aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

My fiance received an interview date today. She is scheduled for an anterview on April 29th. it is way sooner than I was expecting. We sent packet 3 only few days back. Hope this will help others get an idea on how fast embassy is working these days.

Congrats ayaz on getting very early interview date.

Congrats Ayaz on getting very early InterView Date .

may Allah will help u and get ur visa as soon as possible .inshallah everything will b very gud (ameen)

my brother have also an interview in the mid of of next month .please request for allz pray for every body that is goin the same process

best regards allah hafiz

Zaid, our prayers are with you. Let us know how the interview goes.

Hi ayaz.

bro i have a question that what did u received with the interview date letter because my interview is on 5 may and the only thing i got from American express is the interview letter and the document which they didn't wanted. There is no pack 4 which i have been hearing from a lot people that i should be getting or it will be mailed. Please post your information if you have any on it. Thanks

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello saqib,

Packet 4 is nothing but the interview letter and instructions to bring medical reports to the interview. My fiance did not get anything back with packet 4 except for the letter with interview date.

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I have a question. I came to USA on K3 visa petitioned by my husband. now i am permanent resident here in USA and i am planning a trip to Pakistan. this will be my first visit after getting my green card. my question is that do i need any kind of visa for coming back to USa. I know since i am Pakistani i don't need visa for pakistan but for returning back to USA do i need any kinda visa or my Green card would be enough.

Thanks so much!

N400

Date Filed : June 9, 2009

NOA Date : June 18, 2009

Bio. Appt. : July 22, 2009

Interview : Sept 22, 2009 *Approved*

Oath : Sept 30, 2009

Applied Passport : Sept 30. 2009

Received passport: Oct 07, 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello all,

I have a question. I came to USA on K3 visa petitioned by my husband. now i am permanent resident here in USA and i am planning a trip to Pakistan. this will be my first visit after getting my green card. my question is that do i need any kind of visa for coming back to USa. I know since i am Pakistani i don't need visa for pakistan but for returning back to USA do i need any kinda visa or my Green card would be enough.

Thanks so much!

As long as you have the greencard you dont need any visa for entry into the US.

Timeline

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some good news. Never thought this day would come.. My wife got her visa today. (FINALLY ITS OVER).. she had her interview on the 6th of march and was given a blue slip that said her case needed additional processing and the minimum time is 6 weeks. Well, exaclty 3 weeks after her interview she got a call from the embassy saying she needs to send her passport to them and that her visa has been approved. I could not believe it as I thought it was going to take months before she got her visa by reading everyones experience here.. So she sent her passport on the 27th of march and got a call from EX today to come and pick up her passport along with the visa package. So 4 weeks later "VISA IN HAND".. she does not have a common name at all and has not traveled at all before which might be the reason for a quick AP... or it might of been AR.. watever it was its over now thank GOD.. Hopefully everyone who is on AP comes out of it soon.. Don't lose hope and the day will come..

Good luck to everyone and feel free to ask if anyone has any questions...

I also want to thanks Mary for her help.

Ali.

Edited by murtaza

Timeline
Congrat Murtaza :thumbs: for getting visa so quickly. Can you please post your wife interview experince for us. It will help others who have upcoming interview including myself ;)

Asmo

Interview Experience:

I had my nikkah a couple of years ago over the phone and had my rukhsati the year after in 2007. my wife had her interview and went to the embassy on March 6th. After being call to a couple different windows she was asked a few question which she answered to. the questions included what is ur husbands name what does he do. How do you know each other? and some very basic questions which i cant recall her telling me. Then she was called to a window where The CO was a lady and asked my wife when was the last time i visited. My wife said in 07. The CO asked that i came in 06 for marriage (according to them nikkal is marriage) and then again in 07? my wife replied that i did not come in 06 as we had our nikkah over the phone and its marriage by proxy. The CO said she didnt know anything about that and how that was possible that we had our marriage date listed as 2006 and got married then but i wasnt even there. She was very rude. The translator told the CO that this was usual and that there are such cases. The CO then asked how the marriage certificate was signed while i wasnt there. My wife said my Lawyer signed it on my behalf. She again was very shocked and said how was that possible. She asked for pictures and other proofs such as phone records emails etc. My had had them but she did not look at them just asked if my wife had them or not. she did look at 2 full albums of our pictures. She then gave my wife a blue slip and said it will take them minimum 6 more weeks for further processing which i beleive is AP. I was just worried that are they gonna make a big deal of the marriage by proxy issue. But then surprisingly on March 27th she got a call to send in her passport only 3 weeks after the interview.. Her passport was stamped and returned today on April 4th.

Hope that helped..let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks ,

Ali

Edited by murtaza

Timeline
Congrat Murtaza :thumbs: for getting visa so quickly. Can you please post your wife interview experince for us. It will help others who have upcoming interview including myself ;)

Asmo

THANKS ASMO..

Thank you for posting your experience. Now both of you can enjoy your life together :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Ali and wishing your wife home soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Congratulations Ali and wishing your wife home soon.

Mary

Thanks. Just also wanted to add that my brothers wife had her interview on the 24th of march. She was given her visa right there and her visa arrived 2 days after her interview.. So if you are really really lucky you can get ur visa the day of your interview.

Congratulations on your wife getting her visa.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
Hi all,

Just wanted to share some good news. Never thought this day would come.. My wife got her visa today. (FINALLY ITS OVER).. she had her interview on the 6th of march and was given a blue slip that said her case needed additional processing and the minimum time is 6 weeks. Well, exaclty 3 weeks after her interview she got a call from the embassy saying she needs to send her passport to them and that her visa has been approved. I could not believe it as I thought it was going to take months before she got her visa by reading everyones experience here.. So she sent her passport on the 27th of march and got a call from EX today to come and pick up her passport along with the visa package. So 4 weeks later "VISA IN HAND".. she does not have a common name at all and has not traveled at all before which might be the reason for a quick AP... or it might of been AR.. watever it was its over now thank GOD.. Hopefully everyone who is on AP comes out of it soon.. Don't lose hope and the day will come..

Ali.

Congrats murtaza!!! My Fiancee is on AP right now, as of 25 March. She received the Blue Slip as well. This coming Tuesday will make 2weeks! So, I hope 1 wk from this Tuesday my fiancee receives a call from Embassy. My Fiancee has never left the country either, she has always been in Pakistan.

BUT, I have traveled all over the world on Business trips. Great expereince but I hope this doesn't negatively affect my case in ISB right now!

Anyways, hope to have Visa in hand by End of Month!!! April 30 will be our 1 year Engagement Anniversary! would be really nice to have her here with me!!

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline
Hi all,

Ali.

Congrats murtaza!!! My Fiancee is on AP right now, as of 25 March. She received the Blue Slip as well. This coming Tuesday will make 2weeks! So, I hope 1 wk from this Tuesday my fiancee receives a call from Embassy. My Fiancee has never left the country either, she has always been in Pakistan.

BUT, I have traveled all over the world on Business trips. Great expereince but I hope this doesn't negatively affect my case in ISB right now!

Anyways, hope to have Visa in hand by End of Month!!! April 30 will be our 1 year Engagement Anniversary! would be really nice to have her here with me!!

gohar

thanks gohar. Hope ur fiance's AP is over soon as well. If she doesnt have a common name then it shouldnt be much long..Good Luck

Congratulations on your wife getting her visa.

Thankyou..

Timeline

Random Question:

Is there a way to find out what are "COMMON NAMES"? Both older sisters received Visa's without AP, the last one received it 2yrs ago. I would of thought becuase 2 sisters were in US and Mother/Father both soon will have Green Card's then it wouldn't be a problem but boy was I WRONG!

thanks,

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.