aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When we called the embassy they say that they prefer transcripts thus we sent them the transcripts and the T/R

Hi,

As far as Tax returns for the K3. I have Transcripts of 2006, 2007 tax returns from the IRS, that I will be sending with my I-134 affidavit of support. I did not have copies of my tax returns, thats why I requested transcripts from the IRS. Would this be a problem?

Elijah

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI FRIENDS HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE YOUR GUIDANCE AND ANY POSITIVE SUGGESTION WOULD BE WELCOME. i MET MY WIFE IN SCOTLAND UNITED KINGDOM. FINALLY WE GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN. I APPLIED FOR K-3 BUT THE USCIS AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED IT IN TO PERMANENT IMMIGRANT VISA BY REJECTING THE 1-129 FORM BY SAYING YOUR 1-130 HAS APPROVED FIRST ,SO I HAD TO USE THE OTHER WAY.

NOW I HAVE DEPOSITED IV FEE AND ALL THE ASSOSSORIES ALONG WITH 1-864 STEP BY STEP AS THEY WERE ASKED BY THE NVC.

AFTER PASSING MANY WEEKS WHEN I CALLED THE NVC FOR FURTHER STEP I WAS TOLD INSTRUCTION PACKET HAD BEEN SENT TO ME BUT I COULD NOT GET IT AFTER PASSING MANY DAYS AGAIN. SHOULD IS SUBMIT THE ds230? WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED MORE, WHILE I AM PERMANENT CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES WHILE MY WIFE IS IN PAKISTAN.

THANKS FRIENDS.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
AA, my brother and his family finaly got the immigrant Visa interview appointment letter, we got date of May 30 at 8 AM. It is under F4 catogery. I have some questions, if some one please help me.

1. The interview letter telling us to bring US$400 visa processing fee with us on day of interview for each family member. Do any one know where you pay this? AT ISL Embassy or at some where else before we arrive for interivew. Do you have to pay cash or can we use Credit card or write a check.

2. Has any one recently been to ISL? We are flying out of Karachi day before the interview May 29 and flying back from Islamabad on May 30 late in night. Is this enough time? On the day of Visa, how long you have to stay in Islamabad? Can we fly back same day May 30 later in night to Karachi?

3. On day of interview May 30, where we have to go?? I have read that you go to convention center 6 AM then buy a bus ticket. Our interview time is 8 AM. After you buy your bus ticket you go through security to get on bus. Then bus take you close to US Embassy ISL. After you get off the bus, you have to walk to US Embassy compound. You have to go through security again. Then You have to stay in line for 3-4 hours before you go in to the interview room.

4. After the interview you get your passport back with visa or you have to wait and come back next day?

5. What duration of visa you get on your passport, 1 year, 6 months or only 3 months.

I would greatly appreciate all of your reply. AH

AA, Any one please reply.

Timeline
AA, my brother and his family finaly got the immigrant Visa interview appointment letter, we got date of May 30 at 8 AM. It is under F4 catogery. I have some questions, if some one please help me.

1. The interview letter telling us to bring US$400 visa processing fee with us on day of interview for each family member. Do any one know where you pay this? AT ISL Embassy or at some where else before we arrive for interivew. Do you have to pay cash or can we use Credit card or write a check.

Didn't you pay this at NVC? Can you please update your timeline, so other could see information about your and give you specific info

2. Has any one recently been to ISL? We are flying out of Karachi day before the interview May 29 and flying back from Islamabad on May 30 late in night. Is this enough time? On the day of Visa, how long you have to stay in Islamabad? Can we fly back same day May 30 later in night to Karachi?

For ISL, most of fees are taking at the ISL embassy.

3. On day of interview May 30, where we have to go?? I have read that you go to convention center 6 AM then buy a bus ticket. Our interview time is 8 AM. After you buy your bus ticket you go through security to get on bus. Then bus take you close to US Embassy ISL. After you get off the bus, you have to walk to US Embassy compound. You have to go through security again. Then You have to stay in line for 3-4 hours before you go in to the interview room.

4. After the interview you get your passport back with visa or you have to wait and come back next day?

If everything goes well, The embassy will keep your passport and mail it back to you in Karachi within in 2 weeks.

5. What duration of visa you get on your passport, 1 year, 6 months or only 3 months.

You have six months to enter US from the date visa is issued

I would greatly appreciate all of your reply. AH

AA, Any one please reply.

Timeline
HI FRIENDS HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE YOUR GUIDANCE AND ANY POSITIVE SUGGESTION WOULD BE WELCOME. i MET MY WIFE IN SCOTLAND UNITED KINGDOM. FINALLY WE GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN. I APPLIED FOR K-3 BUT THE USCIS AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED IT IN TO PERMANENT IMMIGRANT VISA BY REJECTING THE 1-129 FORM BY SAYING YOUR 1-130 HAS APPROVED FIRST ,SO I HAD TO USE THE OTHER WAY.

NOW I HAVE DEPOSITED IV FEE AND ALL THE ASSOSSORIES ALONG WITH 1-864 STEP BY STEP AS THEY WERE ASKED BY THE NVC.

AFTER PASSING MANY WEEKS WHEN I CALLED THE NVC FOR FURTHER STEP I WAS TOLD INSTRUCTION PACKET HAD BEEN SENT TO ME BUT I COULD NOT GET IT AFTER PASSING MANY DAYS AGAIN. SHOULD IS SUBMIT THE ds230? WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED MORE, WHILE I AM PERMANENT CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES WHILE MY WIFE IS IN PAKISTAN.

THANKS FRIENDS.

Zorro,

I recommend that you read the instructions on this link (specifically part 4). Seems like your DS-230 is lost in mail. this link describes where you can download DS-230, generate a bar code page and find out rquired supporting docs for DS-230.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

Thx

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Answer) Yes you have to pay this amount inside Islamabad Embassy. Payments need to be in Cash and if dollars its better.

Answer) Yes you can fly back same back at night, you have alot time and how long you have to stay inside is no one can perdict its depends.

Answer) Well be there at 6 sharp or 5:30 is what i recommend and round 7:30 or 7:45 you will be in front of US Embassy. Everything you wrote up there is true but you don't have to wait in lines as you will go in a separate line and show you letter to the security guard and he will let you in, then again security check and after that they will tell you to go in and get your finger prints done inside and then have a seat for a for a while

Answer) Well its not sure that you will get your passport back but maybe depends on the load they have and you can fly back the same day and get your passport by via same courier you submitted your documents (American Express)

Answer) Well again its up to them how much they want to give.

Timeline

Saqib and Sky2k, thank you so much for your reply. I do greatly appreciate your help. I will post my family interview experience end of May.

One last question, where is this convention center? Do every taxi driver in Islamabad know where to go if you tell him to take you to Convention Center? Any address or street name where convention center is?

Edited by hadam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys......Yet Again i am asking for assistance.......This time i am dealing with an issue of what order of name to put in form DS-156 Question 6 and 7. She has her name written in birth certificate in the right order but due to middle name field is not available in the Passport they squeeze her middle name in the last name field. For instance if she has a Full Name "Jane Joan Doally", on her birth certificate it is written as First Name "JANE" Middle Name "JOAN" and Last Name "DOALLY". Since she doesn't have middle name field on her passport her first name is written as "JANE" and Last Name as "JOANDOALLY".

In G325A form i followed the Birth Certifcate Order. So i am not sure here what order to follow for Form 156 (Non Immigrant Visa Application Form) where it is specified to write the name as in Passport?????

And another thing Will she face any problem at POE????

Any advice or any suggestion, i will really appreciate.

Timeline

HI friends please let me know, if some one has to send the original documents along with the DS230, how would he /she would provide those documents at the time of interview? The documents like marriage certificate( Nikah Nama) birth certificate etc.

or Would the NVC return it at the time of interview?

Please guide me. Thanx a lot.

Zorro khan.

Timeline

Hi All,

My fiancee's interview was on May 13th, 2008 and she got approved. They gave her a red slip and the visa officer told her to come back on May 15th for her visa. She was very nervous, but with the help of Allah everything went smooth. She was only interviewed by an American visa officer and he asked her a few simple questions.

1. Who is your petitioner?

2. Where does he live? Give full address

3. What does your fiance do?

4. When was engagement? and where it took place?

5. When was the last time you saw your fiance?

My fiancee is fluent in english, so she had no problem except she was nervous.

I just want to take my time to thank all the people here in this forum specially Gohar for his help answering alot of my questions. Gohar, I hope your fiance get her visa soon, Insallah.

Taufik Hidayat

07 - 04 - 07 -- Mailed to CSC

07 - 07 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

07 - 17 - 07 -- NOA1

11 - 31 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

12 - 31 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

01 - 07 - 08 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

01 - 20 - 08 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

02 - 15 - 08 -- Sent Packet 3.5

05 - 13 - 08 -- Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your fiancee getting her visa!!!

When will she be coming to USA to be with you? Did you go to the interview with her?

Again Congratulations!!!

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i m envious!! lol.. but mashAllah may Allah SWT keep you both happy ! congrats

be safe n loadz of duas

Hi All,

My fiancee's interview was on May 13th, 2008 and she got approved. They gave her a red slip and the visa officer told her to come back on May 15th for her visa. She was very nervous, but with the help of Allah everything went smooth. She was only interviewed by an American visa officer and he asked her a few simple questions.

1. Who is your petitioner?

2. Where does he live? Give full address

3. What does your fiance do?

4. When was engagement? and where it took place?

5. When was the last time you saw your fiance?

My fiancee is fluent in english, so she had no problem except she was nervous.

I just want to take my time to thank all the people here in this forum specially Gohar for his help answering alot of my questions. Gohar, I hope your fiance get her visa soon, Insallah.

Taufik Hidayat

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
HI friends please let me know, if some one has to send the original documents along with the DS230, how would he /she would provide those documents at the time of interview? The documents like marriage certificate( Nikah Nama) birth certificate etc.

or Would the NVC return it at the time of interview?

Please guide me. Thanx a lot.

Zorro khan.

Salaam,

I just sent my husbands DS230 with supporting documents off this morning. I sent all the originals per NVC and they should all be returned at the time of the interview. You may want to call NVC to confirm, but this is what I have heard and read.

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Use the order you used in the G325A and I-129F because this is the order USCIS and NVC would be using. Try to get the name corrected in the passport if you can. This might be a problem. They should have listed the middle name with the first name not with the last name.

Hi guys......Yet Again i am asking for assistance.......This time i am dealing with an issue of what order of name to put in form DS-156 Question 6 and 7. She has her name written in birth certificate in the right order but due to middle name field is not available in the Passport they squeeze her middle name in the last name field. For instance if she has a Full Name "Jane Joan Doally", on her birth certificate it is written as First Name "JANE" Middle Name "JOAN" and Last Name "DOALLY". Since she doesn't have middle name field on her passport her first name is written as "JANE" and Last Name as "JOANDOALLY".

In G325A form i followed the Birth Certifcate Order. So i am not sure here what order to follow for Form 156 (Non Immigrant Visa Application Form) where it is specified to write the name as in Passport?????

And another thing Will she face any problem at POE????

Any advice or any suggestion, i will really appreciate.

Salaam Everybody,

We finally made it to the embassy stage. I just sent all my documents to my fiance this week that he needs for his interview . He should be receiving Packet soon.

By the way, DHL was a nightmare. They couldnt believe I had 7lbs worth of documents. I said you never been through immigration or you would understand.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.