02/2008 AOS & DS-3032 entered into system

04/07/2008 IV bill generated

06/04/2008 IV bill entered into system

06/06/2008 RFE generated for missing docs (original marriage cert)

06/18/2008 RFE entered into system

06/23/2008 Case complete

interview date: August 7th 2008

hey all,

my interview is on the 7th august, InshAllah and my medical appointment is on 17th July (which is tomorrow)almost three weeks in advance of my interview date..

also i havent yet received my interview letter (and neither has my automated msg at nvc changed to "case forwarded to isl embassy")..but the receptionist, who made the appointment, said that i could bring any document that had my case number on it..since they only required a written proof...i was wondering whether i should wait for my interview letter and then go for my medical?

I dont have any answers to your questions but I just wanted to say I hope everything goes well at your interview. I also hope you can let us know how your interview goes after its done. I wish all the others that had interviews this month would please post and tell us how it turned out. Good luck to all

Timeline
hey all,

hi fkh,

my husbands medical is tomorrow ( july 17th) in Islamabad , ( his interview July 31st) so he was getting everything that is needed for that together. He finally received his interview letter on July 11th and it was sent out on June 11th fron nvc, so it was a month getting it to him from NVC. If you haven't received your interview letter , you could have your better half, scan it and send to you and you could get it printed out. I've heard of others doing that, so it is worth a try.

As soon as my husband lets me know how his medical went and stuff, I will try and post it after I hear from him......insha allaah. Or sometime tomorrow. I know it is his medical, but still will be wide awake till I hear from him ya know.

Wishing everyone the best

Aisha

Please make sure all your timelines are filled in PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by ♥ QaSiM--aIsHa

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks for the info aisha..but the thing is i talked to an operator this friday and found out that my interview is on aug 7th..so neither I nor my hubby has as yet received the appointment letter...and only three weeks are left...i was reading on VJ that once the automated msg changes to "case forwarded...", it means that the docs have been mailed to all concerned parties...but that hasnt happened with us yet...so i guess i'll talk to an operator abt this..

best of luck with ur husband's medical.

hey all,

hi fkh,

my husbands medical is tomorrow ( july 17th) in Islamabad , ( his interview July 31st) so he was getting everything that is needed for that together. He finally received his interview letter on July 11th and it was sent out on June 11th fron nvc, so it was a month getting it to him from NVC. If you haven't received your interview letter , you could have your better half, scan it and send to you and you could get it printed out. I've heard of others doing that, so it is worth a try.

As soon as my husband lets me know how his medical went and stuff, I will try and post it after I hear from him......insha allaah. Or sometime tomorrow. I know it is his medical, but still will be wide awake till I hear from him ya know.

Wishing everyone the best

Aisha

I-130

08/27/2007 Sent in the I-130 to VSC

12/28/2007 Received NOA1

02/24/2008 NOA2 received in mail

NVC TIMELINE

03/05/2008 NVC assigns case #

03/17/2008 DS-3032 & AOS bill received

03/18/2008 AOS bill sent

03/25/2008 DS-3032 sent via mail

04/01/2008 NVC received DS-3032

04/02/2008 AOS & DS-3032 entered into system

04/07/2008 IV bill generated

06/04/2008 IV bill entered into system

06/06/2008 RFE generated for missing docs (original marriage cert)

06/18/2008 RFE entered into system

06/23/2008 Case complete

interview date: August 7th 2008

Timeline
thanks for the info aisha..but the thing is i talked to an operator this friday and found out that my interview is on aug 7th..so neither I nor my hubby has as yet received the appointment letter...and only three weeks are left...i was reading on VJ that once the automated msg changes to "case forwarded...", it means that the docs have been mailed to all concerned parties...but that hasnt happened with us yet...so i guess i'll talk to an operator abt this..

best of luck with ur husband's medical.

hey all,

Yes, I would call asap and see what is goin on with your interview letter. I hope you get it soon as well as your husband.....(( I can't believe how slow they can be sending out stuff that we need and how slowwww the mail is as well))

I just sent my husband out everything that I could think of for his interview on Friday July 11th and usually, when I send something to him, it only takes 10 days. So I ask myself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why did it take a MONTH for him to receive that interview letter :huh: CRAZY!!!!!!!

Keeping you in our prayers

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.