aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

My wife's K3 was transfered to Islamabad on Nov 15th but my wife hasn't received the packet yet? I sent an email to embassy on Nov 21 but no reply. I asked my wife to call embassy so she did and was told if you don't receive letter within two weeks call us. It's been 10 days since she called and we are still waiting. Is any of the info trackable through embassy's website?

The reason I'm desperate about this is becasue my wife is going for Hajj next week and I want to make sure we find out interview date prior to her leaving.

SAME FOR ME!!!!! I am applying for I-129F and NVC has sent the packet on Nov 15 and my fiancee, she still hasn't received anything!! :-(

very depressing!!!!!

I have e-mailed ISB and have had no luck! Maybe I am missing something!??!?!??!? Not sure, I was approved with no RFE's or anything!

anyways, best of luck to everybody!!!!

:):) GOOD NEWS!!! My Fiance reacieved the packet today!! Her and I are both excited! no interview date yet but another step closer!!! :):)

Congrats, I feel happy for you. My wife will call ISB tomorrow during their operational hours and let's see if they give any useful info.

I'm little confused here, can VJr's who have been through K3 or have knowledge please explain what is the process for K3 once case is transferred to ISB?

My understanding was that once the case is received at ISB, they will send a packet (3 or 4?) that has checklist of documents that applicant should bring along with interview date meaning interview date in the first packet. Please correct me :innocent:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Quick thought and question:

When my wife had her interview this week, the CO said Congrats, Welcome to the US, and gave her a pink token stating that she will receive her visa in 7 - 10 days from AMEX.

Thought: Does this mean there is no AP and all is good?

Question: Can you still be on AP if you just get a pink token and no other forms (i.e blue sheet/white sheet) etc.

Its not over till you actually see it in your hands? Hence the questions.. Any opinions?

Timeline

I-130 Filed: 02-02-2007

I-130 NOA1: 02-21-2007

I-129F Filed: 02-28-2007

I-130 NOA2: 06-05-2007 Approved

I-129F K3: 08-28-2007 Approved

NVC Left: 09-11-2007

Embassy

1-130 CR1 packet 3: 09-22-2007

I-130 completed: 10-06-2007

I-130 Interview: 12-03-2007

IR1/CR1 - Interview Approved.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

My wife's K3 was transfered to Islamabad on Nov 15th but my wife hasn't received the packet yet? I sent an email to embassy on Nov 21 but no reply. I asked my wife to call embassy so she did and was told if you don't receive letter within two weeks call us. It's been 10 days since she called and we are still waiting. Is any of the info trackable through embassy's website?

The reason I'm desperate about this is becasue my wife is going for Hajj next week and I want to make sure we find out interview date prior to her leaving.

SAME FOR ME!!!!! I am applying for I-129F and NVC has sent the packet on Nov 15 and my fiancee, she still hasn't received anything!! :-(

very depressing!!!!!

I have e-mailed ISB and have had no luck! Maybe I am missing something!??!?!??!? Not sure, I was approved with no RFE's or anything!

:):) GOOD NEWS!!! My Fiance reacieved the packet today!! Her and I are both excited! no interview date yet but another step closer!!! :):)

thats great!!!! just wanted to let you all know...from experience....when emailing the embassy, as you saw earlier, now there is an automated response. If you do end up needing further assistance you can email them directly, but I recommend if you have more than one question make sure you make it VERY clear as i don't believe they read them very carefully. I've done this twice and the second time I got better results. If you have more than one question submit as follows:

1. question one

2. question two

etc. etc. Just make it very clear you are requiring help with more than one thing. always remember the pet and ben information too. all the best!

Good luck GoharRabia...inshalla you will get the interveiw date soon.

Life does not offer what you deserve, it offers what you demand.

Timeline
HI all,

i have been away lately, trying to focus of my job and still waiting for my AP to get over with,

Meanwhile on development is somebody from embassy called me and asked questions about my passport and international travels and if i ever travelled for umra or hajj.

Well, i have an international assignment due for quite some time now, can anybody tell, how can i get my passport back from embassy and can international travel to a european country(denmark, sweden,norway) effect(read delay) my case?

I wish you all the best with your efforts to get united with your families

aftab!

Aftab,

Any traveling does have to be checked out by the embassy so it can cause a slight delay on their ajudication. Hang in there and hopefully you will have your visa in a short time. I know of a few persons in the past that they were called and it asked about their travels while they were awaiting their visas. Good luck!

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

very depressing!!!!!

Congratulations on geting the packet and each little step brings us happiness and knowing we are getting closer to being reuntied. :dance:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Quick thought and question:

When my wife had her interview this week, the CO said Congrats, Welcome to the US, and gave her a pink token stating that she will receive her visa in 7 - 10 days from AMEX. Congratulations!

Thought: Does this mean there is no AP and all is good? In a few cases they have delayed returning the visa soon but getting the token is a good sign.

Question: Can you still be on AP if you just get a pink token and no other forms (i.e blue sheet/white sheet) etc. Yes, but unusual.

Its not over till you actually see it in your hands? Hence the questions.. Any opinions? Hopefully you will have the visa in hand soon and look forward to your update.

Thanks for all the prayers, pms, and well wishes here in the forum. All of this support is greatly appreicated and wanted to say Shukriah, Thank You to everyone.

Mary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I was told about this website from someone and since than my husband and me both have been coming on here to read everyone's messages. I applied for my husband's immigration back in August of 06 and since than let's just say we have been waiting patiently for this process to be completed. I am very thankful to Allah that until now we have not received any problems in our process except for the usual time.

My husband's paperwork was completed in March 07 and he was scheduled for his interview in September. I tried to get hold of the embassy in regards to change the interview date but was not successful. However, I have read in some past messages that some were lucky enough to have the date changed earlier. I had called the embassy about changing the date but never emailed them.

Allahamduallah, his interview went just fine and we were told all our papers that we had submitted were okay. Except, our case was put on Administrative Processing and as everyone knows we were told a maximum of 6 months, is usually taken for this process. It has been about 2 and half months so far and we still have not heard anything back from the Embassy. During this time I have emailed them twice regarding our case but have not received a reply that would give some peace of mind.

Also, I have seen many people applied I-129F (Fiancée visa) for their spouses. However, I did not do, as the immigration officer in St. Louis had mentioned that the time lag for I-130 and I-129 is same. I am not sure if that was a mistake on my side and I still should have applied it no matter what. But now it is too late to know if it would have changed the time of this process.

Is there anyone who recently got visa approved from the Embassy through I-130 after going through Administrative Processing...

Thank you everyone for the messages, it has helped both my husband and me a lot!!!!

AFZubairi

Timeline

Wife got a call today from AMEX to collect her documents tomorrow. Now the curiousity ends.

Thanks for all your help, feedback and support!

Timeline

I-130 Filed: 02-02-2007

I-130 NOA1: 02-21-2007

I-129F Filed: 02-28-2007

I-130 NOA2: 06-05-2007 Approved

I-129F K3: 08-28-2007 Approved

NVC Left: 09-11-2007

Embassy

1-130 CR1 packet 3: 09-22-2007

I-130 completed: 10-06-2007

I-130 Interview: 12-03-2007

IR1/CR1 - Interview Approved.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

very depressing!!!!!

Congratulations on geting the packet and each little step brings us happiness and knowing we are getting closer to being reuntied. :dance:

My wife called ISB yesterday to find out why she hasn't received any letter from ISB yet when it's almost a month since the docs were shipped from NVC to ISB.

My wife after trying to call for one hour finally spoke to the person.

-------------------

My wife: I haven't received any letter from embassy yet?

Rep: your case #?

My wife: case number provided.

Rep: we didn't receive your case from NVC yet.

My wife: Two weeks ago when I called you told me you received all the docs now you are saying no?

Rep: hold on...after few seconds oh yes we have the case here I just came back from vacation didn't know.

My wife: when will I get letter?

Rep: you should get it in 3-4 days. There's a new process being implemented which is delaying things here.

My wife: can you please tell me when the interview will be?

Rep: We are scheduling interviews for the cases that were received before yours. I will setup yours.

My wife: thanks but when will the interview scheduled?

Rep: asks somebody in the back who says February/March. So he says your interview will be in March.

My wife: Thanks for the info

-----------------------------------

Questions for K3rs here:

1. Can anyone tell me if these guys who answer phone are operators or officers with authority to schedule interviews?

2. Will my wife get packet 3 with checklist asking to send docs back and then after reviewing ISB sends packet 4 with interview date?

OR

3. does packet 3 contain all the info i.e. interview date/time, madical etc..

Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

very depressing!!!!!

My wife called ISB yesterday to find out why she hasn't received any letter from ISB yet when it's almost a month since the docs were shipped from NVC to ISB.

-------------------

My wife: Two weeks ago when I called you told me you received all the docs now you are saying no?

Rep: hold on...after few seconds oh yes we have the case here I just came back from vacation didn't know.

Rep: you should get it in 3-4 days. There's a new process being implemented which is delaying things here.

Rep: We are scheduling interviews for the cases that were received before yours. I will setup yours.

Rep: asks somebody in the back who says February/March. So he says your interview will be in March.

Questions for K3rs here:

1. Can anyone tell me if these guys who answer phone are operators or officers with authority to schedule interviews?

2. Will my wife get packet 3 with checklist asking to send docs back and then after reviewing ISB sends packet 4 with interview date?

OR

Hi Rainbow, What number your wife call for for Info @ ISL?

Timeline
Hi everyone,

very depressing!!!!!

-------------------

Questions for K3rs here:

OR

Hi Rainbow, What number your wife call for for Info @ ISL?

At this # 51-208-2121 that I found on their website. It was quite hassle trying to get to the right unit though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

very depressing!!!!!

Thanks everybody for the congrats!!! Will update you all as much as possible (hopefully sooner than later:-))

My Fiancee is very concerned about messing up the papers she sends back to the embassy. I have a few questions.........

1 -- What kind of questions does this paper work consist of? She is suppose to be sending me a copy of these forms so I can help her complete them.

2 -- Is ISL just as picky about things as USCIS?

3 -- Anyone have suggestions as to things to lookout for and whatnot with these forms?

I will soon be in pakistan! fly out in exactly 2 weeks!! Dec. 19!! Can't wait!!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

pretty simple /straight fwd paperwork for k-1!

make sure you take plenty of pics on ur visit! thatz the main thing w/k1

also, make sure you r takin' ur affadavite of financial support info w/u

good lucks! n duas

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.