aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam

anyone know??

Mo told us that immigrants peoples can apply for lift of conditions 6 mos ahead of time insteqad of 3??

Bro Wajid congrats on the bumpkin!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salaam

anyone know??

Mo told us that immigrants peoples can apply for lift of conditions 6 mos ahead of time insteqad of 3??

Walikum Salaam Cindi,

Here is what I read online you must file before the 90 days but (If you file it too early, they will send your application back.) Someone else may know differently but this is the guide I am using.

Zaki you need the letter to obtain enterance into the embassy. Contact someone if your interview is in two days and no letter. Also, your evidence must be able to go under the window you can take the albums and send pics thru the window to them and they may ask to keep one or two of them. Good luck.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AP Since MARCH 2007, on K-1

Hi ZAKI,

When u reach the convention center u had to go to cabin where they give u tickets for US embassy and that guy will ask u to show your appointment letter and then give u a USA ticket each ticket cost 30 rupees each so better take change.

Most importantly i want to tell u they dont allow u to take the bag with u i had a black bag with me with all my documents in it but i was told you are not allow to take a bag but put all things in a shopper bag so i say u to put all your documents and everything in a big nice strong shopper bag becoz i knew i got in problem and lucky me i had a good shopper with me so i had to take all the things out and put them in a shopper bag. It became a topsoturvy with me so its better u put all your things in some strong shopper bag and if your wife is going with u she is allowed to take the purse with her.

You can take a picture album with you and MARY is right u can show your picture album by opening the half album and insert in at the bottom of the window.

Morevoer make sure dont lost the ticket becoz u had to show them again n again until u dont come back from embassy back to convention center. Finally the bus conductor take the ticket from u when u going back from embassy to convention center.

Last but not the least had a pen with u as u had to fill a parents information form in which they ask your parents name their date of birth and also your height so remember this too.

WISH U BEST OF LUCK FOR A INTERVIEW AND THEN KEEP US UPDATE.

Timeline

Hi ZAKI,

When u reach the convention center u had to go to cabin where they give u tickets for US embassy and that guy will ask u to show your appointment letter and then give u a USA ticket each ticket cost 30 rupees each so better take change.

Most importantly i want to tell u they dont allow u to take the bag with u i had a black bag with me with all my documents in it but i was told you are not allow to take a bag but put all things in a shopper bag so i say u to put all your documents and everything in a big nice strong shopper bag becoz i knew i got in problem and lucky me i had a good shopper with me so i had to take all the things out and put them in a shopper bag. It became a topsoturvy with me so its better u put all your things in some strong shopper bag and if your wife is going with u she is allowed to take the purse with her.

You can take a picture album with you and MARY is right u can show your picture album by opening the half album and insert in at the bottom of the window.

Morevoer make sure dont lost the ticket becoz u had to show them again n again until u dont come back from embassy back to convention center. Finally the bus conductor take the ticket from u when u going back from embassy to convention center.

Last but not the least had a pen with u as u had to fill a parents information form in which they ask your parents name their date of birth and also your height so remember this too.

Thanks Dear for great tips. I have a problem at the moment that i did not receive appointment letter for 29th march interview date. I have only previous letter that was 26th April interview date and only 1 day left i don't know what should i do i am continuously calling US embassy and also i sent email to them but nothing happened so for.

If i did not receive letter tomorrow can i show them on interview day my previous letter and ask them to confirm in embassy as i did not receive any letter from them.

Thanks

Zaki

Hi ZAKI,

Thanks Dear for great tips. I have a problem at the moment that i did not receive appointment letter for 29th march interview date. I have only previous letter that was 26th April interview date and only 1 day left i don't know what should i do i am continuously calling US embassy and also i sent email to them but nothing happened so for.

If i did not receive letter tomorrow can i show them on interview day my previous letter and ask them to confirm in embassy as i did not receive any letter from them.

Thanks

Zaki

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Timeline

Hi ZAKI,

Thanks

Zaki

NVC

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

Filed: Timeline
Salaam

anyone know??

Walikum Salaam Cindi,

Here is what I read online you must file before the 90 days but (If you file it too early, they will send your application back.) Someone else may know differently but this is the guide I am using.

Zaki you need the letter to obtain enterance into the embassy. Contact someone if your interview is in two days and no letter. Also, your evidence must be able to go under the window you can take the albums and send pics thru the window to them and they may ask to keep one or two of them. Good luck.

Mary is right, it is 90 days not 6 months. Also it is better to wait few extra days and file 85-90 days before.

Edited by MJA

U.S. Citizen since 02-15-2007

Timeline

HI ZAKI,

It would have been better the day u got a call from embassy that your interview date had been changed you better ask them please send me email also plus the appointment letter of that interview date. I have been emailing embassy but they had been replying me so try to send them email and also call them. In calls i had very tough time very hardly i got someone replying otherwise it keep ringing so try your best that u should get appointment letter of your interview date.

To tell you that first thing that when u had to take your US ticket they will ask you to show the appointment letter and i m not sure that if they see that your appointment date is in april they wont give u the ticket and if u dont get the ticket u cant sit in the bus so it is imperative that u had appointment in black and white with 20, MARCH 2007.

Zaki u should have ask that person who told u that your appointment date is changed that u need in writing becoz the security checking is very strict and they wont allow you to go to embassy if u dont have the appointment date or the email from the embassy showing that your appointment date had been changed.

Only thing that is left that u can take a chance and tell them that the embassy had changed your appointment date but they will definately ask u the proof of that which u dont have right now the best u can do that ask them to reply u in email that ur appointment date had been changed from april to march atleast u had something to show in writing.

I know it quite confusing for you but keep in touch with them so they can response u.

I wish u best of luck again.

Timeline
HI ZAKI,

It would have been better the day u got a call from embassy that your interview date had been changed you better ask them please send me email also plus the appointment letter of that interview date. I have been emailing embassy but they had been replying me so try to send them email and also call them. In calls i had very tough time very hardly i got someone replying otherwise it keep ringing so try your best that u should get appointment letter of your interview date.

To tell you that first thing that when u had to take your US ticket they will ask you to show the appointment letter and i m not sure that if they see that your appointment date is in april they wont give u the ticket and if u dont get the ticket u cant sit in the bus so it is imperative that u had appointment in black and white with 20, MARCH 2007.

Zaki u should have ask that person who told u that your appointment date is changed that u need in writing becoz the security checking is very strict and they wont allow you to go to embassy if u dont have the appointment date or the email from the embassy showing that your appointment date had been changed.

Only thing that is left that u can take a chance and tell them that the embassy had changed your appointment date but they will definately ask u the proof of that which u dont have right now the best u can do that ask them to reply u in email that ur appointment date had been changed from april to march atleast u had something to show in writing.

I know it quite confusing for you but keep in touch with them so they can response u.

I wish u best of luck again.

I decided that i will go to Embassy tomorrow to collect appointment letter from there. I just call my friends wife she had the same problem she went to embassy and collect her letter. Please pray for me so they give me letter by hand tomorrow otherwise there will be big problem.

Thanks

Zaki

NVC

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

Timeline
I decided that i will go to Embassy tomorrow to collect appointment letter from there. I just call my friends wife she had the same problem she went to embassy and collect her letter. Please pray for me so they give me letter by hand tomorrow otherwise there will be big problem.

Zaki,

Good luck and look forward to good news later.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Zaki,

Good luck and look forward to good news later.

Mary

Tip:

Take the print out of the email with you.

when? on Wednesday or on interview day.

Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone! I was looking at this forum for answers to some of my questions. OK - here is my dilemma ... I applied for my fiance on September 28th ... everything went very smoothly (more smoothly that I expected) and my fiancé had his interview yesterday. In the interview, he was required to give fingerprints. After that was done, he was interviewed by a nice white guy. He asked my fiance some basic questions, like whats my name, wat do I do ... if we got married or just engaged and simple stuff like that. He was nice and even joked a lil with my fiance. At the end of the interview ... he congratulated my fiance and told him that he has been approved for a visa, but that he has to leave his passport with them and they were gonna do some administrative process which usually take anywhere between 2 - 4 months. But he said that they will try to be efficient and would probably get his processing done in a month or 2. he was given a pink slip which he is supposed to show the Amex ppl to his passport.

When he told he that yesterday ... i was very happy that all is well and done. And this morning I started to look through the internet to see if anyone else have had a similar experience and then I landed on this site and my depression grew. Is it true that it mite take a year or MORE? This is crazy. I thought that all this processing is taken care of BEFORE the interview.

Can anyone please help me? Has anyone had an experience similar to mine? if yes ... wat was the outcome? I very anxious rite now. Does it take very long for everyone? or are there ppl out there with a better experience. Thank! Waiting for a reply ...

AayZee Timeline for AOS/EAD/AP

09/06/2007 - POE @ Los Angeles

09/09/2007 - Married

09/17/2007 - Applied For Social Security

09/23/2007 - Got Social Security by Mail

10/15/2007 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

10/18/2007 - Docs received @ the Chicago Mailbox

10/26/2007 - Check Cashed

11/02/2007 - Received Biometrics letter

11/20/2007 - Biometrics appt

11/20/2007 - Touch

11/25/2007 - Touch

01/28/2008 - EAD Approved & AP touched

02/04/2008 - EAD Received

02/10/2008 - AP Received

03/24/2008 - Interview Appt Receieved (scheduled for 05/24/2008)

End is so new ... can hardly wait!

Timeline

Hi Desperado,

I want to ask you that your fiance got a white paper also in which it is written you are put under administrative process. I was also told by the consulor officer that they need to do background checking and they also give me a pink slip staple with a list of american express offices and circling around the lahore office that keep in contact and it may take month or months. Do response me that your fiance also got that letter of administrative processing

thanks

So Ghattiya, Nair1 and myself also on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.

ZAKI

I hope u get the appointment letter by hand keep in touch and wish u good luck again for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.