aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

My wife recently had her interview.... they handed her a pink paper (it doesnt say anything about AP) and took fingerprints. They said they will mail the passport after some processing... does this mean we are on AP?

Walikum Salaam,

Did they have her take 10 fingerprints? Is so she has already had a name hit and is on AP until they clear her status.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How you can change your address with NVC?

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

12/27/06 - I-129F approved online!

01/02/07 - received NOA2 in mail

NVC:

01/04/07 - Letetr from NVC about the case# and sending electronically to Islamabad

Islamabad Embassy:

01/11/07 - Embassy sends out Packet 3.5/4.0 with the interview scheduled on Feb 06, 2007

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

05/14/2007 Called DOS, they said security check has been completed and an electronic message has been sent to consulate.

05/21/07- My wife has been asked to come to Emabssy and submit I-134 and tax return that embassy can do the final processing.

05/24/07- VISA FINALLY IN HAND, GETTING READY FOR FLY

06-03-07 Arrived to USA, POE JFK

EAD

6/5/07 Application for EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Here is the email address for NVC; not sure if this is what you needed? You can email your question(s) with the case number and someone should reply back to you. You can also look around on the site and their phone number is listed I thnk.

Mary

PS if you need to submit address changes for the other processes as well do not forget these financial as well.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Here is the email address for NVC; not sure if this is what you needed? You can email your question(s) with the case number and someone should reply back to you. You can also look around on the site and their phone number is listed I thnk.

Mary

Thanks Mary

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

NVC:

01/04/07 - Letetr from NVC about the case# and sending electronically to Islamabad

Islamabad Embassy:

01/11/07 - Embassy sends out Packet 3.5/4.0 with the interview scheduled on Feb 06, 2007

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

05/14/2007 Called DOS, they said security check has been completed and an electronic message has been sent to consulate.

05/21/07- My wife has been asked to come to Emabssy and submit I-134 and tax return that embassy can do the final processing.

EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

My wife recently had her interview.... they handed her a pink paper (it doesnt say anything about AP) and took fingerprints. They said they will mail the passport after some processing... does this mean we are on AP?

It seems like they only took a few fingerprints... they took all the docs and passport and handed her some AMEX paper with a pink paper (that doesnt say anything about AP). They told my wife that will be sending her the passport.

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Interview - June 2007 - on AP

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

It seems like they only took a few fingerprints... they took all the docs and passport and handed her some AMEX paper with a pink paper (that doesnt say anything about AP). They told my wife that will be sending her the passport.

Timeline....?

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Jazkallah Khair

Did they give her a white paper with the pink slip as well? Either they give you a paper with the information on where to contact AMEX or they give you a letter stating that your case requires further administrative processing.

If they took her fingerprints and said that they will mail the passport after some processing that leads me to believe she is on AP.

Khurram

Hi all,

Does anyone in this forum know how long it takes to be issued a pakistani visa. Im going to pakistan in Sept to meet my fiancee. Still waiting on my passport. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

It took one of friends 6 weeks to get his visa and he did not have any Pakistani Origin.

Khurram

They gave My wife a list of locations where the passport can be picked up, and also they gave her a pink paper. I was told that the interview said they will be sending her the passport, but they didnt give a time frame.

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Timeline

The exact scenario you described happened to my wife a few weeks ago. She received a call about a week after the interview telling her she can pick up her visa. It appears your wife has been approved. Congrats!

AOS Timeline

7/28/07 Sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago Service Center

8/31/07 NOA1 for I-485 Adjust Status & NOA1 for I-765 EAD

9/26/07 Biometric appointment

10/31/07 EAD card arrives in mail

11/16/07 Applied for SS number. Told it will arrive in 10 days.

I-129 Timeline

1/29/07 Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

1/31/07 Received by Chicago Service Center

2/02/07 NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

2/05/07 NOA1 received in mail

2/12/07 E-mail stating form was transferred to California Service Center

2/17/07 Letter stating form was transferred to Calfornia Service Center

2/20/07 Arrived at California Service Center

4/17/07 NOA2 e-mail notice date

4/21/07 NOA2 approval received in mail

5/4/07 NVC received approved I-129F. Assigns case number.

5/8/07 NVC sends documents to the embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan

5/11/07 Documents arrive in Pakistan, appointment package sent.

5/14/07 Received letter in mail informing us the NVC has sent our package to Pakistan.

5/15/07 Packet received with interview date, DS forms, etc.

5/17/07 Wife's medical examination date

6/5/07 Interview Date @ 08:00

6/5/07 Interview was successful. Was told my wife was "approved" and should receive her visa in a few weeks.

6/12/07 Wife receives passport with K-3 visa via AMEX

7/22/07 Wife arrives in Chicago

I-130 Timeline

1/16/07 -- Mailed I-130 package to Nebraska Service Center

4/21/07 -- NOA2 approval received in mail

Timeline
The exact scenario you described happened to my wife a few weeks ago. She received a call about a week after the interview telling her she can pick up her visa. It appears your wife has been approved. Congrats!

Salaam Oasriz.... did your wife also get fingerprinted?

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Timeline

I jApplication Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On June 18, 2007, we transferred this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

ust got the latest update for my wife's EAD:

Is that normal that EAD case goes to CSC.

ALI

I-129F

09/22/06 - NOA1

NVC:

Islamabad Embassy:

2/06/07- Interview

APPROVED BUT ON AR/AP

EAD

6/14/07 NOA1

7/3/07 Biometrics

AOS

7/21/07 packet sent

7/23/07 Packet received

08/22/07 Biometrics

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Jazkallah Khair

Did they give her a white paper with the pink slip as well? Either they give you a paper with the information on where to contact AMEX or they give you a letter stating that your case requires further administrative processing.

If they took her fingerprints and said that they will mail the passport after some processing that leads me to believe she is on AP.

Khurram

Hi all,

Does anyone in this forum know how long it takes to be issued a pakistani visa. Im going to pakistan in Sept to meet my fiancee. Still waiting on my passport. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

It took one of friends 6 weeks to get his visa and he did not have any Pakistani Origin.

Khurram

They gave My wife a list of locations where the passport can be picked up, and also they gave her a pink paper. I was told that the interview said they will be sending her the passport, but they didnt give a time frame.

If the pink paper is just a token and/or amex locations and no other paper was given to her stating anything to the effect that your case requires further processing, then your wifes visa has been approved and she should get her passport soon (1-2 weeks?). CONGRATS.

Edited by waiting4s

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Jazkallah Khair

Khurram

Hi all,

Khurram

If the pink paper is just a token and/or amex locations and no other paper was given to her stating anything to the effect that your case requires further processing, then your wifes visa has been approved and she should get her passport soon (1-2 weeks?). CONGRATS.

Out of curiousity does everyone get fingerprinted at the interview?

Jazakallah Khair!

K3 Filed - Dec. 2006

Timeline
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Jazkallah Khair

Khurram

Hi all,

Khurram

Out of curiousity does everyone get fingerprinted at the interview?

Jazakallah Khair!

I beleive from reading the pasts posts that if all fingers prints (10) are taken then you will get AP, but 2 or 4 (not sure) print is part of the process. Can somebody with past experience please answer this.

Timeline
I beleive from reading the pasts posts that if all fingers prints (10) are taken then you will get AP, but 2 or 4 (not sure) print is part of the process. Can somebody with past experience please answer this.

Index prints are normal. Ten prints at the time of the interview means you have had a name hit that has to be overcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.