aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi how are you doing guys.

Ayesha would you let me know about the medical, its process, and after getting the date of interview from NVC operator, where one should go for the medical in advance, while his/her hard copy of the interview date is still in post or postal process?

The doctors penal is specific for every city?How one can contact them

thanx zorro khan

Salaam zorro,

Here is the site to get some info about the medical. My husband goes on the 17th of july for his and I will post after speaking to him and stuff. He will have his done in Islamabad since he is in Rawalpindi.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

Read this and I hope it helps and from the dropdown box choose ISL ya know. :) Also it gives you the prices of the medical.....so you can get that together as well.

There is a list of docs/clinics to go to in certain cities.......so just check it out okay?!

hey zorro :time:

BEst of Luck :thumbs:

Aisha

Edited by ♥ QaSiM--aIsHa

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hello everyone.....

I have a question about I-134. I will be completing one for my brother in law's K-3. Do I need to have a bank statement if my salary is more than 125% poverty guidelines?

I know I m being impatient but I kind of need to know before I send the I-134 to my sister.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello everyone.....

I have a question about I-134. I will be completing one for my brother in law's K-3. Do I need to have a bank statement if my salary is more than 125% poverty guidelines?

I know I m being impatient but I kind of need to know before I send the I-134 to my sister.

It seems like you do, I briefly looked at the form and instructions. This is different from CR1's AOS form (I-864), where they explicitly define other financial assets as optional (you only need to provide those if it helps your case financially)

In your case there is nothing optional you will have to fill out the complete form and provide proofs, which is totally redundant work in my opinion.

Good luck.

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks for replying again. I have updated my time line but in the start I did a mistake as my I-130 Petition was sent on 2007-06-10 and not on 1997-06-30.

Now I have three questions. 1- In the instructions of State Department website it says send only a copy of Bigraphic Page of passport with DS-230. Do not send other documents till asked by Islamabad Office. That means that the Birth, Marriage and police certificates are to be taken to interview and not to be sent to NVC. 2- The instructions also say to send DS-230 in the enclosed envolope and since I have not yet received the Instruction Package, I do not have that envolope. Is it a special envelope or can another work. 3- I have prepared DS-230 cover letter through james shortcut but it say send DS-230 Part-1 only so should I correct it by adding "and Part-II".

Thanks

SHAS

James' shortcut works perfect!! but it is only for IR-1/CR-1. Is your case on AOS. Try using the online payment system (https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx) to expedite your processes, you can print barcodes sheet etc from there as well. As for required documents, use this link (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html). You shouldn't have to send DS-156 and 157 for CR-1, form my understanding they are used for k-1 and k-3.

Thx

F -

Shas1,

I don't understand questions #1, are you checking the right link? http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html. where do you see this"In the instructions of State Department website it says send only a copy of Bigraphic Page of passport with DS-230. Do not send other documents till asked by Islamabad Office."

Don't worry about #2, as long as you have the barcode page, you should be ok. for #3 there is really no need to send a cover sheet for DS-230 as long as you have all docs and the barcode sheet, but yes you can write DS-230 part II.

hope this helps!

F -

Many thanks again for the prompt reply and help. You are right about the documents that I have to send.

I am clear on the envelope issue as well but as to my question no. 3 regarding Barcode sheet it is actually mentioned in the Barcode sheet (not coversheet-I inadvertantly mentioned cover sheet) as extracted from james shortcut that send DS-230 Part-1 only. From your reply I feel its ok to correct it by adding "and Part-II". Am I right or should I send barcodesheet without this particular correction. OR If only barcode matters then there is no need for "and PArt-II" but I should simply send DS-230 Part-I (signied) and Part-II (unsigned). For easy reference the barcode letter particular words are as under:

"You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE with the completed DS-230 Part I and supporting documents to:"

Thanks again.

SHAS

which say Don't worry about #2, as long as you have the barcode page, you should be ok. for #3 there is really no need to send a cover sheet for DS-230 as long as you have all docs and the barcode sheet, but yes you can write DS-230 part II.

hope this helps!

I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the barcode sheet is prepared per James' instructions. Have you tried the online payment system? Once your payment is made (AOS fee, IV bill fee, usually happens within a day) you can print the actual barcodes sheets from there.

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Timeline

Hi Guys,

My spouse got the interview package from NVC in U.S. and the date is "1st August-2008". but i didn't get anything like that or a interview letter from NVC or Embassy in pakistan.

i need ur advice about few things like what to bring weith me to the medical coz i don't have any interview letter or am i allowed to enter embassy on my interview date without a interview letter.

where to stay in Islamabad. and at what time to reach embassy.

hope u would reply

Thanks

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks again. I have sent the barcode sheet as per james method with all supporting docs and pray it works.

Lets wait and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for replying again. I have updated my time line but in the start I did a mistake as my I-130 Petition was sent on 2007-06-10 and not on 1997-06-30.

Now I have three questions. 1- In the instructions of State Department website it says send only a copy of Bigraphic Page of passport with DS-230. Do not send other documents till asked by Islamabad Office. That means that the Birth, Marriage and police certificates are to be taken to interview and not to be sent to NVC. 2- The instructions also say to send DS-230 in the enclosed envolope and since I have not yet received the Instruction Package, I do not have that envolope. Is it a special envelope or can another work. 3- I have prepared DS-230 cover letter through james shortcut but it say send DS-230 Part-1 only so should I correct it by adding "and Part-II".

Thanks

SHAS

James' shortcut works perfect!! but it is only for IR-1/CR-1. Is your case on AOS. Try using the online payment system (https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx) to expedite your processes, you can print barcodes sheet etc from there as well. As for required documents, use this link (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html). You shouldn't have to send DS-156 and 157 for CR-1, form my understanding they are used for k-1 and k-3.

Thx

F -

Shas1,

I don't understand questions #1, are you checking the right link? http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html. where do you see this"In the instructions of State Department website it says send only a copy of Bigraphic Page of passport with DS-230. Do not send other documents till asked by Islamabad Office."

Don't worry about #2, as long as you have the barcode page, you should be ok. for #3 there is really no need to send a cover sheet for DS-230 as long as you have all docs and the barcode sheet, but yes you can write DS-230 part II.

hope this helps!

F -

Many thanks again for the prompt reply and help. You are right about the documents that I have to send.

I am clear on the envelope issue as well but as to my question no. 3 regarding Barcode sheet it is actually mentioned in the Barcode sheet (not coversheet-I inadvertantly mentioned cover sheet) as extracted from james shortcut that send DS-230 Part-1 only. From your reply I feel its ok to correct it by adding "and Part-II". Am I right or should I send barcodesheet without this particular correction. OR If only barcode matters then there is no need for "and PArt-II" but I should simply send DS-230 Part-I (signied) and Part-II (unsigned). For easy reference the barcode letter particular words are as under:

"You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE with the completed DS-230 Part I and supporting documents to:"

Thanks again.

SHAS

which say Don't worry about #2, as long as you have the barcode page, you should be ok. for #3 there is really no need to send a cover sheet for DS-230 as long as you have all docs and the barcode sheet, but yes you can write DS-230 part II.

hope this helps!

I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as the barcode sheet is prepared per James' instructions. Have you tried the online payment system? Once your payment is made (AOS fee, IV bill fee, usually happens within a day) you can print the actual barcodes sheets from there.

F -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hiya,

Thank you very much much AISHA for the quick response.This is very good site for medical information and my wife has got the interview date 28th of july.Thanx once again.

By the way i sent 1-130 of my wife on 22nd September 2007, at California service center.

zorro khan

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I found out yesterday afternoon that my wife’s interview for the I-130 has been scheduled for 8:00am Friday, August 1, 2008! (The file was completed on at the end of May) Inshallah, everything will go smoothly and she’ll have her Visa that month.

But, I had a few quick questions for everyone…

The NVC told me that the file was forwarded to embassy in Islamabad on the June 27, 2008 and they will also be mailing my wife in Karachi a packet that has instruction in it.

Does anyone know what she will need to take with her to the embassy? When and where she should get the medical test done? Etc.

Also, how long does it usually take for the NVC packets to be received?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You'll get it 3 weeks after the petitioner receiving it in the US.

Hi Guys,

My spouse got the interview package from NVC in U.S. and the date is "1st August-2008". but i didn't get anything like that or a interview letter from NVC or Embassy in pakistan.

i need ur advice about few things like what to bring weith me to the medical coz i don't have any interview letter or am i allowed to enter embassy on my interview date without a interview letter.

where to stay in Islamabad. and at what time to reach embassy.

hope u would reply

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
is there anyone who got an interview in 2008 cause all posts are from 2006 and that doesnt help

there r many who r waiting here for July interview ... read the current threads!

I think AishaQasim is one of them!

lucks

Edited by Revived

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

My fiance passed his medical exam :D and interview is next week plz keep us in your prayers.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations, both of you are in my prayers.

My fiance passed his medical exam :D and interview is next week plz keep us in your prayers.

Imran and Safiya's Visa Journey[/u]

02-10-2005 We met online.

03-14-2007 Traveled to Pakistan to meet my fiance.

03-27-2007 Left Pakistan to return to United States.

07-05-2007 Filed K-1 fiance Visa (mailed via DHL)

07-09-2007 I-129 received at Nebraska Service Center

07-16-2007 NOA1 notice date (would have been sooner, but was forwarded to CSC)

07-18-2007 Touched

08-15-2007 Touched

03-09-2008 Touched

03-14-2008 Touched

05-13-2008 APPROVED (only took 313 days)

05-21-2008 Received at NVC

06-05-2008 Left NVC

06-13-2008 Packet 3.5 received by fiance

07-13-2009 Interview (Islamabad) APPROVED and on AP, was told 1-3 months

08-12-2009 Visa in hand

09-05-2009 Arrived in U.S. (POE JFK)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

May Allah SWT make it easy on you both ~Ameen

lucks n duas

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.