aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
That is weird, you should call the embassy...

My husband called me yesterday and told me that he recieved his interview letter, took about 2 1/2 weeks. His interview is on july 25 at 8 am. seems a LONG way off...

Is Islamabad embassy known to change time of the interview if requested...?? i was thinking about going to visit my husband and go with him to the interview... do they allow that?? or is the applicant the only person allowed to be there??

~stranger~

I don't think so the embassy change time for interview as my wife already tried this, but you should also try may be it will work for you.

Yes they will allow, you only need to do is show US passport and you will be with your husband during interview.

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
That is weird, you should call the embassy...

My husband called me yesterday and told me that he recieved his interview letter, took about 2 1/2 weeks. His interview is on july 25 at 8 am. seems a LONG way off...

Congratulations and the time is way off but this is normal.

Is islamabad embassy known to change time of the interview if requested...?? i was thinking about going to visit my husband and go with him to the interview... do they allow that?? or is the applicant the only person allowed to be there??

I tried to move my husband's interview date as well as others and the embassy has not really changed the date. A few women have had their dates changed but not any men that I know of. You can attend the interview if you like and depending on the CO you may be able to speak some will allow it and others will allow you to attend but not to speak too much. Mary

~stranger~

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hi All,

Good news my fiance finally got an appointment date for the K-1 visa! Yeah! Thought I would share our timeline with everyone as encouragement that thinks are moving along (albeit at glacial speed) in the ISL embassy. :dance:

The stars seem to be aligning for us though. I'm getting ready to start a new job with the federal government, but before my start date I knew I could take 3 weeks to go for a visit. I was sure I was going to have to make a second visit for the interview because we had not heard back from them yet. Happily we got the letter and the appointment is the day before I was scheduled to return back to the US. Really incredible!

Btw - XStrangerX2007, my lawyer and numerous people on VJ suggest that the spouse/fiance go to the interview. Even if you aren't allowed to talk much. I understand that your mere presence strengthens your case.

Good luck to everyone else. I'll write again after the interview to let everyone know the outcome.

Timeline

9/29/06 I-129F Sent

10/24/06 NOV2 Hardcopy Received

1/16/07 Packet 3.5 Received

1/23/07 Embassy receives Packet 3.5

2/13/07 My lawyer emailed to inquire about appointment date

3/2/07 Received letter notifying us of appointment date (letter dated 2/16/07 - see squeaky wheel gets the grease!)

3/22/07 Medical exam

3/27/07 Interview at the embassy

7/3/07 DOS informs us that security clearance in DC is completed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATS KJO!!! I hope everyting goes well for you... :yes:

Thank for your advice... thats what i as thinking too, that it would be an advantage to got to the interview with him. The only poblem is that i have a 11 month old daughter and gosh we all know how hot the weather is in rawalpindi/islamabad during july... i only visited once during the summer and was in the hospital for half of the time...lol... i dont want the poor thing to endure the summers over there...

hmmm anyway... please let us all know how your interview process goes, what happened.. what did they ask...lol...

Thanks again!

~Stranger~

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Timeline

Congratulations KJO and look forward to your update in the near future.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, I promised you all that I will provide detail about my wife k3 visa approval at Islamabad Embassy.

its tok her an hour to get in and out from Embassy, 4 were k3 and 3 CR1 and 1 k1 visas. They issue and approved everyone except k1 because that lady told them they have not met in person and told them in her culture its not allowed to meet before marriage so they refuse her (hopefully this information will help others if going for k1).

They took her papers and ask few questions andd told her she is approved. Questions were:

1) Have u been to any foreign country: Answer was YES because we flon to Mlaysia on Honeymoon.

2) When your husband (me) came to USA and for what purpose?

3) Do you have honeymoon and wedding pictures? she showed some, they did not ask for phone bill, emails and other stuff even she carried everything withher because i told her to do just in case.

4) You husband own or rent house?

Thats about it and tol her she will get her passport back via AMEX within 5 business days. I happy to give u more details if anyone looking forward to it please do email meat takram2000@gmail.com because i am not on this site frequently. Se is flying on March 13th but PIA cancelled her flight (This is happening since EU and USA banned 38 of 45 planes - So PIA have only 7 plane to use for Europe and USA)

Best of all and thank you for everything.

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

Timeline

Hi everyone.

Now that my wife has received her K3 visa, I am starting to look into what comes next.

It seems like the AOS process requires vaccinations that were not required for K3. Has anyone gone through this already from Pakistan? What vaccinations are needed for AOS, and is it better to get them in Pakistan before coming to the U.S.?

Thanks again for all your help!

K3 Visa Process:

I130:

08/10 - Mailed to VSC

08/14 - Received by VSC

08/19 - Received NOA1 (I-797C)

12/13 - Approved!

12/18 - Received NOA2 (I-797C)

I129F:

08/22 - Mailed to Chicago

08/25 - Received by Chicago

09/02 - Received NOA1 (I-797C)

10/23 - Transferred to VSC

11/01 - Received by VSC

12/13 - Approved!

12/18 - Received NOA2 (I-797C)

12/18 - Transferred to NVC, then to Embassy

02/01 - Received Packet 3

02/02 - Medical

02/06 - K3 Interview

02/14 - Received K3 Visa!!!!!

My wife's case is currently on AP/AR but she just received a phone call from the embassy asking her where she been from 92 to current, her job status and does she have any relationships with terrorism and stuff.

Guys what can this mean ? Does this mean her clearance is almost complete ?

Timeline

AOA fellows,

nice to see a seperate thread for Pakistan/Isl..... :)

My I-130 and I-129F were approved on 03-01-07.. i havent recieved snail mail from USCIS as yet, however i was wondering which option is good for us considering history of Islamabad Embassy. I have read on other threads that they are keeping I-130 and forwarding K-3 process. However if anyone wants his I-130 to be forwarded he/she needs to submit some form and fee. I also learnt that even after sumbission of those forms and fees, no I-130 has been forwarded as yet. So should i sit laid back and see how our K-3 proceeds? or i should try to get my I-130 forwarded?

Also generally i know what to expect and how long it can take as i have been going through other threads, but Islamabad is a special place :) so can any body explain to me what and when should v expect my case being forward to Islamabad, then when we should expect packet 3.5 and how long can it take before my husband is interviewed?

I am extremely thank ful to marrynmian for introducing me to this thread.

Together we can find a way, or make one!

Aftab N Sadia

-------------------------------------------------

I-130 Processing:

10-30-2006:Mailed I-130

11-06-2006:Recieved NOA-1 Mail

03-01-2007:Approved

03-02-2007:Touched

03-08-2007:Recieved NOA-2 Mail

I-129 Processing:

11-20-2006:Mailed I-129

12-01-2006:Recieved NOA-1 Mail

12-06-2006:Moved from Missouri to VSC

12-09-2006:Touched without change of status

12-12-2006:Touched without change of status

12-13-2006:Touched without change of status

12-15-2006:Touched without change of status

01-10-2007:Touched without change of status

03-01-2007:Approved

03-02-2007:Touched[Left for NVC?]

{Somewhere here NVS Assigns case number}

03-07-2007:Case leaves for embassy[Good Job NVC]

03-08-2007:Recieved NOA-2 Mail

K-3 Processing @ ISL Embassy:

03-12-2007:Embassy Recieves Case

03-16-2007:I email embassy for confirmation

03-20-2007:Embassy replies and confirms about receipt of case,will send K-3 Packet soon

03-26-2007:Embassy Sends out K-3 Packet through TCS

03-28-2007:K-3 Packet is recieved

05-15-2007:Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got tired of going to page 4 to check this forum, so ill update this list,

im assuming this is the Ap/AR list

Sadeeh--------------------submitted on Jan 16 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

My freind (a non VJ) -----submitted on Jan 31 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

Javeed--------------------submitted on Feb 5 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Dude(yself)---------------submitted on Feb 12 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Fasel )for wife)-----------Interview Dec 15---------via Embassy-----------Pending

ME (for wife)------------Inteview Jan 5----------via Embassy-------------Pending

I got tired of going to page 4 to check this forum, so ill update this list,

im assuming this is the Ap/AR list

Sadeeh--------------------submitted on Jan 16 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

My freind (a non VJ) -----submitted on Jan 31 -- via Amex----------------still waiting

Javeed--------------------submitted on Feb 5 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Dude(yself)---------------submitted on Feb 12 -- via Visitng embassy-----still waiting

Fasel )for wife)-----------Interview Dec 15---------via Embassy-----------Pending

ME (for wife)------------Inteview Jan 5----------via Embassy-------------Pending

I have updated the list by adding my name to it. Lets hope we all get our visas in our hands asp!

Nair--------------------submitted on March 10 -- via Speedex------------ waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone.

Now that my wife has received her K3 visa, I am starting to look into what comes next.

It seems like the AOS process requires vaccinations that were not required for K3. Has anyone gone through this already from Pakistan? What vaccinations are needed for AOS, and is it better to get them in Pakistan before coming to the U.S.?

Thanks again for all your help!

Salam everyone..it has been a long time since I have posted in this thread! :)

Regarding the question above, your wife will still have to do the medical, etc when she comes to the US so I'd advise just wait till you come here. it may be a bit more expensive but better to just get it all done here. I know we were told that my husband had to do the medical AGAIN here. He didn't need any vaccinations though for AOS but just the general medical/physical.

I have a question for the ladies here: how long did it take your hubbies (who came in on K-3s) to get their EADs or interim EADs? Any problems? We're being given a very difficult time and hope that AILF will file a class action lawsuit for people who are in our situation.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Timeline

Good luck tomorrow on April 13th for the following interviews.

Ali and Danika

Fasil

And Zaki is going on 26th and wanted to wish him all the best as well. Mary

Timeline
Good luck tomorrow on April 13th for the following interviews.

Ali and Danika

Fasil

And Zaki is going on 26th and wanted to wish him all the best as well. Mary

Thanks Mary, Good Luck to Ali & Danika and Fasil for tomorrow interview. Waiting their experiences anxiously. :thumbs:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.