aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Not a good idea. My lawer clearly said to me not to go with my wife for interview.

According to I-134 (Affidavit of Support) petitioner's domicile should be in US. If

you are going with her in this is the voilation of that rule.

In past this has happened with few people, that told petationor to go back to States. report to local

USCIS Office then we will re-schedule. if you want to go then don't go inside the embassy. Stay out side ;)

to hear happy news :)

Thanks for the reply, but my interview is for a K1 visa, and I heard of people going with their fiance to the interview

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Not a good idea. My lawer clearly said to me not to go with my wife for interview.

According to I-134 (Affidavit of Support) petitioner's domicile should be in US. If

you are going with her in this is the voilation of that rule.

In past this has happened with few people, that told petationor to go back to States. report to local

USCIS Office then we will re-schedule. if you want to go then don't go inside the embassy. Stay out side ;)

to hear happy news :)

Thanks for the reply, but my interview is for a K1 visa, and I heard of people going with their fiance to the interview

If you have submitted I-134 then there is a question in it " domecile of petionor". If you search on travel.state.gov for

futher explaination that you might find what I mean.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

tyousuf,

About your post earlier, the form DS-156 did you fill out this form online or paper copy and do you know why they need two copies?

Applicant’s Parents Information. (This is new requirement) What form did you fill out for this?

When did you file your case ?

Thanks!

Edited by Sky2k

Timeline
tyousuf,

About your post earlier, the form DS-156 did you fill out this form online or paper copy and do you know why they need two copies?

Applicant’s Parents Information. (This is new requirement) What form did you fill out for this?

Thanks!

hey guys can green card holder apply for his parent's visa or should he wait for citizenship?any idea?

Timeline
tyousuf,

Thanks!

hey guys can green card holder apply for his parent's visa or should he wait for citizenship?any idea?

I don't believe a green card holder can apply for his / her parents but they can apply for thier spouse and process take very very long :(

Timeline
tyousuf,

Thanks!

No idea why they need 2 copies of DS-156, They sent us the form in packet. It will be a good idea that you fill out

the from online first to make sure you have all the required information. Then once you have the form, from them match the version/release/expire date of the form. In my case the form that I download online had different release/expiration date (new form) then what they sent to me(old form). Since I had all the forms filled it saved lots of time. You can apply same method with all other forms.

I-134 needs to be notorized with someone In US.(This is the proof of your domecile also)

Parent Information form was sent to us by embassy with packet 3.5. This form asked very simple father/mother info of applicant. Name/ DOB etc.

For those who are intrested to know cost of medical:

In karachi including vactination/Blood Work/X-Ray found to be b/w Rs/= 6,500-7,000.

Good luck guys....

I-129F / K3

-------------

07/03/07 Reciept Date

07/09/07 Notice Date (NOA1)

07/24/07 VCS Transfer Notice

12/05 Case Approved (NOA2)

12/10 Case arrived to ISB Electronically.

12/17 Case File arrived to ISB physically via mail.

12/27 Packent 3.5 Arrived.

01/09 Packent 3.5 Sent.

01/14 Packent 3.5 Arrived at Embassy.

01/15 Embassy Took decision and mailed interview latter.

01/18 Picked latter from Amex Karachi.

01/21 Medical Done.

01/23 Expected Medical Results.

02/15 Interview Date.

Timeline

Thanks!

tyousuf,

Thanks!

No idea why they need 2 copies of DS-156, They sent us the form in packet. It will be a good idea that you fill out

the from online first to make sure you have all the required information. Then once you have the form, from them match the version/release/expire date of the form. In my case the form that I download online had different release/expiration date (new form) then what they sent to me(old form). Since I had all the forms filled it saved lots of time. You can apply same method with all other forms.

I-134 needs to be notorized with someone In US.(This is the proof of your domecile also)

Parent Information form was sent to us by embassy with packet 3.5. This form asked very simple father/mother info of applicant. Name/ DOB etc.

For those who are intrested to know cost of medical:

In karachi including vactination/Blood Work/X-Ray found to be b/w Rs/= 6,500-7,000.

Good luck guys....

I-129F / K3

-------------

07/03/07 Reciept Date

07/09/07 Notice Date (NOA1)

07/24/07 VCS Transfer Notice

12/05 Case Approved (NOA2)

12/10 Case arrived to ISB Electronically.

12/17 Case File arrived to ISB physically via mail.

12/27 Packent 3.5 Arrived.

01/09 Packent 3.5 Sent.

01/14 Packent 3.5 Arrived at Embassy.

01/15 Embassy Took decision and mailed interview latter.

01/18 Picked latter from Amex Karachi.

01/21 Medical Done.

01/23 Expected Medical Results.

02/15 Interview Date.

Timeline

Here are some questions they have asked people in ISB

1. How long you have been married for?

2. What does your husband do?

3. Have you been outside Pakistan

4. Ever been to the U.S

Are you relatives ?

How your family know each other ?

If i travelled outside pakistan?

Who is co sponser to you ?

Also one question for you, the form your spouse received from the ISB in Packet 3.5. Did your spouse submitted those forms to ISB to get the interview date or would be taking on the interview day? If taking it on the interview day, were there any instruction in there that they have to bring it in person.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Guys,

My wife's interview is about 2 weeks away for K3. Can you share your experience or shed some light about the interview questions that they ask?

Timeline
Hi Guys,

My wife's interview is about 2 weeks away for K3. Can you share your experience or shed some light about the interview questions that they ask?

they asked my wife following questions for IR1 visa.

who is petitioner?

when and where did u get married?

was this love marriage?

who arranged ur marriage?

how ur families know each other?

is this ur first marriage?

is this ur husband's first marriage?

do u have kids?

have u ever been outside pakistan?

when did ur husband go to us. and what kind of visa he had at that time?

in which state and city ur husband is living?

is he living alone?

what does he do?

what kind of business?

all the best :thumbs: for upcoming interviews.

Timeline

Hello everyone!

NVC says that my case is in Administrative Processing because they have changed some rules. I thought AP usually started AFTER the interview and for a select few. Has anyone else ever told that their case is undergoing AP after USCIS has forwarded the case to NVC and before it is sent to the embassy?

I am hoping it is the same AP that is done after the interview and hope they won't do another AP after the interview because I've seen people's cases have been delayed for months because of AP for no reason.

Edited by Tareq

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Here are some questions they have asked people in ISB

1. How long you have been married for?

2. What does your husband do?

3. Have you been outside Pakistan

4. Ever been to the U.S

Are you relatives ?

How your family know each other ?

If i travelled outside pakistan?

Who is co sponser to you ?

Also one question for you, the form your spouse received from the ISB in Packet 3.5. Did your spouse submitted those forms to ISB to get the interview date or would be taking on the interview day? If taking it on the interview day, were there any instruction in there that they have to bring it in person.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Guys,

Packet came with an interview date and my wife will be taking these documents to embassy when she goes for interview.

Thanks guys for listing interview questions. Can we have some more people listing the type of questions they were asked for K-3 (just want to build confidence)

Timeline
Packet came with an interview date and my wife will be taking these documents to embassy when she goes for interview.

Thanks guys for listing interview questions. Can we have some more people listing the type of questions they were asked for K-3 (just want to build confidence)

Hi Rainbow, sorry I don't have any interview related information for you but a question. The first packet that your wife received from the embassy (after the case was transferred from NVC), did it have the interview date already? Can you please share the timeline when NVC received the case, when they forwarded it to the embassy?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Rainbow, sorry I don't have any interview related information for you but a question. The first packet that your wife received from the embassy (after the case was transferred from NVC), did it have the interview date already? Can you please share the timeline when NVC received the case, when they forwarded it to the embassy?

Thanks!

Tareq,

That's correct the first letter was actually the packet that had the interview date in it. Below is my timeline:

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-04-11

I-130 Sent : 2007-04-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-05-08

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-05-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-15

NVC Received : 2007-11-06

NVC Left : 2007-11-15

Consulate Received : 2007-11-23

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-02-05 Submit Review

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.