aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nair1,

You can update your chart, my wife got her visa last Wednesday :-)

Congrats Fasel!

Here's the updated list:

Sadeeh--------------------submitted on Jan 16 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

Dude's freind (a non VJ) -----submitted on Jan 31 -- via Amex-------------still waiting

Javeed--------------------submitted on Feb 5 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Dude-------------------- submitted on Feb 12 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Fasel )for wife)-----------Interview Dec 15---------via Embassy-----------Visa received on March 21 :)

Saeed(for wife)------------Inteview Jan 5----------via Embassy-------------Pending

Nair--------------------submitted on March 10 -- via Speedex-------- Back on AP, March 21

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Congratulations ZAKI that your interview came on MARCH 29, 2007. Wish you good luck i just say u that u had to que in a yellow bar that is for immigration cases and the blue bar is for visit visa cases. Be there at time at 800am at the embassy. The immigration officer will take the appointment letter from all those immigrant cases. They will call your names many times like first you had to deposit your fees then they call you to check your papers and anything if they ask u to bring a document as they ask me to. I wish you best of luck for your interview and many many good wishes from me and other friends from VJ members here.

There is one thing i want to ask u people that they gave me paper of AP. They also gave me the pink slip and the consulor officer a blonde lady told me when i ask her about the AP, that we want to check if u had any criminal record and i ask her again how long it takes and she replied me again it takes month or months.

What the pink slip stand for becoz there was another friend whom i met on the medical day and he also had the interview same on MARCH 13, 2007 and he was also given the same letter.

I went to american express and ask them this and the lady said u are approved but u had to wait until your clearance come i m still confused so will u pls tell me what PINK SLIP stand for?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi

Congratulations ZAKI that your interview came on MARCH 29, 2007. Wish you good luck i just say u that u had to que in a yellow bar that is for immigration cases and the blue bar is for visit visa cases. Be there at time at 800am at the embassy. The immigration officer will take the appointment letter from all those immigrant cases. They will call your names many times like first you had to deposit your fees then they call you to check your papers and anything if they ask u to bring a document as they ask me to. I wish you best of luck for your interview and many many good wishes from me and other friends from VJ members here.

There is one thing i want to ask u people that they gave me paper of AP. They also gave me the pink slip and the consulor officer a blonde lady told me when i ask her about the AP, that we want to check if u had any criminal record and i ask her again how long it takes and she replied me again it takes month or months.

What the pink slip stand for becoz there was another friend whom i met on the medical day and he also had the interview same on MARCH 13, 2007 and he was also given the same letter.

I went to american express and ask them this and the lady said u are approved but u had to wait until your clearance come i m still confused so will u pls tell me what PINK SLIP stand for?

Thanks

Thanks, i have a question, how much i need to pay on interview day with IR1 category. I already paid 380 dollars to NVC. The lady from consulate told me to bring medical report only as other papers they already have.

I only have now wedding and some other pictures after marriage, some chat logs, and phone cards for my proof and school and diploma certificates as well. Are these proofs are sufficient ??

Thanks

Zaki

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

All these evidences you mentioned are good enough. I dont think you need to pay at the embassy. I paid $380 for DS-230 at NVC and my wife didnt have to pay any fees at the embassy.

Hi

Thanks

Thanks, i have a question, how much i need to pay on interview day with IR1 category. I already paid 380 dollars to NVC. The lady from consulate told me to bring medical report only as other papers they already have.

I only have now wedding and some other pictures after marriage, some chat logs, and phone cards for my proof and school and diploma certificates as well. Are these proofs are sufficient ??

Thanks

Zaki

Any news on shon anyone?!

SHON IS GONE :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shon is gone where?! I thought they gave her hubby the visa. I dont get it!?!

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Timeline

Hi

Will anybody response my question about PINK SLIP i asked above? thanks

Fasel congratulations on your wife to get visa,

There is a request can anyone make a list for Pakistani's beneficaries that who got visa who on AP so we can have idea who are cleared and who are on waiting list?

Filed: Timeline

pink slip or token 4 digits on it? well if this is token this is for retrieve your passport later when embassy will done with all security checks you will have to show this to American express for get back passport keeping passport and giving it back dosen't make much difference they kept my passport and gave me same white paper of administrative processing and gave me pink token but yet no visa and i'm in security checks from one year best of luck

Edited by ddx

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I need little help please.

My wife is finally arrived on Friday on K3 visa. Now I have to file I-1485 and I-765 (Employment) am I right? For I-485 what I have to choose Under PART2 Applicate type category? She is on k3.

Also she cannot apply Social security? am I right?

I went to DMV yesterday for ID but they told me they need proff of resident (any type of letter mailed to her on this address) and then copy of passport they will send this to Richmond and after that she is eligible for ID. Is this is right?

Please answer me fast because I want to file her paperworks before Thursday and u all know all application fee;s jumping to 3 times from April 1st.

Thanks ALL

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

Timeline

Hi DDX

Yes i get the slip with 04 digits. I need to ask you why it taking u so long and still not get visa did you contact with the embassy that why they taking so long for your security clearance, why your fiancee is not calling DOS and ask them.

I know its so nerve racking for u and its been year and still u hanging on i pray u get your visa soon and have a reunion please let me know what happen since u been on AP u contact with embassy and what they said or they did any more field investigation on your case

Looking for a kind response from you

thanks

Timeline
I need little help please.

My wife is finally arrived on Friday on K3 visa. Now I have to file I-1485 and I-765 (Employment) am I right? For I-485 what I have to choose Under PART2 Applicate type category? She is on k3.

Yes, you are correct and when you write in category put K3 as her category.

Also she cannot apply Social security? am I right?

I went to DMV yesterday for ID but they told me they need proff of resident (any type of letter mailed to her on this address) and then copy of passport they will send this to Richmond and after that she is eligible for ID. Is this is right?

Social security takes at least two weeks to get the information of them entering the USA from their POE if they checked this on their application. You can go to the office and then ask for her a card.

Go to www.dmv.org and check on your state for the driver's license requirements. I know we had a hard time getting one for Ishteaq. He needed his greencard, his ss card, and mail showing his address in the states.

Please answer me fast because I want to file her paperworks before Thursday and u all know all application fee;s jumping to 3 times from April 1st.

Thanks ALL

Congratulations on your reunion and good luck on the AOS processing.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Just an update after coming back from medical.

I went for medical today in Islamabad. I reach 9:30 am, after filling one form then give blood and then X ray. After waiting 2 hours lady doctor call me and checked every thing throat ,eyes, ears then she told me to put your shirt off and she checked my arms, legs, feet, neck and after that check my blood pressure.

Again wait for 20 mins and male doctor call me in his room he told me to put your shirt and pant off :wacko: and lay down on the bench. He checked every single joint of my body and ask questions if you were in hospital, any major disease etc. At the end there were 3 shots on my arms and thats it.

That was my medical interview.

Thanks

Zaki

NVC

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

Timeline

Few questions about interview,

I have 2 big picture albums, what should i do can i take them on interview day or i must select some pictures from them and put them in a folder ??

The other thing is i did not receive appointment letter (packet 4) yet as there are 2 days left as the embassy lady told me they will send soon.

Thanks

Zaki

NVC

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.