aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

TimeFrame:

CR 1 this is the cover letter and evidence we submitted prior to our interview.

Dear Consular Officer:

Enclosed Documents:

1. DS-230 Forms Part 1 and II

2. Original Birth Certificate and copy of English translation.

3. Original Marriage Certificate and copy of English translation.

4. N/A (Death Certificate)

5. N/A (Divorce Certificate)

6. (a) This letter for the I-864

(B) N/A but it would be copies of the co sponsor’s I-864 and supporting documents or a notation in the letter above about it being submitted stateside.

7. Copy of passport

8. Medical report

9. Photographs

10. a. Police Certificate for the local agency.

b. Police Certificate for other cities or countries

About question 2 all they can do is submit the packets and ask for their interview to be scheduled at the same time. I would not attempt for a visitor visa with a man coming from Pakistan if they are this close on IR visa now.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi faal4anisa,

My wife called DOS 202 663 1225 and was able to get thru. Frankly some ppl say that DOS dont have more info then the consulate but to us they were atleast able to provide a better explanation of what the status was i.e AP/Security Checks. The consulate kept giving us canned vague responses in their email and the same kind of nonsense over the phone. Goodluck I hope you get off AP soon.

Thanks,

FaK

Hi Marynmian

I remember u gave a DOS number to desperado i had the following numbers

202-663-1225 and 202-647-8411

I try the first number but u had to keep listening to do this dial this number do this dial this number but i never heard about what to do to know about my case status and secondly i dial the other number nobody response and bell keep ringing so please tell me what the correct number to dial and what the procedure to get to the operator soon rather keep listening blah blah and no good information

Looking forward for your kind response

thanks

Hi, i love you all.

time to apply for AOS

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Rule of the Thumb:

Intended immigrants are not eligible for Visit Visa.

-Dude

TimeFrame:

CR 1 this is the cover letter and evidence we submitted prior to our interview.

Dear Consular Officer:

Enclosed Documents:

1. DS-230 Forms Part 1 and II

2. Original Birth Certificate and copy of English translation.

3. Original Marriage Certificate and copy of English translation.

4. N/A (Death Certificate)

5. N/A (Divorce Certificate)

6. (a) This letter for the I-864

(B) N/A but it would be copies of the co sponsor’s I-864 and supporting documents or a notation in the letter above about it being submitted stateside.

7. Copy of passport

8. Medical report

9. Photographs

10. a. Police Certificate for the local agency.

b. Police Certificate for other cities or countries

About question 2 all they can do is submit the packets and ask for their interview to be scheduled at the same time. I would not attempt for a visitor visa with a man coming from Pakistan if they are this close on IR visa now.

do i have to submit the following for k3, if i move during process

AR-11, Change of Address:

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

Yes you will need to submit new address change. Also, be aware that you may need to update the finanicals as well. Good luck on the AOS.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NOTE PLEASE:-

This is my request to all the pakistani beneficaries to please fill up your timeline so we can keep updated with each other cases and helps us and feel ease who had been through. There are many who had no timeline at all

thanks

Timeline

SOME POINTS TO PONDER

These are some of the red flags which consulor officer examine when assessing the petition. Hope it help those friends who are about to file their petition. They are as follows

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary’s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

Asslam-o-Alaikum WRWB

How are u all?

Hafiz, yaar its a coincidence, I am INSHA ALLAH going to apply for her AOS this week as well. We were just busy with the baby and all that comes with a baby (good stuff by the way!!!!!!!!! :) ).

Salaam to all my new friends here and I just wanna say that as hard as this process seems to be, one day INSHA ALLAH, it will all be over and u will be with ur loved one and u will say it was well worth it. May ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'AALA help us all.

Timeline
Asslam-o-Alaikum WRWB

How are u all?

Hafiz, yaar its a coincidence, I am INSHA ALLAH going to apply for her AOS this week as well. We were just busy with the baby and all that comes with a baby (good stuff by the way!!!!!!!!! :) ).

Salaam to all my new friends here and I just wanna say that as hard as this process seems to be, one day INSHA ALLAH, it will all be over and u will be with ur loved one and u will say it was well worth it. May ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'AALA help us all.

Congratulations on the baby and good luck on the AOS processing.

Timeline

NATIONAL NAME CHECK PROGRAM

(4) The National Name Check Program ("NNCP) has the mission of disseminating information from the FBI's Central Records System in response to requests submitted by Federal agencies, congressional committees, the Federal judiciary, friendly foreign police and intelligence agencies, and state and local criminal justice agencies. The Central Records System contains the FBI's administrative, personnel, and investigative files. The NNCP has its genesis in Executive Order 10450, issued during the Eisenhower Administration. This executive order addresses personnel security issues and mandates National Agency Checks ("NACs") as part of the pre-employment vetting and background investigation process. The FBI performs the primary NAC conducted on all U.S. Government employees. From this modest beginning, the NNCP has grown exponentially, with more and more customers seeking background information from FBI files on individuals before bestowing a privilege - whether that privilege is Govenunent employment or an appointment, a security clearance, attendance at a White House function, a Green card or naturalization, admission to the bar, or a visa for the privilege of visiting our homeland. More than 70 Federal, state, and local agencies regularly request FBI name searches. In addition to sewing our regular governmental customers, the FBI conducts numerous name searches in direct support of the FBI's counterintelligence, counterterrorism, and homeland security efforts.

EXPLANATION OF THE CENTRAL RECORDS SYSTEM

(5) The Central Records System ("CRS") utilized by the FBI enables it to maintain all information which it has acquired in the course of fulfilling mandated law enforcement responsibilities. The records maintained in the CRS consist of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel, and other files compiled for law enforcement purposes. This system consists of a numerical sequence of files broken down according to subject matter. The subject matter of a file may relate to an individual, organization, company, publication, activity, or foreign intelligence matter. Certain records in the system are maintained at FBIHQ. Records which are pertinent to specific field offices are maintained at those field offices.

(6) Through the General Indices, FBIHQ and each field division can access the CRS. The General Indices are arranged in alphabetical order and consist of an index on various subjects, including the names of individuals and organizations. Only the information considered pertinent, relevant, or essential for future retrieval is indexed.

(7) Communications directed to FBIHQ from various field offices and Legal Attaches ("Legats") are filed in the pertinent case files and indexed to the names of individuals, 11 groups, or organizations which are listed in the case captions or titles as subjects, suspects, or 11 victims. Searches made in the indexto locate records concerning particular subjects are made by searching the name of the subject requested in the index.

(8) The entries in the General Indices fall into two categories:

a. A "main" entry - an entry that carries the name corresponding with the subject of a file contained in the CRS.

b. A "reference" entry - an entry, sometimes called a "crossreference," that generally only mentions or references an

individual, organization, etc., contained in a document located in another "main" file.

(9) On or about October 16, 1995, the Automated Case Support ("ACS") system was implemented for all Field Offices, Legats, and FBIHQ. More than 105 million records were converted from automated systems previously utilized by the FBI. ACS consists of the following three automated applications that support case management functions for all investigative and administrative cases:

a. Investigative Case Management ("ICM") - ICM provides the ability to open, assign, and close investigative and administrative cases as well as to set, assign, and track leads. A case is opened by the Office of Origin ("OO"), which sets leads for itself and other field offices, as needed. The offices that receive the leads are referred to as Lead Offices ("LOs), formerly known as Auxiliary Offices. When a case is opened, it is assigned a Universal Case File Number ("UCFN"), which is utilized by FBIHQ and all offices conducting or assisting in the investigation. Using fictitious file number "1 11-HQ-12345" as an example, an explanation of the UCFN is as follows: "1 1 1" indicates the classification for that specific type of investigation; "HQ is the abbreviated form used for the Office of Origin of the investigation, which in this case is FBI Headquarters; and "12345" indicates the individual case file number for that particular investigation.

b. Electronic Case File ("ECF") - ECF serves as the central electronic repository for the FBI's official text-based documents. ECF supports the universal serial concept, where only the creator of a document serializes it into a file, providing single source entry of serials into the computerized system. All serials originated by the 00 are maintained in the 00's case tile.

c. Universal Index ("UNI") - UNI continues the universal concepts of ACS by providing a complete subject/case index to all investigative and administrative cases. Only the 00 is required to index. However, the LOs may index additional information as needed. UNI, an index of approximately 96.4 million records, functions to index names to cases, and to search names and cases for use in the FBI investigative and administrative cases. Names of individuals or entities are recorded with identifying information such as the date or place of birth, race, sex, locality, social security number, address, or date of event.

(10) The decision to index names other than subjects, suspects, and victims is a discretionary decision made by the investigative FBI Special Agent ("SA"), the supervisor in the field division conducting the investigation, and the supervising FBI SA at FBIHQ. The FBI does not index every name in its files, hut indexes only that information considered pertinent, relevant, or essential for future retrieval. Without a "key" (index) to this mass information, information essential to ongoing investigations could not be readily retrieved. The FBI files would thus be merely archival in nature and could not be effectively used to serve the mandated mission of the FBI, which is to investigate violations of Federal criminal statutes. Therefore, the General Indices to the CRS files are the means by which the FBI can determine what retrievable information, if any, the FBI may have in its CRS files on a particular subject matter.

(11) When the FBI searches a person's name, the name is electronically checked against the UNI. The searches seek all instances of the individual's name, a close date of birth, and social security number, whether a main file name or reference. Again, a main file name is that of an individual who is, himself, the subject of an FBI investigation, whereas a reference is someone whose name appears in an FBI investigation. References may be associates, witnesses, or conspirators. Additionally, there may be a myriad of other reasons to explain why an FBI SA believed it important to index a particular name in an investigation for later recovery. The names are searched in a multitude of combinations, switching the order of first, last, and middle names, as well as combinations with just the first and last, first and middle, and so on. The Name Check Program (NCP) application searches the names phonetically against the UNI records and retrieves similar spelling variations. This is especially important considering that many names in our indices have been transliterated from a language other than English.

(12) If there is a match with a name in a FBI record, it is designated as a "Hit," meaning that the system has stopped on a possible match with the name being checked. At that point, a person must review the file or indices entry to further refine the names "Hit" on. If a search comes up with a match to a name and either a birth date or social security number, it is designated an "Ident." An "Ident" is usually easier to resolve.

RESOLUTION RATE

(13) Historically, approximately 68% of the name checks submitted by USCIS are electronically checked and retunled to USCIS as having "No Record" within 48 hours. A "No Record" indicates that the FBI's UNI database contains no identifiable information regarding a particular individual. Duplicate submissions (hi,d entically spelled names with identical dates of birth and other identical information submitted while the original submission is still pending) are not checked, and the duplicate findings are returned to USCIS within 48 hours.

(14) For the name check requests that are still pending after the initial electronic check, additional review is required. A secondary manual name search completed within 30 - 60 days usually identifies an additional 22% of the USCIS requests as having "No Record," for a 90% overall "No Record" response rate. The results of this 22% are returned to USCIS. The remaining 10% are identified as possibly being the subject of an FBI record. At this point, the FBI record must now be retrieved and reviewed. If the record was electronically uploaded into the FBI ACS electronic record keeping system, it can be reviewed quickly. If not, the relevant information must be retrieved from an existing paper record. Review of this information will determine whether the information is identified with the request. If the information is not identified with the request, the request is closed as a "No Record," and USCIS is notified as such.

(15) Once a record is retrieved, the information in the file is reviewed for possible derogatory information. Less than 1% of the requests are identified with a file containing possible derogatory information. If appropriate, the FBI then forwards a summary of the derogatory information to USCIS.

GROWTH OF THE NAME CHECK PROGRAM

(16) Prior to September 11,2001, the FBI processed approximately 2.5 million name check requests per year. As a result of the FBI's post-911 1 counterterrorism efforts, the number of FBI name checks has grown. For fiscal year 2006, the FBI processed in excess of 3.4 million name checks.

USCIS NAME CHECK REOUESTS

(17) In this period of heightened national security concerns, a review of the background check procedures employed by USCIS was conducted in November 2002. It was determined that in order to better protect the people and the interests of the United States, a more detailed, in-depth clearance procedure was required. One of these procedures involved the name check clearance performed by the FBI. At that time only those "main" files that could be positively identified with an individual were considered responsive. The risk bf missing a match to possible derogatory record(s) was too great and therefore, the search criteria was changed to access references. From a process standpoint, this meant many more files were required to be reviewed for each individual.

(18) In December of 2002 and January of 2003, USCIS resubmitted 2.7 million name check requests to the FBI for all pending applications for benefits under the Immigration and Nationality Act for which name checks were required. The 2.7 million requests were in addition to the regular submissions by USCIS. The FBI has now returned an initial response for all 2.7 million requests. While many initial responses unquestionably indicated that the FBI had no information relating to a specific individual, approximately sixteen percent of the responses (over 440,000) indicated that the FBI have information relating to the subject of the inquiry. These 440,000 requests are in the process of being resolved.

(19) The FBI's processing of the more than 440,000 residuals has delayed the processing of regular submissions from USCIS. As directed by USCIS specifically, the FBI processes name check requests on a first-in, first-out basis unless USCIS directs that a name check be expedited.

(20) It is important to note that the FBI does not adjudicate applications for benefits under the Immigration and Nationality Act. The FBI generally provides a summary of available information to USCIS for their adjudication process.

Timeline

LIST WAITING(AP)/RECEIVED VISA 2007

MIANSAHIB K-3(FEMALE) visa issued and in states.

MEDIA CR-1/IR-1 UNKNOWN

TSHAH2006 K-3 UNKNOWN

PAIN07 UNKNOWN

CANUHANDLEIT UNKNOWN

SUFI CR-I/IR-1 UNKNOWN

MISSINGHIM K-3 UNKNOWN

ASISUN K-3 UNKNOWN

NASIR K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON ????? VISA RECEIVED In December 2006

MICHIGAN K-3 INTERVIEW ON 01, NOV,2005 VISA RECEIVED ON 02,NOV,2006

A1V K-1 INTERVIEW ON O9, JUNE 2006 ON AP

HAFIZ K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 01,SEPT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 14, SEPT,2006

AE4EVER K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 13, SEPT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 20, SEPT 2006

SABAHK99 K-3 INTERVIEW ON 15, SEPT,2006 ON AP

RKHALID CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 06, OCT,2006 VISA RECEIVED 30, DEC,2006

TIMEFRAME CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON MAY,2006 ON AP

DDX K-1 INTERVIEW ON MAY,2006 ON AP

NAIR1 CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON APR,2006 ON AP

GHATTIYA CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 20, APRIL,2006 ON AP

JULIEYANN CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 01, AUG,2006 VISA RECEIVED 26, FEB,2007

FOOKI CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 07, DEC,2006 ON AP

FASEL CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 13, DEC,2006 VISA RECEIVED 15, MAR,2007

SAEED CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 01 JAN,2007 ????????

NIDDY ?(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 05, JAN,2007 ???????

SK782 K-3 INTERVIEW ON ????? VISA RECEIVED 26, JAN,2007

PITTBULL K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 30, JAN,2007 VISA RECEIVED 14, FEB,2007

ADIL KHAN K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 30, JAN,2007 ????????

QUEST234 K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 06,FEB,2007 VISA RECEIVED 14, FEB,2007

DUDE4084 CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 12, FEB,2007 ???????

CED8 K-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 20, FEB,2007 VISA RECEIVED 04, MAR,2007

FAK CR-1/1R-1(PK-CANADA) INTERVIEW ON 21, FEB,2007 ON AP

INFINITBOY CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 06 MAR,2007 VISA RECEIVED 13, MAR, 2007

TAKRAM2000 K-3 INTERVIEW ON 06, MAR, 2007 arrived in states March 23, 2007

DLG K-1 INTERVIEW ON 12, MAR,2007 ???????

FAAL4ANISA K-1 INTERVIEW ON 13, MAR,2007 ON AP

BABYBUNNY CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON AUG,2005 STILL ON AP(THRICE) 21, MAR,2007

AXYOUSU1 K-3(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 25, APR,2007

DESPERADO K-1 INTERVIEW ON 27, MAR,2007 ON AP

KJO K-1 INTERVIEW ON 27, MAR,2007 ?????????

ZAKI CR-1/IR-1 INTERVIEW ON 29, MAR,2007 ON AP

AFTAB&SADIA K-3 INTERVIEW ON 15, MAY,2007

ZEYAD K-3 NOA-1 11, JAN,2007

OASRIZ K-3(FEMALE) NOA-2 02, FEB,2007

.NetFan CR-1 (Male) Interviewed March 15, 2007 on AP

Maranello K3 (female) interviewed 12.01/2006 on AP

Please update your cases as it proceeds and let us know.

I try my best to gather all those who are waiting or got visa in 2007, if i miss any please come and add your self

Thanks for informing and updating.

Fasil where are you are you our updater? Please do not mind I copied and pasted and added a newbie to the list. Also, updated a few that have been issued a visa.

Edited by MaryandMian

Timeline

My name was in twice, so im updating

MIANSAHIB K-3(FEMALE) visa issued and in states.

MEDIA CR-1/IR-1 UNKNOWN

TSHAH2006 K-3 UNKNOWN

PAIN07 UNKNOWN

CANUHANDLEIT UNKNOWN

SUFI CR-I/IR-1 UNKNOWN

MISSINGHIM K-3 UNKNOWN

ASISUN K-3 UNKNOWN

SAEED CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 05 JAN,2007 on AP

INFINITBOY CR-1/IR-1(FEMALE) INTERVIEW ON 06 MAR,2007 VISA RECEIVED 13, MAR, 2007

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Please see the updates for my cases below:

MEDIA CR-1/IR-1 UNKNOWN

TSHAH2006 K-3 UNKNOWN

PAIN07 UNKNOWN

CANUHANDLEIT UNKNOWN

SUFI CR-I/IR-1 (FEMALE), CASES SENT TO PAK 3/22/07, PACKET 3.5 RECEIVED 4/5/07

MISSINGHIM K-3 UNKNOWN

ASISUN K-3 UNKNOWN

Timeline

Saeedeh/Ahsan CR-1/IR-1 (Male)-Interview Sept 2006,Second AP March 2007

MEDIA CR-1/IR-1 UNKNOWN

TSHAH2006 K-3 UNKNOWN

PAIN07 UNKNOWN

CANUHANDLEIT UNKNOWN

SUFI CR-I/IR-1 (FEMALE), CASES SENT TO PAK 3/22/07, PACKET 3.5 RECEIVED 4/5/07

MISSINGHIM K-3 UNKNOWN

ASISUN K-3 UNKNOWN

May 31st, 2005- Submitted I-130

Dec 2nd, 2005- Received Packet 3.5

May 24th, 2006-Submitted Packet 3.5

June 1st,2006- Received Interview letter for November

August 15th, 2006- Date changed for interview to September 21,2006

September 21st, 2006-Interview and put on AR/AP

October 13th, 2006-I return to Pakistan

January 3rd, 2006-They said visa approved and took my hubby's passport-but no visa in sight :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.