aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I have a question for the ladies here: how long did it take your hubbies (who came in on K-3s) to get their EADs or interim EADs? Any problems? We're being given a very difficult time and hope that AILF will file a class action lawsuit for people who are in our situation.

Hi Zsam... My hubby's EAD was approved in under 2 months,,,, however, the SS office took another 10 WEEKS to send us his SS Card. Good Luck!

Laney

Good luck tomorrow on April 13th for the following interviews.

Ali and Danika

Fasil

And Zaki is going on 26th and wanted to wish him all the best as well. Mary

Thanks Mary, Good Luck to Ali & Danika and Fasil for tomorrow interview. Waiting their experiences anxiously. :thumbs:

DITTO everyone! I can't wait to hear how the interviews go in a few hours.

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife said AMEX contacted her and told her to come in tomorrow to pick up her "DOCUMENTS". My wife said when she went for her interview in Islamabad, the embassy had given back all her documents. Does this mean she will get the visa tomorrow? Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
My wife said AMEX contacted her and told her to come in tomorrow to pick up her "DOCUMENTS". My wife said when she went for her interview in Islamabad, the embassy had given back all her documents. Does this mean she will get the visa tomorrow? Thanks.

Hopefully! You'll have to tell us how it goes. Is she going to Amex on Wednesday?

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Junglee069 glad to see your back again with us.

Fasel keep us posted on your wife's paperwork and hope it is her visa that is being delivered.

Fasil and Ali and Dankia no news to share yet?

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fasel, I called DOS too but they r not telling me wheater visa is isued or mailed. I know my wife had k3 interview on March 6th and she ws approved but not recieved he passport yet. Other who had nterview on March 6th did get passport on March 9th.

any clue?

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

What do DOS exactly tell you ? Im not sure if your wife's case was put on AP or not. My wife's interview was back in Dec so I had a 3 month wait because of AP.

Tell your wife to call the embassy or AMEX to find out quickly.

Fasel, I called DOS too but they r not telling me wheater visa is isued or mailed. I know my wife had k3 interview on March 6th and she ws approved but not recieved he passport yet. Other who had nterview on March 6th did get passport on March 9th.

any clue?

Edited by Fasel

Timeline
What do DOS exactly tell you ? Im not sure if your wife's case was put on AP or not. My wife's interview was back in Dec so I had a 3 month wait because of AP.

Tell your wife to call the embassy or AMEX to find out quickly.

any clue?

Hello,I have a question to everyone here on what "AMEX" is?

Also, I have applied for the k-3 and am waiting for NOA2. and was wondering if anyone's spouses in PK have any issues getting mail. You know how it is, with everything (mail addresses) being landmarks and unorganized. Just wondering if the documents will get to her safely when she ever gets them sent from NVC. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Ali said his interview went well. They asked him questions and requested that he get a few more documents. I believe he has max. 25 days to return the new docs, then they said 45days to 1 mo. for approval (?).

He chose to be interviewed in English and said they were very kind. Here are the questions he was asked:

Where did you meet your fiance?

How do you know her?

How many times has she come to Pakistan?

Where is she from in the United States?

What she is doing (for work) in the United States?

When were you engaged?

Where were you engaged?

Has she met your family?

Do you have some pictures?

When did she meet your family?

How much time have you spend together?

Where is your child living?

When you are going to marry?

So, he apparently needs to get another police certificate from his village - the one he gave them is not enough because it doesn't have a photo of him on it. He also has to get another divorce certificate from the civil authority in his home village. Not sure why what he presented wasn't sufficient...

He said everyone was nice. They took a full set of fingerprints and had him pay his fee.

He also said there were several others there, one guy and several women. He didn't know if anyone was approved that day or not.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope this helps you getting ready for the interviews...

07-18-2006 Mailed I-129f

07-21-2006 Arrived Nebraska Service Center, transfered to CSC

07-29-2006 NOA1 notice received in mail

09-26-2006 NOA2

10-16-2006 NVC assigns case number

10-30-2006 ISL sends out packet 3

11-06-2006 Packet 3 recieved

12-08-2006 Packet 3 returned to Embassy

01-26-2007 Called to Amex for interview date

03-13-2007 SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Folks,

I do follow this thread as I am from Pakistan but dont post on it that much as I am in Canada and going thru the Montreal Consulate. You may or may not have the answer for my question but please tell me what you think is happening here. I had an IR-1 interview at the Montreal Consulate and the interview went well and I was told I would get the visa the following week. This did not happen and when we contacted the consulate we were told to wait 2 weeks. Now what I think is that because my country of birth is Pakistan (I lived there till 1998) I am stuck in Security Clearances but isnt it strange that I was not given any information after the interview that it would take longer then a week. What do you think is happening here? And what do you think I should do....are you aware of any forum or topic here which is tracking Pakistanis going thru Montreal or Vancouver? As you can understand me and wife were not expecting this roadblock specially when we were given an assurance by the CO that I would get the visa in a week.

Thanks,

FaK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am stuck in Security Clearances but isnt it strange that I was not given any information after the interview that it would take longer then a week. What do you think is happening here?

Fak all the men that are stuck in AR/AP are usually told it will take one week, two weeks or 45 days that go thru Islamabad and end up stuck in security clearances. I know our 45 days LOL when I contacted them they said 45 business days and this came and went. NO ONE can tell you how long you will be stuck in security checks. I see you around on VJ and you can see the ones that are trying to AOS stateside that are stuck in long checks as well. Bradlow, Rebeccajo, etc. Depending on what checks they are doing some checks can come back clear and be on hold for one or more that have not cleared. Once these clear sometimes the earlier cleared checks have expired and must be sent back for rechecks again. Sad but true and it is like a dog chasing it's own tail when this is happening.

And what do you think I should do....are you aware of any forum or topic here which is tracking Pakistanis going thru Montreal or Vancouver?

I am not aware of any thread or stats for these figures. Good luck and hope your checks are cleared soon so you can be with your wife.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hi VJ Members,

My wife received her visa/passport and special documents today. Inshallah she will be flying out on April 6th. I wanted her to come eariler but all flights from Pak to US thru PIA have been cancelled/banned so only Cathay and Singapore Airlines are available. Thanks for everything guys. If you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to contact me. Allah hafez.

Fasel

Edited by Fasel

Timeline

Fasel and others, well my wife is not on AP because they have told her she is approved and should expect her passport back within 5 business days. Since then AMEX is claiming they have not recieved passport from Embassy yet.

I try to call Embassy everyday but you know how is US embassy. No one answer and always on hold. I am just wondering what if AMEX lost ir or misplaced it (its happen before with someone else).

I am so confused!

FASEL: Flights are available by Emirates or Eithad as well as PIA. Where she will be flying from? I mean Karachi, lahore or Islamambad? I can help you to get flight if she is ready to fly soon.

Edited by takram2000

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.